All laptop related queries here!!!

karkeo

Broken In
Hey guys
Iam planning to buy a good Gaming laptop in the coming month and Any suggestions would be appreciated .ma budget is around 50k to 60k,

it should be able to play BF3,GTA4,Dark siders,COD etc basically high end games at goood fps.
so iwas looking for laptops with gt 640 and above but found well .......nothin guud except

Samsung series 5 550p -Which btw iwas sure of buying:-D until i learned about its extreme overheating problems and a you tube video supportin it.:evil:

DEll 15r SE-but the gpu 7730 was not that satisfactory to me

Dell 17r SE- Everythin good gpu gt 650 ok-then PRICE 70K :shock: (ok bye) back lit keyboiard was good though.

Then hp dv6 series with 630m but gpu seem less powerful.the back lit hp logo was GUUUDDD.

Still searching I hate that no company offer Complete laptop customisation.

SO guys any thought or wat 1 month then post again

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
So should i take i5 one ?

Heard of Some Throttling Issues..Heating Problems .. Are there any in i5 and i7 ?

Yes, i5.

Owners of the laptop can tell you better about the issue. :)

Hey guys
Iam planning to buy a good Gaming laptop in the coming month and Any suggestions would be appreciated .ma budget is around 50k to 60k,

it should be able to play BF3,GTA4,Dark siders,COD etc basically high end games at goood fps.
so iwas looking for laptops with gt 640 and above but found well .......nothin guud except

Samsung series 5 550p -Which btw iwas sure of buying:-D until i learned about its extreme overheating problems and a you tube video supportin it.:evil:

DEll 15r SE-but the gpu 7730 was not that satisfactory to me

Dell 17r SE- Everythin good gpu gt 650 ok-then PRICE 70K :shock: (ok bye) back lit keyboiard was good though.

Then hp dv6 series with 630m but gpu seem less powerful.the back lit hp logo was GUUUDDD.

Still searching I hate that no company offer Complete laptop customisation.

SO guys any thought or wat 1 month then post again

1) Still best choice out there.

2) Opt for it if you want peace of mind, and 7730M is not that bad. Its still much above average GPUs.

3) 17" = PITA

4) 630M = obsolete

karkeo

Broken In
1) Still best choice out there.

2) Opt for it if you want peace of mind, and 7730M is not that bad. Its still much above average GPUs.

3) 17" = PITA

4) 630M = obsolete[/QUOTE]

I came to know 7730 can play the games releasin now but may be in the next few months it may not support it,its most likely to become obsolete too.:|

i like 17r coz of its screen size like a desktop replacement more the size better gaming experience i think!!!:oops:

left the third choice 630m.:p

Any suggestions for another model if i can squeeze upto 62k or 63 maybe.

Or should i wait it out.:-x

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
I came to know 7730 can play the games releasin now but may be in the next few months it may not support it,its most likely to become obsolete too.:|

i like 17r coz of its screen size like a desktop replacement more the size better gaming experience i think!!!:oops:

left the third choice 630m.:p

Any suggestions for another model if i can squeeze upto 62k or 63 maybe.

Or should i wait it out.:-x

1) That depends upon how "much" you're satisfied as a gamer. Some can't compromise 1080p + 4xAA + 4xAF. But that isn't practical at least in a "mainstream" laptop. If you want to buy now, 650M is best (bar issues), followed by 7730 (not much behind 650M). But the way you're projecting things, everything will turn obsolete after some time. That is called technology, and change is inevitable. So accept it. :)
It takes much of headbanging + confusion to finalise a decision which is VFM and as per your needs without compromising much.

2) I won't say anything on it as its totally personal orientation and I can never go for a 17" as it defeats the purpose (portability)of a laptop IMHO.

3) No better suggestions regardless your budget until 70k. Don't play wait & watch game or you'll just be pissed off and get irritated :p

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
its same as getting any other stuff online. Also most laptops will be packed again over their default cover so there is almost no chance of things getting loose if thats what you are concerned about.

aryan.838

Broken In
Hey guys my friend wants to buy a laptop so please help me out...

1) What is your budget? (INR or USD) upto 53k INR

2) What size & weight consideration (if any) would you prefer?
Mainstream; 15" - 16" screen

3) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
a. Like: HP, Samsung
b. Dislike:

4) What are the primary tasks will you be performing with this notebook?
Gaming

5) What screen resolution(s) & type (glossy/matte) would you prefer?
highest resolution possible.....matte finish

6) Anything else you would like to say?
It should look good. It shouldn't heat a lot and it should be durable as I am in a engg college
Thanks

rider

as Kratos
Hey guys my friend wants to buy a laptop so please help me out...

1) What is your budget? (INR or USD) upto 53k INR

2) What size & weight consideration (if any) would you prefer?
Mainstream; 15" - 16" screen

3) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
a. Like: HP, Samsung
b. Dislike:

4) What are the primary tasks will you be performing with this notebook?
Gaming

5) What screen resolution(s) & type (glossy/matte) would you prefer?
highest resolution possible.....matte finish

6) Anything else you would like to say?
It should look good. It shouldn't heat a lot and it should be durable as I am in a engg college
Thanks

Samsung NP550P5C-S01IN with new 3rd gen core-i5 3210M 2.5 Ghz upto 3.1Ghz in turbo mode, 6GB DDR3 RAM, GT 650M 2GB, 1TB HDD.

*www.infibeam.com/Laptop/i-Samsung-Laptop-NP550P5C-S01IN/P-CA-L-Samsung-NP550P5C-S01IN.html?id=Silver

chinmaya

Journeyman
Samsung NP550P5C-S01IN with new 3rd gen core-i5 3210M 2.5 Ghz upto 3.1Ghz in turbo mode, 6GB DDR3 RAM, GT 650M 2GB, 1TB HDD.

Samsung NP550P5C Laptop Price in India, Samsung NP550P5C Laptop Laptop Reviews - Infibeam.com

This one heats a lot while playing.

Scarface

Broken In
Hi guys wanted to ask if it is okay to use the laptop while charging the battery from say 30-35% or i should charge the battery and use the machine

Chirag_123

Broken In
I am going to buy a laptop next month..my budget is 40k.I am thinking to go with the Asus K53SM-SX010D..I am not really a heavy gamer,i will just be going to run games like FIFA 12,COD Black ops,NFS run,GTA IV,etc. Will this laptop satisfy my needs?? Its available on flipkart for 40.5k can i get it at lower price in my local market..? There is another laptop Asus K53SD with almost same specs and graphic card the main diff. b/w them is i3 and i5 processors and 500 and 750gb hard drive.. Which laptop will be more vfm according to my needs..??

I am new to this forum btw :p

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
Hi guys wanted to ask if it is okay to use the laptop while charging the battery from say 30-35% or i should charge the battery and use the machine

no problem at all.

I am going to buy a laptop next month..my budget is 40k.I am thinking to go with the Asus K53SM-SX010D..I am not really a heavy gamer,i will just be going to run games like FIFA 12,COD Black ops,NFS run,GTA IV,etc. Will this laptop satisfy my needs?? Its available on flipkart for 40.5k can i get it at lower price in my local market..? There is another laptop Asus K53SD with almost same specs and graphic card the main diff. b/w them is i3 and i5 processors and 500 and 750gb hard drive.. Which laptop will be more vfm according to my needs..??

I am new to this forum btw :p

630M is obsolete now, opt for 7670M.

Chirag_123

Broken In
Is this the best laptop under this price range..? Its available in my local market for around 39k.My budget is 40k.. Are there any other laptops better than dis 1 under this price range..?Suggest pls..! :)
I know this is not the latest graphic card but i have watched vids on utube of performance of this card and i think it will satisfy my needs..

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
performance wise there is not much difference between GT630 and HD7670M still as price difference usually is just 1k, better to grab the faster GPU. check if you can find this locally: HP Pavilion G6-2006TX. HP has replaced all 2nd gen core i5 laptops at this range with 3rd gen i3 and 2GB bearing 7670Ms.

Chirag_123

Broken In
I think you have given the wrong link .. Flipkart says the item is permanently discontinued?? Are you talking bout this one ?? HP Pavilion G6-2103TU Laptop (3rd Gen Ci5/ 4GB/ 500GB/ Win7 HB): Flipkart.com: Compare, Review HP Notebook

Asus has xtra 250gb hdd+Number pad.. You still think i should go with this one..?

trailblazer1729

Right off the assembly line
Hi,

I was checking these laptops.
Hp Envy4 sleekbook 1025tx which has i5-3317U, 3rd gen, 1.7 Ghz to 2.5Ghz(on turbo boost)
Lenovo Z580--i5 3210M,3rd gen 2.4ghz to 3.1 ghz..
Hp pavilion G6--i5 3210M

I am very much interested in buying hp envy4 becoz of its luk and sleekbook, but was worried abt the clock speed which is just 1.7ghz...how bad will this affect...either running simulation software like ADS or while gaming
I need reviews abt Hp pavilion g6 or Lenovo Z580.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
I think you have given the wrong link .. Flipkart says the item is permanently discontinued?? Are you talking bout this one ?? HP Pavilion G6-2103TU Laptop (3rd Gen Ci5/ 4GB/ 500GB/ Win7 HB): Flipkart.com: Compare, Review HP Notebook

Asus has xtra 250gb hdd+Number pad.. You still think i should go with this one..?

FK says discontinued doesn't mean it is no longer available. With the HP you get 2 key benefits: Windows 7 & free 2nd year warranty. And maybe USB 3.0 too, need to check.

Top Bottom