All laptop related queries here!!!

smartyrohan12

tech savy.. :D
hi all
one of my friends want to buy a new lappy in the range of 36k ( Configuration mandatory i3, 320 or 320+ GB Hard Disk, windows 7 home premium, 3-4 gm ram) and want to buy either from HP, Sony and Dell.

Kindly suggest the best laptop

Usage : Office use Ms Office and share market related things.

Thank You
Kunal

go for the new inspiron series from dell ...15r @32k basic config..

sony:
*VPCEH16EN/B MRP Rs 36,990 /- ..15.5(39.37 cm) wide (WXGA: 1366x768) TFT colour display (VAIO Display, LED backlight)..
*VPCEG17FG/B MRP Rs 35,990 /-..14 (35.6 cm) wide (WXGA: 1366x768) TFT colour display (VAIO Display, LED backlight)

hp:
HP Pavilion g4-1120tx Notebook PC (QB402PA) specifications - HP Home & Home Office products
HP Pavilion dv6-6001tu Entertainment Notebook PC (LQ385PA) specifications - HP Home & Home Office products
HP Pavilion g6-1117tx Notebook PC (QB406PA) specifications - HP Home & Home Office products

this was the hard work part...now go n choose whatever u lyk:twisted:

jyotirupam

Broken In
I want to bye a Lap Top. Budget 25k. The lap top will be used mainly for office applications and internet uses. Ram reqd 2GB, a decent HDD, wifi are the basic requirement. Plz suggest one.

smartyrohan12

I want to bye a Lap Top. Budget 25k. The lap top will be used mainly for office applications and internet uses. Ram reqd 2GB, a decent HDD, wifi are the basic requirement. Plz suggest one.

checkthis HP Pavilion dm1-3200 Entertainment Notebook PC series specifications - HP Home & Home Office products

or
Rely on its simplicity - NP-RV508-A01IN - RV Series - Notebook | SAMSUNG

this 1
Do more for less - NP-RV509-A0FIN - Everyday - Notebook | SAMSUNG

or this:
Laptops NEW, HCL ME ICON L 1015 F

Laptops NEW, HCL ME XITE M 1014 A

this is all i could think about... all are 25k +-1000 ..choose accrding to urself...:mrgreen:

nims11

BIOS Terminator
How much difference not having a dedicated graphics (having intel HD graphics 3000 instead) should make if i won't be doing heavy gaming on my laptop?

Ishu Gupta

Manchester United
Not much. Some apps would run better with a graphic card but a better cpu can balance that.

HD3000 is good enough IMO. You can even play quite a few games.

smartyrohan12

HD 3000 is near about the same as NVIDIA GT540M

read on: Review Intel HD Graphics 3000 graphics solution - Notebookcheck.net Reviews

Ishu Gupta

Manchester United
HD 3000 is near about the same as NVIDIA GT540M

read on: Review Intel HD Graphics 3000 graphics solution - Notebookcheck.net Reviews
:lol:
It only wins on the Cinebench R10. Its smoked everywhere else.

Verdict said:
The performance of the Intel HD Graphics 3000 can indeed be called impressive. In many older and current gaming titles it competes at a level of entry-level graphics cards like the Geforce G 310M, the GT 220M or the ATI HD5470.

nims11

BIOS Terminator
thanks ishu and smartyrohan12, The inclusion of dedicated gfx for the same config without it was breaking my budget boundary.

ProRoars

Right off the assembly line
Hi All,

I am looking to buy a 14 inch laptop with following configuration - i5 2nd generation, 4GB RAM, 1GB Dedicated Graphic card.

Purpose - Office work, Movies, Occasional games like FIFA, NFS etc. Any one with any suggestions?

Came across the following model - HP Pavilion g4-1121tx - any reviews?

I am based out of mumbai so what will be the best way to buy - online, Chroma, Lamington road??

--

Ishu Gupta

Manchester United
Flipkart.com: HP Pavilion DV6 Series Dv4 - 3016tx: Computer Better for Gaming
Flipkart.com: Asus K Series K53SC-SX054D: Computer Cheaper

warrior047

In the zone
Hello mates,

I have the Dell inspiron 1440 model of 2009. I had vista all these days and didn't have any issues.

Now I had to install SAP for which I needed Windows server 2003 and got these installed. My problem is below:

The Mobo is Dell 0k138p (Intel Manufactured I guess!) and chipset is Mobile Intel® 4 Series Express Chipset Family. In the Dell site, there is no drivers for this Mobo for even XP! I got the network driver from realtek and got the network adapter working so that I have internet.

But for the Audio, it says no audio driver installed! In intel also, I couldn't find any working audio driver and currently there is no audio.
Even the display adapter drivers are badly installed as they are of vista as I had no other option.

Please help me in getting audio and the Mobo drivers for my laptop to get these working in Win server 2003 Enterprise x86?

Ishu Gupta

Manchester United
I guess Ishu is talking about the cheap plastic feel of the lappy built (body).

Yeah. It bends when you hold it from the edge.
The screen hinge is terrible. The screen stopped working unless you fully open it. Within months.
Sonn the screen cracked internally when my dad was just typing a word doc. Acer wanted 17k to fix it FFS :D.

aniket.cain

Padawan
I have seen this screen problem with all the 3 Acer laptops that my colleagues have. They flicker randomly and you have to adjust it to a proper angle to get good picture. I guess it is due to the poor cable quality they use.

Ishu Gupta

Manchester United
I have seen this screen problem with all the 3 Acer laptops that my colleagues have. They flicker randomly and you have to adjust it to a proper angle to get good picture. I guess it is due to the poor cable quality they use.
Yeah. This is what I'm talking about. Only works at certain angles.

Top Bottom