All laptop related queries here!!!

apdd

Broken In
Big no!! to fijitsu laptops, have you ever seen anyone using this brand of laptop? God knows how will be its after sales. As I suggest you NP300E5X by thinking and comparing other laptops in this range. It has better battery life upto 4-5 hours and amazing 1000 battery cycles generally a normal battery has just 300 cycles and you will get 2 years manufacturer warranty but please make confirm samsung india customer care about this as infibeam forgot to mention the offer or not as i can see flipkart has mentioned one year free extended warranty. Don't be confuse by other models, it's best laptop for its price just go with it. Cheers! :)

Thanks, one more query. As I only need laptop for basic browsing(20+ tabs), pdf reading, NO gaming, shall I go for Samsung NP300E5X-A03IN Samsung NP300E5X-A03IN Laptop (2nd Gen PDC/ 2GB/ 500 GB/ DOS): Flipkart.com: Compare, Review Samsung Notebook

Listing does not say antiglare screen. But samsung website says it is!! 1)*www.samsungindiaestore.com/products/ProductDetails?X00O000V1764UtGkkXXX10O14Z872395030agsft5f6dhdj557jkslf3627fhd3g3gh34dsrie378037hU7hu9pppTYq6Fw8puR3WxH0VpRHwIOTBxJIIIIX987fs62h0yr9df4g380ty0tt32r45en674Oty00ui0

2)NP300E5X-A03IN - OVERVIEW | SAMSUNG India

rider

as Kratos
Thanks, one more query. As I only need laptop for basic browsing(20+ tabs), pdf reading, NO gaming, shall I go for Samsung NP300E5X-A03IN Samsung NP300E5X-A03IN Laptop (2nd Gen PDC/ 2GB/ 500 GB/ DOS): Flipkart.com: Compare, Review Samsung Notebook

Listing does not say antiglare screen. But samsung website says it is!! 1)*www.samsungindiaestore.com/products/ProductDetails?X00O000V1764UtGkkXXX10O14Z872395030agsft5f6dhdj557jkslf3627fhd3g3gh34dsrie378037hU7hu9pppTYq6Fw8puR3WxH0VpRHwIOTBxJIIIIX987fs62h0yr9df4g380ty0tt32r45en674Oty00ui0

2)NP300E5X-A03IN - OVERVIEW | SAMSUNG India

Yes, bro it has anti-glare screen why you people so much take serious about specs in shopping sites, the are generally wrong..! Just see the exact model number, colour or some offer from shopping sites and for the rest contact to samsung customer care and website because it's their product. :)

apdd

Broken In
Yes, bro it has anti-glare screen why you people so much take serious about specs in shopping sites, the are generally wrong..! Just see the exact model number, colour or some offer from shopping sites and for the rest contact to samsung customer care and website because it's their product. :)

Finally decided to go for NP300E5X-A04IN (2nd Gen Ci3-2370M) but it went Out of Stock in Flikpart.
I am little nervous about shopping with infibeam. do you have any experience with them?
Local Samsung dealers are pricing it @30K!!

OR
Shall I go for Samsung NP300E5Z-A0UIN(2nd Gen Ci3-2350M) @27K???
Difference
2370M vs 2350M
HH77 vs HM65 chipset
upto 3 Hrs vs upto 6 Hrs battery backup

*www.flipkart.com/samsung-np300e5z-a0uin-laptop-2nd-gen-ci3-2gb-500gb-dos/p/itmd9vxja74fch8f?pid=COMD9VVXU9UFJ5GY

Last edited:

rider

as Kratos
Finally decided to go for NP300E5X-A04IN (2nd Gen Ci3-2370M) but it went Out of Stock in Flikpart.
I am little nervous about shopping with infibeam. do you have any experience with them?
Local Samsung dealers are pricing it @30K!!

OR
Shall I go for Samsung NP300E5Z-A0UIN(2nd Gen Ci3-2350M) @27K???
Difference
2370M vs 2350M
HH77 vs HM65 chipset
upto 3 Hrs vs upto 6 Hrs battery backup

Samsung NP300E5Z-A0UIN Laptop (2nd Gen Ci3/ 2GB/ 500GB/ DOS): Flipkart.com: Compare, Review Samsung Notebook
As i mentioned above shopping sites' specs are generally wrong. Both laptops would be having about 5 hours of battery life. I would suggest you buy core-i3 2370M model with H77 chipset because it is newer. And for purchasing I suggest to you to buy from infibeam.com. They are very reliable and offer you cash on delivery. Believe it or not they are more reliable than flipkart. I had a very bad experience with flipkart about purchasing my laptop as there was no cash of delivery above 50k product.

Chirag_123

Broken In
Confused between dese 2 laptops..!

Flipkart.com: Online Store

Please tell me d main diff in both of these laptops...Hp was giving additional warranty few days ago.. Is the offer over now..?

rider

as Kratos
Confused between dese 2 laptops..!

Please tell me d main diff in both of these laptops...Hp was giving additional warranty few days ago.. Is the offer over now..?

Buy HP Pavilion G6-2016TX Laptop Price in India, HP Pavilion G6-2016TX Laptop Laptop Reviews - Infibeam.com It will cost you 39.6k rupees with 5% flat discount at the time of payment by using coupon GREEN2012. You can get further more upto 5% discount as cash vouchers by sending some junk old camera or phone in any condition.

You are too late! hp india offer of 2 years warranty is ended now, but you can get a Nikon COOLPIX 16MP Camera worth Rs 6,950/- by paying Rs.2499/- only.

Chirag_123

Broken In
Buy HP Pavilion G6-2016TX Laptop Price in India, HP Pavilion G6-2016TX Laptop Laptop Reviews - Infibeam.com It will cost you 39.6k rupees with 5% flat discount at the time of payment by using coupon GREEN2012. You can get further more upto 5% discount as cash vouchers by sending some junk old camera or phone in any condition.

You are too late! hp india offer of 2 years warranty is ended now, but you can get a Nikon COOLPIX 16MP Camera worth Rs 6,950/- by paying Rs.2499/- only.

Thanks...Btw difference between the above 2 laptops..? Is there any diff. in gaming performance..?

Thanks...Btw difference between the above 2 laptops..? Is there any diff. in gaming performance..?

rider

as Kratos

No, it will be same. Don't fall in marketing strategy.

apdd

Broken In
As i mentioned above shopping sites' specs are generally wrong. Both laptops would be having about 5 hours of battery life. I would suggest you buy core-i3 2370M model with H77 chipset because it is newer. And for purchasing I suggest to you to buy from infibeam.com. They are very reliable and offer you cash on delivery. Believe it or not they are more reliable than flipkart. I had a very bad experience with flipkart about purchasing my laptop as there was no cash of delivery above 50k product.

Infibeam do not provide COD for your suggested model. Rest models have it :cry: I Requested them to add COD for it.

vineeth aredath

Right off the assembly line
Hi all, am Planning to Purchase the Samsung series 5 np550 p5c s02in and need your valuable inputs.

OK so here goes my needs and i think this machine can handle them easily
-Occasional gaming (mostly nfs series)
-Raw file processing especially batch processing, here am expecting a better processing speed.

Ok so now the most concerned part, the warranty. Though am purchasing it from India, may not be using it here so need some insight on international warranty, somewhere i saw the international warranty sticker on the lap but in flipkart its mentioned as domestics warranty so someone please clarify me.

second thing is the heating and throttling issue, i know that the latest models after the bios update is free from such issues so would like to know the further details like any version number or manufacturing date etc of the latest models.

as the item is out of stock in flipkart and few other websites, am planing to get it from a local dealer(62k is what he's quoting ) so it would be very helpfull if someone update me with the specific version which i have to look for.

thanks

pausebreak

Broken In
Hi friends,
Please suggest a good laptop for my requirement. I plan to purchase 2 laptops (For my friend too) of same requirement within this week.

1) What is your budget? (INR or USD)
30 - 40k

2) What size & weight consideration (if any) would you prefer?

Mainstream; 15" - 16" screen

3) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?

Nothing specific.

4) What are the primary tasks will you be performing with this notebook?
Eclipse, Linux & Android Programming , Watching movies. I rarely play games.

5) Anything else you would like to say? (eg: local purchase, ASS,matte/glossy finish)
My other major requirements are

1) Good battery life
2) Less heat generation - I have heard many people complaining of mother board issue in HP because of more heat generation

I have a desktop at home and hence I will use the laptop mostly during travel [3 to 4 times in month]

Please help me choose the best laptop.

Thanks

rider

as Kratos
Hi friends,
Please suggest a good laptop for my requirement. I plan to purchase 2 laptops (For my friend too) of same requirement within this week.

1) What is your budget? (INR or USD)
30 - 40k

2) What size & weight consideration (if any) would you prefer?

Mainstream; 15" - 16" screen

3) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?

Nothing specific.

4) What are the primary tasks will you be performing with this notebook?
Eclipse, Linux & Android Programming , Watching movies. I rarely play games.

5) Anything else you would like to say? (eg: local purchase, ASS,matte/glossy finish)
My other major requirements are

1) Good battery life
2) Less heat generation - I have heard many people complaining of mother board issue in HP because of more heat generation

I have a desktop at home and hence I will use the laptop mostly during travel [3 to 4 times in month]

Please help me choose the best laptop.

Thanks

There is no heating issues in hp laptops nowadays it was use to be couple of years ago, now they developed a tech called coolsense that helps to maintain laptop's temperature .Buy HP Pavilion G6-2016TX Laptop Price in India, HP Pavilion G6-2016TX Laptop Laptop Reviews - Infibeam.com It will cost you 39.6k rupees with 5% flat discount at the time of payment by using coupon GREEN2012. You can get further more upto 5% discount as cash vouchers by sending some junk old camera or phone in any condition.

Chirag_123

Broken In
I went to a HP outlet today to take the demo of 2016tx.The laptop seems VFM.I didnt see any cons in the model for its price.They are selling it for 42.5k with free genuine Hp mouse,headset and bagpack...is this a good deal..? I dont want to buy d laptop online..

Forgot to mention that i went to a Reliance digital store also and dey r selling it for around 43k with some 10-12 sht quality accessories.I dont know bout local dealers.

rider

as Kratos
I went to a HP outlet today to take the demo of 2016tx.The laptop seems VFM.I didnt see any cons in the model for its price.They are selling it for 42.5k with free genuine Hp mouse,headset and bagpack...is this a good deal..? I dont want to buy d laptop online..

Forgot to mention that i went to a Reliance digital store also and dey r selling it for around 43k with some 10-12 sht quality accessories.I dont know bout local dealers.

Buy it from hp world ask for more accessories like 16 GB pendrive. I bought my laptop from distributor.

pausebreak

Broken In
There is no heating issues in hp laptops nowadays it was use to be couple of years ago, now they developed a tech called coolsense that helps to maintain laptop's temperature .Buy HP Pavilion G6-2016TX Laptop Price in India, HP Pavilion G6-2016TX Laptop Laptop Reviews - Infibeam.com It will cost you 39.6k rupees with 5% flat discount at the time of payment by using coupon GREEN2012. You can get further more upto 5% discount as cash vouchers by sending some junk old camera or phone in any condition. .

Rider, Thanks for your suggestion.

There is another thread with the similar requirement

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/laptops-netbooks/165239-suggest-laptop-under-30-35k.html

and suggestions have been to go with Lenova

Lenovo Essential G580 (59-324061) Laptop (3rd Gen Ci5/ 4GB/ 500GB/ DOS): Flipkart.com: Compare, Review Lenovo Notebook

Which one is better?

Thanks

rider

as Kratos
Rider, Thanks for your suggestion.

There is another thread with the similar requirement

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/laptops-netbooks/165239-suggest-laptop-under-30-35k.html

and suggestions have been to go with Lenova

Lenovo Essential G580 (59-324061) Laptop (3rd Gen Ci5/ 4GB/ 500GB/ DOS): Flipkart.com: Compare, Review Lenovo Notebook

Which one is better?

Thanks

hp model is far more superior than that as it has dedicated GPU HD 7670M, comes with in-built windows 7 that can be upgradable to windows 8 pro for 699 after registration on microsoft's website, weighs less just 2.47 kg, better cooling because of hp cool sense technology and much reliable brand with onsite after sales service that is outstanding for my laptop too.

pausebreak

Broken In
hp model is far more superior than that as it has dedicated GPU HD 7670M, comes with in-built windows 7 that can be upgradable to windows 8 pro for 699 after registration on microsoft's website, weighs less just 2.47 kg, better cooling because of hp cool sense technology and much reliable brand with onsite after sales service that is outstanding for my laptop too.

Thanks Rider. Further, as I mentioned in my post, my main purpose is Linux programming and compilation which may run for hours. I will be using Ubuntu and hence I am not too worried about windows which I may not have at all. So, Linux / dual boot, performance, battery back up & heat are my major concerns.

Is the HP (2016tx) model best suits my above requirement compared to the other brands [ Dell, lenova, samsung] in the price range 30 - 40k.

Top Bottom