All laptop related queries here!!!

anjanibhardwaj.abhi

Right off the assembly line
This is my first visit to Digit forum.....so i think u people might help me out with a problem here......

I own a Dell XPS 14(L401X) laptop.....recently when i formatted my OS....My lan port stopped working....I had installed all the drivers properly from the driver cd provided by the company....not only that i downloaded fresh drivers from the Dell support site and reinstalled them.....but still the problem persists....My next attempt to solve this problem was to format the whole system,which i did...but of no use.....
Is it a hardware problem?
Please help me out with this......

smartyrohan12

tech savy.. :D
Well Intel has released new core i7 laptops. They are available in the dell XPS for sure.

Also there is a government employee discount by some companies and so one can opt for it.

do u mean the ****XM i7 processor??... if so they are goin to be high priced extreme gaming thing...

smartyrohan12

This is my first visit to Digit forum.....so i think u people might help me out with a problem here......

I own a Dell XPS 14(L401X) laptop.....recently when i formatted my OS....My lan port stopped working....I had installed all the drivers properly from the driver cd provided by the company....not only that i downloaded fresh drivers from the Dell support site and reinstalled them.....but still the problem persists....My next attempt to solve this problem was to format the whole system,which i did...but of no use.....
Is it a hardware problem?
Please help me out with this......

ohk check this out... *ftp.us.dell.com/network/R277359.exe try this and let me know what happens..

Not really. You don't even need a SB i5 for gaming. Laptop graphic cards bottleneck your cpu anyway.

i was telling it the way intel boasts about it .. :D

anjanibhardwaj.abhi

Thanks lot for ur feedback smartyrohan12...i already had the driver that u provided.....but i found out it was a very silly mistake ...i had not run all the drivers as administrator....coz of which they were not properly installed...The problem has been solved .....Thanks again.....

smartyrohan12

@ ITTexhPerson .. fill the questionnaire so we can help in a better way.....

check these
Toshiba Satellite C Series C640-X4012 Laptop With Accessories: Flipkart.com: Compare, Review Toshiba Notebook

Samsung RV518-A03 Laptop: Flipkart.com: Compare, Review Samsung Notebook

aabhi2901

hey..im looking out for a laptop with 2nd gen i5..min 500gb HDD..min 4gb RAM..
1 gb or 2 gb of GPU(the more the merrier..:oops:)..
after some research i short listed the following options :

1. LENOVO ideapad z570 about 42k

heres the link for full specifications :

Lenovo IdeaPad Z Series Z570 (59-304310) Laptop: Flipkart.com: Compare, Review Lenovo Notebook

2.HP DV6-6115tx about 40k

heres the link for full specifications :

HP Pavilion DV6 Series DV6-6115TX Laptop: Flipkart.com: Compare, Review HP Notebook

3. DELL new inspiron 15 R about 43k

similar specs

4.ASUS K53SV about 40k

heres a link to the specs :

Asus K Series K53SV-SX520V Laptop: Flipkart.com: Compare, Review Asus Notebook

I prefer the asus as its the most feature rich and has the least price tag.....
any feedbacks on asus...???

wat do u al prefer...??? on or off the list...???....HELP :-o

need advice for buying a laptop in i lakh budget

Hi everyone....
friends..i m realy happy my mum passed budget for a new laptop...n dat also upto 1 lakh...
m just so damn excited...
but soon one problem was in front of me...confusion....
the market is flooded with desktop replacements ..capable enough to confuse me...
i am a hardcore gamer,an audiophile,n a hd movie buff...
i went to nehru place to shortlist these laptops....
there were two offerings from dell....
one is xps 15z,
config-
New! Dell™ XPS 15z Qty 1
XPS L511Z Direct Base, Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium SP1 64bit (English) Unit Price Rs.88,453.39
Catalog Number: 78002 U540602IN8
Module Description Show Details
Base XPS L511Z Direct Base
Operating System Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium SP1 64bit (English)
Processor 2nd generation Intel® Core™ i7-2640M processor 2.80 GHz with Turbo Boost 2.0 up to 3.50 GHz
Memory 8GB 1333MHz DDR3 SDRAM(2x4GB)
Keyboard Backlit Internal Keyboard - English
Video Card NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 525M 2GB graphics
Hard Drive 750GB 7200RPM Hard Drive
CD ROM/DVD ROM 9.5" SATA Slot Load DVD+/-RW
Bundle U540602IN8-XPS L511Z
1st Software Microsoft® Office Starter 2010: reduced-functionality Word & Excel w/ads. No PowerPoint or Outlook
Dell Services: Hardware Maintenance 3-year XPS Premier Service with 3-year CompleteCover
Wireless Network Card Intel® Centrino® Advanced-N 6230 with Bluetooth v3.0+HS
Dell Services: Remarks Laptop Batteries Carry 1 Year Warranty Only From Invoice Date
Dell Services: Remarks Dell's Terms and Conditions apply
Primary Battery 64 WHr 8-Cell Lithium Ion Primary Battery
Carrying Cases Targus Synergy 2.0 Backpack 15.6"
Item included in the System Intel Carton label
Item included in the System Systerm Resource Media
Item included in the System driver for Intel WiDi Wireless Display
Item included in the System System Drivers
Item included in the System ICC ship mod
Item included in the System E-star Label
Item included in the System DataSafe Local Basic
Item included in the System eBay Webslice
Item included in the System WinRE software
Item included in the System Skype Software
Item included in the System Windows Live Software
Item included in the System Free 4-week subscription to Seventymm.com
Item included in the System Free 6-month subscription to PHR HealthConnect
Item included in the System Mini Displayport - VGA Convertor
Item included in the System Integrated 10/100/1000Mbps Gigabit Ethernet NIC
Item included in the System ICC MES Info
Item included in the System Adobe Reader X
Item included in the System My Dell Download
Item included in the System High Definition Audio with Waves MaxxAudio® 3
Item included in the System Silver with Aluminium
Item included in the System SyncUp Software
Item included in the System Stage Software - Zinio eMagazine
Item included in the System Stage Software - Remote Control
Security Software McAfee(R) Security Center - 30 Days Trial Version
Optional Media Kits Roxio Creator Starter - Media Kit
Optional Media Kits Sensible Vision FastAccess Facial Recognition Software Media Kit
Optional Media Kits Dell Webcam Central Media Kit
System Documentation User Guide (English, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese)
Microsoft OS Labels Windows® 7 Label
Dell Services: Item Included Technical Support
HD display 15.6" (39.6cm) FHD Widescreen, 300-nit (typical) (1920x1080) 1080p
Freights XPS-NB Handling and Insurance Charges /Express Premium
Delivery Charges Product Handling
Stage Software Stage Software without Media Kit - Framework, Photo, Music, Video
Power Options 90W AC Adapter
Dell Services: Datasafe Backup Service 1 Year Dell Online Backup 2GB
Microsoft Operating System Media Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium 64bit (English) DVD Media
TOTAL :Rs.88,453.39

then we have the leader alienware..m14x..
it comes with 6gb ram,1.5gb nvidia gddr3 gt555m graphics card,and moreover the screen is not full hd,

of the above two one goes for value for money n the other for killer looks..n showoff,,,

and lastly macbook pro...15.6,

plz reply n advice me on the technical basis...which laptop should i go for...plz its urgent as i hav to buy it in sept only....:|

graghavendra24

I own a hp laptop for 2years by now. Recently i gave it for repair and they told that the mother board and display panel are not working and i have to change both. My laptop model is HP Pavilion dv4 1257tx. please let me know how much will they charge both together if i go for repair. els do i have to go for a new laptop.
thanks,
raghavendra

arsenalfan001

Arsenal Fan
you can leave the XPS 15z out. Dont see any point any hardcore games spending 88k on a laptop with GT 525 which is useless for killer looks.
Dell Alienware @80K is good but grossly overpriced.
Go for MSI gaming series laptops (GT683 / GT780) or ASUS ROG laptops if available. You can contact SMC international for more information.

And Here is one review from one of our in-house experts.

Last edited:

smartyrohan12

@annie_xtremegamer forget dell if u want value for money ill suggest a few models..the 555m is more powerful than the 525m , the 555m equivalent 6770m is present in HP dv6 for 54k

Go for the MSI GX660 @75K...and we have many MSI laptops here but i dont know the current prices so a little research is needed..models are the gt780dx, gt 683dx, gt683, gt780,..contact them and enquire about the prices .. post them here we'll help with rest..

moving on to asus we have the G53sx and G74sx (price not known to me again)..

I suggest u make a new topic regarding this..fill the questionnare so we can help in a better way..

ITTechPerson

Search for Adventure
@ ITTexhPerson .. fill the questionnaire so we can help in a better way.....

check these
Toshiba Satellite C Series C640-X4012 Laptop With Accessories: Flipkart.com: Compare, Review Toshiba Notebook

Samsung RV518-A03 Laptop: Flipkart.com: Compare, Review Samsung Notebook

Thanks rohan, I have noticed the Toshiba one before, samsung's one is a new option for me. Now the question is which will give me better service support. I know Toshiba has good support at Kolkata, not sure about Samsung.

Also where is the questioner? I can provide what I need - i3/i5 wth good motherboard & best support. Usage are basic with light gaming.

Re: need advice for buying a laptop in i lakh budget

hi digit,
first of all m realy overwhelmed by the response to my thread....its just so comforting to get expert advice from the active members..lyk smartyrohan12 and arsenallover001....seriously hats off to u guys....this forum is theee best..to solve our queries....

now regarding the topic.
dear rohan i would share my views respectively to the suggestion
1-regarding dell...i totally agree with u about the value for money point as well...but only to the hardware point...but when it comes to service...therz no competition infact all the xtra bucks they charge v get back in after sales support..
2-yes i know 555m is powerful than 525m but its only available in alienware..
n i wont prefer an hp one..coz they realy suck at service n hardware as well...overheating,faulty displays...they are blacklisted in my prospects...
3-i researched online for msi lappz...on smc..it has only two models..n hav had a look at them in thapar fest..they are fully customizable for shure n providing lots of goodies n hardware fited as well..but they are realy heavy..n the built quality is not upto the mark...it looks cheap plastic...they tend to get overheated as well...dun know abt the service btw/..will go to nehru place again to inquire about them..
4-regarding asus....no doubt rog fame is known to all...but it is currently supplying only g74sx ..model..it is their top of the line model...has a mean hardware under its hood,(intelc172.02630qm,16gigs ram,1.5tb,bluray,nvidia 3gigs gtx560m,17.3'fhd,3d with goggles,8cellbattry)
but man...is it seriously a laptop?..this lappie i holded in my hands ...n blv me it was damn hard..its totaly unportable...no matter what u fit in...it shuld b portable as well..moreover its tag shows 1,24,000,..but he said he would oblize me with 4k off...duh..
5-the main reason i was lookin at 15z was due to its hardware packed in such a sleek manner...the screen on this is fullhd,alienware is not providin it in 14x models..under 1lakh,
now since m a movie buff too,i expect it to bhi portable,n display capable to the view the graphics in full glory...
6-n thnx for the advice i m posting this as a new topic...plz keep eye on it

now arsenalloveroo1
1-i agree that dell 15z might not have the most powerful graphics...but it is in my views completes the package in the other areas as well..namely,service,support,display,sleekness,weight,cooling etc.N as i stated above..i also like to watch movies in full hd...alienware doesnt provide this,at this price range,while 15z does ...
2 dell alienware @80k is not worth buyin for its screen size...n type ...moreover there are more options providin twice this config at lower price...
:p
3-regarding msi and asus i hav mentioned already my views...
plz respond to this thread in the new topic i m creating...
thnx members...
now plz advice ...keepin in mind ...my requirements again...thnx..lukin forward to the response

sunnyji_2k

I am planning to buy a Laptop

I was 1st going to buy a Lenovo with I5 and GT555 Graphics card and 6 gig ram...costing abt $850.

then i came across a HP

with AMD A8 3510 and AMD discrete Graphics 6 gig graphics....and a bku ray drive for $770......

I am confused at what to buy....

my needs are

1Play moderate games like FIFA 11

2.Surfing

3.Watch a few movies(HD)

and 4.some other mundane work

My present core 2 duo is ok ok for needs 2 and 4...though will love a bit os speed.but its useless for 1 and 3.

So please help.....

Top Bottom