All laptop related queries here!!!

Cilus

laborare est orare
Muh, I don't know you know the fact or not; the build quality of the Thoshiba Laptops have been deteriorated very much. They had taken thousands of laptops back from Asian market due to faulty design causing high heating issues. Even recent reviews are complaining about the build quality.

My pick is Asus K Series X53SC-SX224D @ 34.6K. It has the same Core i5 processor but also armed with 1GB GT 520M Gfx card and USB 3.0 port. The build quality is also very impressive as the whole body is built of Brushed Aluminum, resulting very efficient thermal design. It also comes with 640GB HDD which is very good considering the current HDD price.

Mak91

Right off the assembly line
1) What is your budget? Below 50k INR

2) What size notebook would you prefer?
a. Netbook; 10” screen or less
b. Ultraportable; 11" - 12” screen
c. Thin and Light; 13" - 14" screen
d. Mainstream; 15" - 16" screen <----
e. Desktop Replacement; 17"+ screen

3) Which country will you buying this notebook? Also state that if Amazon.com or Newgg.com ships to your country (Only if you know this info).

India

4) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
a. Like: any
b. Dislike: Dell

5) What are the primary tasks will you be performing with this notebook?
Designing in Autocad, Revit, Statpro..abit of Maya...a litl games...movies

6) Will you be taking the notebook with you to different places, leaving it on your desk or both? both

7) Will you be playing games on your notebook? If so, please state which games or types of games? CS :)-P ) NFS, Skyrim...etc etc

8) How many hours of battery life do you need? 2-3 would be nice

9) Would you prefer to see the notebooks you're considering before purchasing it or buying a notebook on-line without seeing it is OK? Would prefer to see

10) What OS do you prefer? Windows (XP or Vista or Windows 7), Mac OS, Linux, etc. Win 7

Screen Specifics

11) What screen resolution(s) would you prefer? 1080p would be nice

Please help, I dont have much time. Was thinking about Hp-dv6 models..need advice!

sumansherlock

Broken In

a. Netbook; 10” screen or less
b. Ultraportable; 11" - 12” screen
c. Thin and Light; 13" - 14" screen
e. Desktop Replacement; 17"+ screen

3) Which country will you buying this notebook? Also state that if Amazon.com or Newgg.com ships to your country (Only if you know this info).

India

6) Will you be taking the notebook with you to different places, leaving it on your desk or both? both

7) Will you be playing games on your notebook? If so, please state which games or types of games? CS :)-P ) NFS, Skyrim...etc etc

9) Would you prefer to see the notebooks you're considering before purchasing it or buying a notebook on-line without seeing it is OK? Would prefer to see

10) What OS do you prefer? Windows (XP or Vista or Windows 7), Mac OS, Linux, etc. Win 7

Screen Specifics

Please help, I dont have much time. Was thinking about Hp-dv6 models..need advice!

go for this "sony vaio cb vpccb35fn" eye closed....it has all the feature that you need...especially 1080p screen...6630m is enough for the games that you have mentioned....and also take a look at dell xps 15 but it will overshoot your budget...otherwise you can go for hp dv6 6121tx considering gaming only...

VPCCB35FN : C Series : VAIO™ Laptop & Computer : Sony India

chintan786

In the zone
Hi All,

I have dell Inspiron Laptop. Today it's Battery icon is showing this message:
' consider replacing your battery"

it is 2 and half year old laptop and till today It is running on its original battery.

I checked on internet and they are showing it is WIn 7 Bug.

I don't have dell support, coz after 1 year i never bother abt it.

Thanks & Regards,

Hi All,

it is 2 and half year old laptop and till today It is running on its original battery.

Thanks & Regards,

use hwinfo to check percentage of battery wear...

Mak91

go for this "sony vaio cb vpccb35fn" eye closed....it has all the feature that you need...especially 1080p screen...6630m is enough for the games that you have mentioned....and also take a look at dell xps 15 but it will overshoot your budget...otherwise you can go for hp dv6 6121tx considering gaming only...

The vaio is good but its almost 55k...so ios the hp! :shock: Can you suggest anything within 50k...? How is the asus K53SV-SX392D-SX267D? Or the hp dv-6 6155TX? I'm not getting a USB 3.0 in the hp though. Any other model will also be appreciated except dell :oops:

Mak91

Thanks but the two models are beyond budget :shock: What do you think about HP dv6 6155TX or asus K53SV-SX267D? Need a USB 3.0 port too...so any other models will also be appreciated. Also, I read some reviews about the asus in flipkart, those really letting me down there...:oops:

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member

India

Screen Specifics

CB35 seconded! I own that. Check link in my sig for its review.

Hi All,

Thanks & Regards,

Yeah, you use Hwinfo or BatteryBar to check your wear. Moreover, 2.5 yrs for a battery means, its life should have been over by now. Whats the back-up you're getting now?

chintan786

In the zone

Yeah, you use Hwinfo or BatteryBar to check your wear. Moreover, 2.5 yrs for a battery means, its life should have been over by now. Whats the back-up you're getting now?

thanks sujay.. Battery wear is 62.8% of 41,070 mWh.. now wht does tht mean.

i used Batterybar.

thanks

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
^That means 62.8% of battery life cycle is finished. 41,070 mWh is the total capacity of your battery which is very low. My battery capacity is 62,450.

*i.imgur.com/otOyM.jpg

Check the capacity row. It shows total battery capacity remaining after degradation. In my case, if you calculate-

59,750 = 62,450 - 4.3% of 62,450.

A battery has limited charge cycles. It doesn't gives back up after charge cycle has exceeded. But still I think your battery should be able to give you at least half an hour back up.

chintan786

In the zone
^That means 62.8% of battery life cycle is finished. 41,070 mWh is the total capacity of your battery which is very low. My battery capacity is 62,450.

*i.imgur.com/otOyM.jpg

Check the capacity row. It shows total battery capacity remaining after degradation. In my case, if you calculate-

59,750 = 62,450 - 4.3% of 62,450.

A battery has limited charge cycles. It doesn't gives back up after charge cycle has exceeded. But still I think your battery should be able to give you at least half an hour back up.

Thanks Sujay... Mine capacity row is 15296 mWh. now what u suggest. If I buy newone then which one.

Thanks for help.

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
Frankly I would use it up till doesn't gives me back up of 15 min :p

It sells for 3k @ Flipkart.com: Dell Inspiron 1525 6 Cell: Laptop Battery

sumansherlock

Broken In
Thanks but the two models are beyond budget :shock: What do you think about HP dv6 6155TX or asus K53SV-SX267D? Need a USB 3.0 port too...so any other models will also be appreciated. Also, I read some reviews about the asus in flipkart, those really letting me down there...:oops:

6490m is a very weak card..i dont think 6490m will run skyrim on high settings....may be possible at low...so say no to HP dv6 6155TX...
take a look at this model
HP Pavilion dv6-6140tx
HP Pavilion dv6-6140tx Entertainment Notebook PC - HP Customer Care (United States - English)
i dont think it is available....check some stores if you find then get it asap

if not now you have only two options under 50k...
sony vaio E series VPCEB46FG/B (5650m)
VPCEB46FG : E Series : VAIO™ Laptop & Computer : Sony India

and asus K53SV-SX267D (540m)
asus is good brand... i too read reviews in flipkart...but others are all positive
and also some members here bought it too...540m is a slightly better than 5650m...imo go for asus

Mak91

Thanks dude...but the model is currenly unavailable in my place and also, no sony service centre here. So I'm going with HP dv6-6154TX Hope it lasts the torture coming its way...:mrgreen:

MegaMind

Human Spambot
Formatting & installing OS to a netbook's HDD by connecting it to PC will cause any issues?

Also can Samsung NetBook NP-N100-MA05IN run win 7 home basic/ultimate w/o any issues?

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
Formatting & installing OS to a netbook's HDD by connecting it to PC will cause any issues?

Also can Samsung NetBook NP-N100-MA05IN run win 7 home basic/ultimate w/o any issues?

1) No.

2) Though you can run 7, but what about adding a GB of RAM? It'll make your work smoother.

OT- Bought your buffalo ext ODD?

Top Bottom