All laptop related queries here!!!

ssk_the_gr8

Make Way the LORD is Here
yeah its the same feeling here, however will wait before buying it, as even on hp forums people have the same complaint of over heating of amd based notebooks.
could you please give of a link to those forum posts cause i have to buy my new laptop by the 15th. And i am pretty much decided on the dv6 1211.

could you please give of a link to those forum posts cause i have to buy my new laptop by the 15th. And i am pretty much decided on the dv6 1211.

the above was from hcl website, and if you are going for 1211ax, check the street prices, here at my place it was 44.5k final with carry case, let me know of your user experience.

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
I am thinking of buying Dell's Inspiron 15 or Dell's Studio 15.
I am flexible with money thing. I can go arnd 50k and I need Great looks with great functionalty too. I am designer so I want a high end machine too. So please suggest me whivh One should I go for?
I saw Studio 15 and it looks very basic :( I was expecting some awesome looks from it.

Also tell me what is U-TRIM? Dell's site has Black U-Trim option in it...

Please help me soon.,.. :(
-----------------------------------------
Posted again:
-----------------------------------------
I am thinking of buying Dell's Inspiron 15 or Dell's Studio 15.
I am flexible with money thing. I can go arnd 50k and I need Great looks with great functionalty too. I am designer so I want a high end machine too. So please suggest me whivh One should I go for?
I saw Studio 15 and it looks very basic :( I was expecting some awesome looks from it.

Also tell me what is U-TRIM? Dell's site has Black U-Trim option in it...

Please help me soon.,.. :(

go for dell.....I just bought a studio 15 a few months back and am pretty happy with it...

you can configure the specs of the laptop on the site to as far as your budget permits, the config options are pretty good although not what you would call high end....but they are more than sufficient to enjoy the laptop to the max...(gaming at medium to high resolutions, photoshop, music editing and all ....)

if you want to go for looks there's always the designer range of colour combinations from dell.....mike ming and stuff.....or there is always laptopskinz.in for personalized skins...

and there is always the great dell warranty ....I blew my charger and dell replaced it within 5 days.....

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
guys need help...the display of my laptop LCD is showing a green vertical line to the left....I think it is a hardware fault as the line comes on the moment the dispaly switches on....any suggestions

damngoodman999

damnbadman666
guys need help...the display of my laptop LCD is showing a green vertical line to the left....I think it is a hardware fault as the line comes on the moment the dispaly switches on....any suggestions

LCD panel is out , not the problem wid hardwares

If u have warranty get it replaced ASAP:!:

nmenon

Broken In
Guys!
Has anyone got an Idea as to how the Mobility Radeon HD 4650 compares to the GeForce GT230M. If yes I need an urgent reply.
Thanks in advance!! :)

nmenon

Broken In
Thanks!
My friend is confused whether to buy an HD 4650 based laptop from Toshiba or a newer model with the GT230M. Rest of the Hardware is same except that the one with GT230M comes with 4GB of DDR3 1066MHz RAM to the older one's 4GB DDR2 800MHz. Price difference is negligible according to him.

techno0065

Broken In
hey guys i bought a dell studio 1555 in july this year which comes with windows vista home premium.i want to get the best of gaming.can u plz tell me the tweaks to do for windows for dat and i also want to know can i check if any updates are there for the ati 4570 512 mb graphics card so dat i may download the latest graphics driver and get the best of my games.plz advise

nmenon

Broken In
The Rest of the config of the 2 Toshiba Laptops (Satellite: A500-134, A500-19W) is as below.
Processor : Core2Duo P8700 2.53GHz 1066MHz FSB
RAM : 4GB DDR2 800MHz (For the 134) 4GB DDR3 1066MHz (For the 19W)
HDD : 500GB (for the 134) 400GB (for the 19W)
Graphics : HD4650 1GB DDR2 (134) GT230M 1GB DDR2 (19W)
Optical Drive : DVD writer single and dual layer
Display : 16.0" 1366x768 resolution
Price : 490 Riyals in Oman (134) TBA (estimated around 600 Riyals for the
19W)
Price is not much of an issue within 650 Riyals for him. Sony Vaio with equivalent hardware as the A500-134 costs 740 Riyals.
Not interested in Dell

nmenon

Broken In
The 2 Toshiba models (A500-134 and A500-19W) are unfortunately available in the Middle-East but unavailable here. The A500-134 had an Indian version which is not available now the A500-13F. My friend works in Oman, he wants to buy it from there.

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
hey guys i bought a dell studio 1555 in july this year which comes with windows vista home premium.i want to get the best of gaming.can u plz tell me the tweaks to do for windows for dat and i also want to know can i check if any updates are there for the ati 4570 512 mb graphics card so dat i may download the latest graphics driver and get the best of my games.plz advise

try searching for tweaks for vista ....there are a huge number available on the net....apply those that suit you.....as for catalyst driver for the graphics card, keep checking the dell support page for the latest drivers and all....

adithya.scor@gmail.com

Right off the assembly line
guys.. i wanna buy laptop.. i have short listed dv6 1211..
my req are movies, music, good gaming , and programming to considerable extent.
some times i travel a lot so gaming on the move.
i'm totally confused whether to go for a psp and a lappy without gfx or 1211..
i already own ipod touch..
if at all i'm buying a psp for 9k why not an xbox by spending 6k more plus a lappy for 35k?? my budget is 50k max.. could get 1211 for 44.5k at my place..
and i don wanna go for other brands .. i jus wan hp lappies..
please suggest

phoenix_71

Right off the assembly line
Are u sure that the 1211ax has been discontinued? Because on the HP site, it says "new" for this model and when i called up HP Pre-Sales, they also said its still in production..

Top Bottom