All laptop related queries here!!!

Mike84

Broken In
try net books or the dell inspiron series....since your hardware requirements are not that great you could spend some cash on the looks aspect ...and that is pretty good with dell.......

irrespective of the brand you choose you could always turn the laptop into a looker by putting a skin on it...check out laptopskinz.in
I am not sure about the power of the netbooks... please tell me. Can netbooks run HD movies on windows 7 properly with... perhaps a zipping or a couple of mass data transfer operation and a song download on firefox going on in the back end. (cause thats probably the max usage that will be done on it.) I doubt atom processors are capable of that, but i really have no idea.
In case it does, please suggest some good nettop models... :D

red dragon

Master troll
guys, I am having a strange problem,I stay in kolkata and my isp is the local cablewalah who gives it through cable modem,it works without a hitch in the desktop,now when i am inserting the cable in the laptop(dv6 2005ax) IT IS NOT WORKIN EVEN THE INDICATOR IS NOT BLINKING,initially thought it to be some lan driver issue,but device manager says lan card and drivers are working correctly,whats happening?anyone with similar issues?any solution?

Last edited:

IronManForever

IronMan; Ready to Roll...
^ You've bought it already. Why do you ask?

My friend got a good deal on that one. Acer 4736
- Screen is small enough (13?) but has 1366X768 resolution. Good.
- Keyboard Okish. Not contoured.
- Trackpad Okish.. No no, horrible!
- 3GB DDR2 RAM + 320 GB HDD .. Okay for the price.
- Graphics subpar. Intel 4500M. Definitely not for games.
- VGA + HDMI .. Definitely a plus. But then no way to go higher than 1920x1200.
- 3 USB ports. Okay.
- Modem (?)
- No OS bundled .. Bad
- Sound .. Passable.
- Fingerprint Security with custom command assigning functionality: Great.. but purpose?

Still, for a low end laptop at a good price, its recommended.

puneetgarg

Learn & Earn
well mine is actually 14.1" with 3GB DDR3 RAM
but im not able to work up with fingerprint security feature...
anyways i liked it
and presently using Win 7 on it :D

Mike84

Broken In
Hi All,

Can anyone tell me how is this laptop? Is it worth the price or will i get more value for money with other manufacturers.

VPCCW12EN/BU

Link: *www.sony.co.in/microsite/vaio/products/vaio_cw/cw12_specification.html

ssk_the_gr8

Make Way the LORD is Here
^^
its a virtual machine package for windows 7
it contains a licensed version of windows xp sp3

u can run software on it that dont run on windows 7.. etc.

& abt dv6 2005ax... u can go with the AMD processor its fine.

Hi All,

Can anyone tell me how is this laptop? Is it worth the price or will i get more value for money with other manufacturers.

VPCCW12EN/BU

Link: *www.sony.co.in/microsite/vaio/products/vaio_cw/cw12_specification.html

for brand sony the price is ok, however it has old pentium dual core, why dont you try out for other brands.

dare devil

Broken In
Desibond, ssk_the_gr8 & shri75:Can i run Win 7's XP mode in DV6 2005ax?
(If I install the OS Win7 Ultimate Edition in the 2005ax with AMD Proccy)

Mike84

Broken In
for brand sony the price is ok, however it has old pentium dual core, why dont you try out for other brands.

But its a 45 nm proc. and the gcard should be quite capable of helping out the proc. I mean its 512 Mb GT210... that means it has cuda capable. rite?

Among other brands... can u suggest some?
Among brands, will there be any built quality difference between dell hp sony acer?? if so, which one's the best to have? (In 30-40K range... higher up offcourse alienware M15X should be better than the others in build quality :D)

(Anyone has any idea about price and performance of Acer 5739) ??

dare devil

Broken In
Desiibond:
DV6 2005ax - AMD Turion II Dual Core Mobile Proc. M500@ 2.2 GHz
(AMD 870 Chipset/1MB L2 Cache/Upto 3600MHZ FSB)

DV6 1211ax - AMD Turion X2 Proc. RM 75(2.2GHz)Dual Core
(AMD 770 Chipset/1MB L2 Cache/Upto 3600MHZ FSB)

abhishingwekar

Right off the assembly line
I want to buy HP dv7-3085dx, has some great specs, but have heard some problems too like BSOD overheating, component failures...I am a student and already 1200$ is too much for me...but I have my heart set out on that beauty....;-)....please suggest whether I should buy it or not...

am in Syracuse, New York and I plan to buy it from a best buy store this thanksgiving....but I think that they only replace product for 2 weeks.....also, I want to play games with future games compatibility too...so I thought of this laptop...also, it doesn't look zany, so I can take it to my office too in future....if not, please suggest some laptop...budget is $1000-$1200...and no preference for any models...
-----------------------------------------
Posted again:
-----------------------------------------
I want to buy HP dv7-3085dx, has some great specs, but have heard some problems too like BSOD overheating, component failures...I am a student and already 1200$ is too much for me...but I have my heart set out on that beauty....;-)....please suggest whether I should buy it or not...

I am in Syracuse, New York and I plan to buy it from a best buy store this thanksgiving....but I think that they only replace product for 2 weeks.....also, I want to play games with future games compatibility too...so I thought of this laptop...also, it doesn't look zany, so I can take it to my office too in future....if not, please suggest some laptop...budget is $1000-$1200...and no preference for any models......

Last edited:

ssk_the_gr8

Make Way the LORD is Here
Desiibond:
DV6 2005ax - AMD Turion II Dual Core Mobile Proc. M500@ 2.2 GHz
(AMD 870 Chipset/1MB L2 Cache/Upto 3600MHZ FSB)

DV6 1211ax - AMD Turion X2 Proc. RM 75(2.2GHz)Dual Core
(AMD 770 Chipset/1MB L2 Cache/Upto 3600MHZ FSB)

2005 ax is what u should get as it is the new one & is K10 based & supports virtualization

Top Bottom