All laptop related queries here!!!

I recently purchased HP Laptop (G6 2103TU). I am planning to reinstall the OS (Windows 7 Ultimate x64 upgraded from Windows 7 Basic x64 through Anytime upgrade). I have 2 questions. If i create recovery disks before reinstalling, which OS is backed up.? Also after reinstall, if i simply reinstall HP support assistant, will it automatically show my product number and serial number along with other details such as warranty. I assume HP preloaded all these info into HP support assistant software while factory installing OS and reinstalling the OS needs me to do some work. Is it like that.?

far

Keep Going!
@ rider... you mean the shirnk volume option in EASEUS. When I select it shows Unallocated before and after space after the drive that will be shrinked... Do I need to give some unallocated pace there so that I can merge partition if required later on ?.

rider

as Kratos
@ rider... you mean the shirnk volume option in EASEUS. When I select it shows Unallocated before and after space after the drive that will be shrinked... Do I need to give some unallocated pace there so that I can merge partition if required later on ?.

Read this manual:
How To Resize Your Partitions with EASEUS Partition Manager

I recently purchased HP Laptop (G6 2103TU). I am planning to reinstall the OS (Windows 7 Ultimate x64 upgraded from Windows 7 Basic x64 through Anytime upgrade). I have 2 questions. If i create recovery disks before reinstalling, which OS is backed up.? Also after reinstall, if i simply reinstall HP support assistant, will it automatically show my product number and serial number along with other details such as warranty. I assume HP preloaded all these info into HP support assistant software while factory installing OS and reinstalling the OS needs me to do some work. Is it like that.?
Any thoughts into this.?

sarthak

In the zone
Any thoughts into this.?

Recovery disks get your laptop back to factory settings, that is exactly the way it was when you first used it. Also the product and serial numbers are stored on the motherboard, not preloaded in the software, so it would show them. Don't know about it showing warranty status.

jacklupino

Right off the assembly line
Does the concept of discharging your laptop battery completely and then recharging it every 2 months actually increase it's life...

chinmaya

Journeyman
does the dell inspiron 15R (with graphic card) have similar problems faced by special edition users?

I mean problems with switchable graphics and all?

any other viable replacement for dell 15r se? (except samsung np 550)

or should i get the same model again?

rider

as Kratos
Which graphic card you are talking about?
Radeon graphics in dell is having this switching issue, switching of radeon works fine in my hp pavilion dv6

vikrraal

Broken In
"hi everyone,
i want to buy a laptop with good gaming performance in 50-55k range...
medium setting for gaming is ok for me.
after many days surfing i short listed 2 laptop...
plz help me choose between them or suggest a different one in the same price range!!!!!

1.HP Pavilion DV6 7011TX
2.Samsung NP550P5C-S01IN

i was going to buy the samsung laptop but read reviews about heating of it....so i am confused now.:-(:confused:
plz help me choosing laptop

i want 2 use the laptop for atleast 2-3years...and the main purpose is gaming
also suggest me a good cooling pad"

terrafield

Broken In
Is Asus N56VM not available in India? When I check with Asus they say that its not yet launched but all websites says this model is launched

rider

as Kratos
"hi everyone,
i want to buy a laptop with good gaming performance in 50-55k range...
medium setting for gaming is ok for me.
after many days surfing i short listed 2 laptop...
plz help me choose between them or suggest a different one in the same price range!!!!!

1.HP Pavilion DV6 7011TX
2.Samsung NP550P5C-S01IN

i was going to buy the samsung laptop but read reviews about heating of it....so i am confused now.:-(:confused:
plz help me choosing laptop

i want 2 use the laptop for atleast 2-3years...and the main purpose is gaming
also suggest me a good cooling pad"

There is heating issue in some defected laptops not in all, and if does it your laptop you can simply ask for replacement under a month.

Is Asus N56VM not available in India? When I check with Asus they say that its not yet launched but all websites says this model is launched

what's cool about the laptop? It has poor GT 630M :? BTW what's your budget?

terrafield

Broken In
There is heating issue in some defected laptops not in all, and if does it your laptop you can simply ask for replacement under a month.

what's cool about the laptop? It has poor GT 630M :? BTW what's your budget?

I just read a review about N56VM in notebookcheck and I can see that PCMark 7 is around 3600 whereas Samsung NP550P5C which has same configuration except HDD (N56VM has 7200 RPM HDD) is below 3000

I'm looking for a laptop around 70 to 80 range but my main wishlist is Reliability and Performance in normal usage (browsing, office applications, watch hd movies). Absolutely no gaming.

rider

as Kratos
I just read a review about N56VM in notebookcheck and I can see that PCMark 7 is around 3600 whereas Samsung NP550P5C which has same configuration except HDD (N56VM has 7200 RPM HDD) is below 3000

I'm looking for a laptop around 70 to 80 range but my main wishlist is Reliability and Performance in normal usage (browsing, office applications, watch hd movies). Absolutely no gaming.

For that much budget you should buy sony vaio 1080p IPS LED laptop, it has the best screen after macbook's retina display.

rider

as Kratos
I guess you are referring to Vaio S15. This model has slow hard drive (5400 rpm) but Asus N56VM has 7200rpm hard drive.

hahaha, there is no difference in 5400rpm and 7200rpm in real life both are almost same, though 7200rpm will produce more sound. Believe me I used both type of HDD you will hardly differentiate between them in performance. For the fast performance you should plug SSD for the operating system. And after sales and service wise sony is far better than small selling brands like asus.

terrafield

Broken In
hahaha, there is no difference in 5400rpm and 7200rpm in real life both are almost same, though 7200rpm will produce more sound. Believe me I used both type of HDD you will hardly differentiate between them in performance. For the fast performance you should plug SSD for the operating system. And after sales and service wise sony is far better than small selling brands like asus.

Thanks for your info, Even I was thinking that there won't be any difference but after looking at PCMark 7 scores between Samsung NP550P5C and Asus N56VM (both having same configuration except HDD) I can see difference Samsung scores around 2800 and Asus scores around 3600. I don't understand how both similar configuration machines have different PCMark scores. The only difference is HDD speed. Thats why I asked this question

If you are telling there is no difference between 5400 RPM and 7200 RPM then I have to agree with you without second thought

rider

as Kratos
Thanks for your info, Even I was thinking that there won't be any difference but after looking at PCMark 7 scores between Samsung NP550P5C and Asus N56VM (both having same configuration except HDD) I can see difference Samsung scores around 2800 and Asus scores around 3600. I don't understand how both similar configuration machines have different PCMark scores. The only difference is HDD speed. Thats why I asked this question

If you are telling there is no difference between 5400 RPM and 7200 RPM then I have to agree with you without second thought

see, man you forgot one thing that made the difference in scores, the motherboard.

rider

as Kratos
Yes. Motherboard makes difference but I thought both may have similar motherboard may be slight difference

no you didn't get what i'm saying chipset model may be same but the asus laptop motherboard made by asus itself and samsung has samsung motherboard (not sure) that may make a difference in terms of performance. In my opinion go to sony centre and take the demo of sony vaio.

Top Bottom