All laptop related queries here!!!

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
You read wrong somewhere! 2016tx has full keyboard with numpad.

Source?

hi
would u please tell me whats the difference between intel core processor I-7 2nd and I-7 3rd generation
actually my sister is doing architecture so my main focus is for a good graphic card as well as a good ram
i do have choice of laptop's of dell where one has 6gb ram whith I7 2nd generation where as the other one has 6gb ram whith I7 3rd generation, so which one should i take??

2nd gen and 3rd gen have basically different iGPU, i.e. HD3000 vs HD4000; latter being 2x better. Plus some overall ~5-10% improvement which can be related to architectural improvements. If 2nd gen saves you money, then opt for it. Actually when the dGPU is more powerful than HD4000, then it doesn't matters whichever gen you opt.

Its just the price! or brand or some other reason?

Price and you can say brand wise too.

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
Please check here- HP Pavilion G6-2016TX the of this product doesn't have numpad. and can you suggest any laptop which has best screen for viewing under my budget ??

I asked source from rider as he was saying that 2016tx had num pad.

For good screen, you can have a loot at 4540 ProBook, a much much better laptop except that it doesn't have a dGPU. Otherwise you don't have much option except Samsung n550p i5 version @ ~50k.

Chirag_123

Broken In
Please check here- HP Pavilion G6-2016TX the of this product doesn't have numpad. and can you suggest any laptop which has best screen for viewing under my budget ??
The 2016tx does have a numpad,i checked it myself in HP World.If i am not wrong all d lappys in d g6 series have numpad ... the 2016tx has one for sure..You should not rely on pics and specs mentioned on their (FK) website as it may be wrong..

The 2016tx does have a numpad,i checked it myself in HP World.If i am not wrong all d lappys in d g6 series have numpad ... the 2016tx has one for sure..You should not rely on pics and specs mentioned on their (FK) website as it may be wrong..

rider

as Kratos
because I can't find any review about HP Pavilion G6-2016TX. can you suggest any laptop which has best screen for viewing??

Are these specs and pics from hp india official website? As I said a trillion times in this forum to memebers that please don't judge anything from product info from online shopping sites specially flipkart, that pic mentioned in flipkart placed wrong. *www.sigma-galant.com/images/smilies/facepalm.gif
Source: Full-size island-style keyboard w/ numeric keys

Yes, you are right man! even every new pavilion 15" laptop (G6 and DV6) has awesome full chiclet style island keyboard.

Last edited:

BachatBox

Broken In
ok rider, I got it. forget about keyboard. Can you all mentor, suggest me a decent screen laptop which can fulfil my requirements..?
And I'm still confused between this 3 series of laptop - HP pavilion G6- Samsung NP350 - Lenovo Z580, all of has similar spec.
I personally show lenovo Z580 it has little bit low bright screen & Samsung NP350 has good bright screen but some foggy screen(not an issue at full light room/office or day light environment), but not sure how it's perform at low light environment. I don't have any personal experience of HP pavilion G6.

Last edited:

rider

as Kratos
ok rider, I got it. forget about keyboard. Can you all mentor, suggest me a decent screen laptop which can fulfil my requirements..?
And I'm still confused between this 3 series of laptop - HP pavilion G6- Samsung NP350 - Lenovo Z580, all of has similar spec.
I personally show lenovo Z580 it has little bit low bright screen & Samsung NP350 has good bright screen but some foggy screen(not an issue at full light room/office or day light environment), but not sure how it's perform at low light environment. I don't have any personal experience of HP pavilion G6.

You should better go to some showroom and compare. According to me screen of G6 is fine, not outstanding or not poor but good for its price.

rider

as Kratos
HP 4540s ProBook has i5 3gen with 8GB ram and HP Pavilion G6-2016TX has i5 3gen, 4GB with 1GB Radeon 7670M HD. Which is best..?

It depends on you usage. If you would like to play new high end games, you should buy 2016TX as it has a dedicated GPU. If you are not interested in gaming get hp probook, it is superior build hence a better laptop.

BachatBox

Broken In
It depends on you usage. If you would like to play new high end games, you should buy 2016TX as it has a dedicated GPU. If you are not interested in gaming get hp probook, it is superior build hence a better laptop.

I don't wanna play game on it but want to encoding/editing video and editing photos. what do you suggest now..?

Skyh3ck

Cyborg Agent
hey guys suggest best 14" laptop for a freelancer under Rs 25k with 2nd gen i3 procccy, to buy in Diwali or also help with any diwali offer

main usage is ms office, tax return, email, and light gaming of RTS games and Sim 3.

pleaes help

kartii

Right off the assembly line
is it possible to add discrete graphics card in hp probook 4540s?.....

i asked this question to hp laptop customer care, he said if you want dgpu then just bring your lap to hp customer care,they will do this with additional cost... he also said hp probook only has this feature....

is it true?... i have searched in net and i didnt find any steps to add dgpu...

raj_55555

Journeyman
It seems i am invisible here hence no one reply to my post

Take a look at HP 430 or Acrer AS4755.

Hey guys need to buy a laptop <= Rs 30k. Only criteria:

Screen = 14"
must be able to play Blue ray movies (blue ray drive not required).
May be games like counter strike and the older NFS most wanted would suffice.. Any suggestions?

rider

as Kratos

i asked this question to hp laptop customer care, he said if you want dgpu then just bring your lap to hp customer care,they will do this with additional cost... he also said hp probook only has this feature....

Probooks are business series laptops. If hp officials saying that they can put dGPU :shock: they will take loads of money for sure. If you want a laptop with dGPU, it's better to buy an entertainment laptop from pavilion series.

Gtb93

In the zone

You should ask them to quote a price for the dGPU.

Top Bottom