All laptop related queries here!!!

rider

as Kratos
Check this HP laptop on this link. don't worry...Infibeam is also a trusted online shopping site. and apply this coupon code GREEN2012 while proceeding to pay the amount...you will get Rs 2000 discount...so the total amount is Rs 39,662.

excellent laptop in your range and can play games in mid to high settings...just increase your budget by 2K.

but wat is your say about the above two i asked for
better to avoid above laptops you mentioned cause you will not get dedicated GPU and windows 7 (upgrade able to windows 8 for 699 rupees). Your budget is good enough for G6 2016TX just spend 1622 rupees more.

himanshubias

Broken In
Re: All laptop related queries here!!!
Need a laptop round 45k

Your budget is low for HD 7730 or GT 640M GPU's laptop. For dell inspiron 14/15R Turbo (SE) you have increase your budget 7-8k more.
If your budget is fixed better to buy HP Pavilion G6-2016TX Laptop Price in India, HP Pavilion G6-2016TX Laptop Laptop Reviews - Infibeam.com . It has HD 7670M which will run FIFA 13 is high settings smoothly. It costs 45k in market but infibeam is giving 12% discount. From hp india you will get free 2 years onsite warranty with one year accidental cover and hp backpack.
i am asking the one for my friend , i got a dell 15rr se i7 one and my other frnd was confused with 640 or 7730 .thats why i asked for it

rider

as Kratos
Need a laptop round 45k

i am asking the one for my friend , i got a dell 15rr se i7 one and my other frnd was confused with 640 or 7730 .thats why i asked for it

The performance of GT 640M and HD 7730 is almost same. I would suggest your friend to buy 15.6" laptop because it is mainstream and provide him better gaming experience.

himanshubias

Broken In
Need a laptop round 45k

The performance of GT 640M and HD 7730 is almost same. I would suggest your friend to buy 15.6" laptop because it is mainstream and provide him better gaming experience.
can you also tell the best ram for 15r se for upgrading

tspshikari

Right off the assembly line
Re: All laptop related queries here!!! Graphics card or not!!!

hi,

I want to buy a laptop, the problem is , iam confused whether to have graphics card or not.
Since the price difference is only 1K, its complicating more..

here are my views regarding pro and cons of having a graphics card:

PRO:
1. Better gaming and graphics.
2. More CPU and RAM for other process.
3. Increased the usable life of laptop (laptop becoming outdated)

CONS:
1. Iam not much of a gamer.
2. Consume more battery

If iam wrong in any of my views please correct and suggest me what to do??

Thanks in advance.. :)

sachin99

Broken In
Hi friends..

I want to buy Asus K53SD laptop(i3-2nd gen, 500gb hd, 4gb ram, 2gb gpu).. In flipkart K53SD-SX809D model is listed.. But its out of stock.. So I called up a asus dealer in here he is sayin that SX809D is not available but SX128D is in stock.. The same model 128D is listed in local untrusted sites like naaptol etc.. I am kinda worried that it may be a local refurbished model:( Please help me out.. Whats d difference between SX128D and SX809D ..? Is it a good deal to buy SX128D at 32900INR..??

Thanks..

rider

as Kratos
Hi friends..

I want to buy Asus K53SD laptop(i3-2nd gen, 500gb hd, 4gb ram, 2gb gpu).. In flipkart K53SD-SX809D model is listed.. But its out of stock.. So I called up a asus dealer in here he is sayin that SX809D is not available but SX128D is in stock.. The same model 128D is listed in local untrusted sites like naaptol etc.. I am kinda worried that it may be a local refurbished model:( Please help me out.. Whats d difference between SX128D and SX809D ..? Is it a good deal to buy SX128D at 32900INR..??

Thanks..

Why you are purchasing an old model if you can get a new 3rd gen ivy bridge processor laptop at the same price.
Buy *www.infibeam.com/Laptop/i-HP-2000-2125TU-i3-Laptop/P-CA-L-HP-2000-2125TU.html?id=Black it comes with 2 years onsite warranty. Use coupon GREEN2012 for upto 10% discount.

hi,

I want to buy a laptop, the problem is , iam confused whether to have graphics card or not.
Since the price difference is only 1K, its complicating more..

here are my views regarding pro and cons of having a graphics card:

PRO:
1. Better gaming and graphics.
2. More CPU and RAM for other process.
3. Increased the usable life of laptop (laptop becoming outdated)

CONS:
1. Iam not much of a gamer.
2. Consume more battery

If iam wrong in any of my views please correct and suggest me what to do??

Thanks in advance.. :)

You forget to mention the model name and price :mrgreen: And dedicated graphic cards comes with switchable graphics so no need worry about more battery consumption.
Tell me your budget I will help you to choose best laptop for you. :)

Last edited:

sachin99

Broken In
@rider Thanks for such a quick reply..actually its for my friend.. Coz of some reasons he doesnt want hp models.. So he finalised on this one.. Can you please tell me is there any difference between SX128D and SX809D?

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
@rider Thanks for such a quick reply..actually its for my friend.. Coz of some reasons he doesnt want hp models.. So he finalised on this one.. Can you please tell me is there any difference between SX128D and SX809D?

SX128D comes with Windows 7, SX809D without any OS. BTW show your friend this link Nvidia GT610 and ask him to count how many games can be played at mid-high (green/30+ FPS marks playable) on GT610. Then show him these 2 links: Intel HD4000 & Radeon HD 7670Ml. Actually number of unplayable game in GT610 will be lot more than the link shows as there are 2 type of 610 and Asus still uses the old one.

will my warranty goes void if i upgrade it n plz suggest a model
thanks

no. upgrading ram, HDD won't void warranty unless you break something while upgrading.

tspshikari

Why you are purchasing an old model if you can get a new 3rd gen ivy bridge processor laptop at the same price.
Buy HP 2000-2125TU Laptop Price in India, HP 2000-2125TU Laptop Laptop Reviews - Infibeam.com it comes with 2 years onsite warranty. Use coupon GREEN2012 for upto 10% discount.

You forget to mention the model name and price :mrgreen: And dedicated graphic cards comes with switchable graphics so no need worry about more battery consumption.
Tell me your budget I will help you to choose best laptop for you. :)

Hi,

My budget is around 35-41K and i want a 14'' screen size
I have shortlisted the following dell laptops in the given link:

Dell Laptops and Ultrabook

rider

as Kratos
Hi,

My budget is around 35-41K and i want a 14'' screen size
I have shortlisted the following dell laptops in the given link:

Dell Laptops and Ultrabook

As you mentioned you don't like to do gaming so the best laptop for you would be ThinkPad E430 (3254-T3Q) powered by new 3rd gen core-i5 processor, 14" LED backlit screen and weighs just 2.15 kg. It is available for 40k on flipkart and locally it would be 1-2k less.

Last edited:

Skyh3ck

Cyborg Agent
How is fujistu lh 531 laptops with 2nd gen i3 500gb hdd at 25k only... in many international site the user comment are good

rider

as Kratos
How is fujistu lh 531 laptops with 2nd gen i3 500gb hdd at 25k only... in many international site the user comment are good

BIG NO! Get Samsung NP300E5X Laptop Price in India, Samsung NP300E5X Laptop Laptop Reviews - Infibeam.com It is costing just 27k with 5% flat discount at the time of payment by using coupon GREEN2012.
You can get further more upto 5% discount as cash vouchers by sending some junk old camera or phone in any condition.

mother of lappy.. Fujistu makes lappy

:lol: This japanese company is in huge loss and making poor laptops at the low price. God knows how many days their it will work.

NGK

Hi guys,
After much contemplation, I have bought the ASUS X54E-SX1556D (Snow White) for my Father and Samsung NP550P5C-S01IN (Silver) laptop for my Gaming friend already. Thanks very much for your help. I have sold my old VAIO Laptop, and am confused:-? between what laptop to buy now, wait for later, buy from abroad etc for my use. Its ironic that I helped many to buy there laptops but am confused when it comes to my own. That's what you guys are for right? Here goes

1) What is your budget?
- Rs.35-45k INR (flexible:wink:)

2) What size & weight consideration (if any) would you prefer?
- Mainstream; 15" - 16" screen, less than 3KG

3) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
- Like: HP, LENOVO, SAMSUNG, DELL
- Dislike: ACER, TOSHIBA, FIJITSU, HCL:twisted:

4) What are the primary tasks will you be performing with this notebook?
- Non-shared Environment, Single user, Applied for Browsing Internet(Very Heavy usage 200+ Tabs in Firefox, Monthly 70K+ Downloads in DTA and 70GB+ Downloads in FDM from FTPs), Watching Anime and Movies(Long Extended Editions and Foreign Films with subs) , Playing RPGs(ES:Skyrim, Dark Souls, Dishonored anyone?), and Reading E-books (20k and counting). 70% USE on Tabletop (good screen brightness for indoors) and very little mobile use (<8Hours per week on battery).

5) What screen resolution(s) & type (glossy/matte) would you prefer?
- I heard that SAMMY Laptops have excellent anti-reflective coatings (matte finish).
- Loved the Full HD panels in Lenovo x220 and VAIOs. I need at 1366x768 and upwards.(Ready to switch LED panels with my brother's VAIO if needed)

6) Anything else you would like to say? (eg: local purchase, ASS,matte/glossy finish)
- Currently using a Customized Sony VAIO Laptop(brother's) from USA
(2010 June, VPC EB290X (Black) VPCEB190XCTOBLACK.jpg, 15.6",i5 2.4Ghz, Ati 5470 1GB DDR3, 8GB 1.6Ghz DDR3, 320GB 7.2K RPM, 3xUSB 2.0, 1xUSB 2.0/E-SATA, 2xUSB 3.0 via Express-card Adapter)
which has excellent keyboard and Screen (Sony Japan Made I guess).
Hence the new Laptop must offer better or comparable feel, or else it will feel like a downgrade rather than an upgrade.
- Screen quality (with good opening angle) and keyboard comfort (island design, spacious) is essential .
- Good quality speakers are a plus (but I;m not a fan of brand names like Beats,JBL etc.).
- Laptop must have at least 3 USB ports (also includes a charging function) and one E-SATA or 3.0 Port.
- Must be sturdy, have angled power cable) and preferably with good software bundle.
- Dislike newer Acer and Toshiba models with a vengeance.
- Expansion via Express-Card 2.0 and support for 16GB RAM are a Huge Plus.
- I will get huge discounts for local purchase compared to online (5-7k difference inc some cases)
- I'm never tied down by what low end CPU or RAM the laptop has initially, since I almost always upgrade my laptop CPUs and RAM to max post purchase.
- I also have option to buy from Kuwait, UK or US (via relatives settled there) where more models like the Trinity based Laptops from other manufacturers can be bought at throwaway prices.
- I have a bit of history with the HP Pavilion G6-2005AX, having made many(36 till date) proud owners(who had budgets from 25 to 45K) with my very own awareness campaign.
I hear from them that the G6 Boy plays the following Games (As a reason for me to buy it):
a. Crysis 2 (High Quality)
b. DiRT 3 (High Quality)
c. Ghost Recon Future Soldier (Low Quality - not entirely smooth)
d. Max Payne 3 (Medium Quality)
e. Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 (Medium Quality)
f. Need for Speed - The Run (Low Quality)
g. Alan Wake (Medium Quality)
h. Splinter Cell Conviction (Medium/High Quality)
but the thing is: I'm never gonna play them, not now, not later not ever!

7) Currently looking at?

- Toshiba-Satellite-S855D
- HP-Pavilion-m6-1050sg
- Samsung NP550P5C-S01IN but I'm having second thoughts after seeing :shock:this:shock:
- HP Pavilion G6-2005AX
If I book my purchase on 22nd, I will get the legendary HP Pavilion G6-2005AX Laptop for a measly 29K with 2year warranty and HP Sports backpack. With the rest of the cash, I can buy a 1TB WD 2.5" External HDD, but still the SAMMY laptop has 1TB HDD inbuilt.........

Please help me out with this situation.........:-(

rider

as Kratos
@NGK bro I would suggest you to avoid toshiba laptops because nobody buys them god knows how will be the after sales. Hp pavilion M6 is a great laptop, it has outstanding battery life of upto 7 hours HD7670M will make you play RPGs in high settings but will cost around 52.5k from infibeam and samsung laptop is great for its price but there is as you mention you will not do high end gaming ever. Some people told that it is not good for long time intense use. Storing data in external HDD is considered safer than in HDD of PC.
As far as you priority is concerned you should buy ThinkPad E530 or hp probook HP ProBook 4540 (model with HD 7670M) laptop from abroad which is perfect for your hardcore usage and are durable too.

Last edited:
Top Bottom