All laptop related queries here!!!

pankajgarg

Broken In
SB i7 was released in feb or march. Available with every brand.

The SB processors are updated now in september. While the IVY bridge series will be launched next year.

I was earlier going for core i7 2630QM processor i.e 2.0 GHZ with turbo boost upto 2.9 GHz in august
, but for the same price I am getting a Core i7 2670QM i.e. 2.2 GHZ with turbo boost upto 3.1 GHz.

There are updates to other SB processors as well

sunnyji_2k

Right off the assembly line
are you buying it from the US ??

and can u give link to the page where the complete specifications are given...?

yup from US.....

Walmart.com: Lenovo Black 15.6" IGF Idea Y570 Laptop PC with Intel Core i5-2410M Processor and Windows 7 Home Premium: Computers

HP Home & Home Office Store - We're sorry!

Would appreciate if u can help me with this

CloudS

Broken In
Can anyone tell me whats the best place to buy laptop, that is with discounts or some offers etc? To be specific, HP.

i wanna buy a laptop......
i have short-listed these...
DELL XPS 15
2nd generation Intel® Core™ i5-2430M processor 2.40 GHz with Turbo Boost up to 3.00 GHz
4GB 1333MHz DDR3 SDRAM
2GB NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 540M graphics with Optimus
15.6" (39.6cm) FHD (1920x1080) B+RGLED display with TrueLife

OR

HP DV6-6121TX

I am very confused.please help......
does i7 have a vast difference in gaming?
and how good is FHD of Dell?
Is WLED of dell xps 15 really that bad?
how much better is ati 6770m than nvidia 540m?
and are HP laptops reliable?

Ishu Gupta

Manchester United
does i7 have a vast difference in gaming?
No, but the graphic card does.
and how good is FHD of Dell?
Very good
Is WLED of dell xps 15 really that bad?
Yes. HP is only slightly better.
how much better is ati 6770m than nvidia 540m?
40%
and are HP laptops reliable?
IMO Yes. Just check the HP thread, *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/laptops-netbooks-tablets/140870-hp-dv6-6017tx-6140tx-6121tx-thread.html

For movies,
Dell
for gaming,
HP

j1n M@tt

Cyborg Agent
I have just brought a dv6 6121tx. I have put my laptop for charging after doing the initial HP setups. How many hours do I have to put the laptop for first time charging before I can start using it?

And the 6121tx just comes with 2 partitions. a D drive with recovery contents and the whole of the rest of the disk as a C drive. Is there any default HP tool for partitioning or can I just use the default Windows Disk Management utility to split up my C partition to other new partitions?

Thanks.

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
^^ AFAIK there's no such criteria to charge battery for the first time. Just plug the charger in and start!
& yeah, you can create a partition from C drive by through windows, dont know about HP tool.

marvelousprashant

Cyborg Agent
I have just brought a dv6 6121tx. I have put my laptop for charging after doing the initial HP setups. How many hours do I have to put the laptop for first time charging before I can start using it?

And the 6121tx just comes with 2 partitions. a D drive with recovery contents and the whole of the rest of the disk as a C drive. Is there any default HP tool for partitioning or can I just use the default Windows Disk Management utility to split up my C partition to other new partitions?

Thanks.

fully charge it and then let it discharge to 10%. Repeat this cycle 5 times so as to get maximum battery backup.
BTW Congrats on your purchase. There is a dedicated dv6 6017tx/6121tx thread in this forum. Drop by if you face any issues

Top Bottom