All laptop related queries here!!!

hackerzlab

Journeyman
i am thinking of getting Lenovo G450 - 294955Q for personal use. i wont be playing games. the web price is about 32K but the actual market price is about 36k!!

how do u guys think of this? any better product in this range?

my minimum preferred criteria is:
c2d 2.0, 2 GB RAM, 250 GB HDD, cam, bt, etc etc.. and ~14" inch screen and Free DOS is fine by me. i get legal copies from my college.

williamkane

Right off the assembly line
Hi guys,

Need help regarding HP REMOTE CONTROL, Ive a hp dv6700 special edition and today, for the first time, i tried to use its remote. Sadly only one button (Switch screens) was working and the rest are not. I tried removing the cell and placing it again n other small things but they didnt really help. Here is more info about my laptop:

Note: When I bought this, I saw that there are too many hp softwares installed and then the quick play was really bugging me so i uninstalled those hp video/quick play softwares. So now the two quick play buttons on my laptop dont function but I am fine with it. Can that be a reason for the abnormal behavior of my remote control???.

Even if it is, it still has to perform all the windows related functionalities and should not work for quick play right?..Please help me in this regard.

k.mandar

Hello forum users,

I've seen lots of threads and posts where users keep asking for Laptops and quotes according to their specifications and requirements....

So , For better and centralised way of finding the right information , Which can include a new Laptop , Mobile Processors , Prices , or Mobile Graphics GPU's , this thread can serve your purpose .

Happy Posting People !

---------------------------------------------

Moved to the Mobile Monsters sub-forum. All the general laptop queries can be continued to be posted here.

Sourabh
hi i m mandar i m looking 4 a new laptop 4 my dtp work on it so plz suggest me a cheapest and fastest laptop model frm any brand plz reply fast thank u.:)

antoniobc

Broken In
Dell Studio 15 vs HP DV6 1152tx

Hey guys... I need URGENT help and quick replies cause I'm in a hurry to buy a laptop... Im stuck between buyin a HP DV6 1152tx vs a Dell Studio 15.

The HP DV6 specs are given here: *www.techtree.com/techtree/jsp/model.jsp?model_id=59636

Dell Studio 15 specs can be obtained from: *configure.ap.dell.com/dellstore/config.aspx?c=in&cs=indhs1&kc=&l=en&oc=S540811IN8&s=dhs

Please help me...

antoniobc

Broken In
^^ DELL studio 15 comparing to HP !!

DELL studio 15 is my choice , what is ur need ??

Well, im a computer engineering student. Its a basic overall greed for power. Plus the HP DV6 comes with Altec Lansing speakers, a remote, plus an inbuilt dialup, a full keyboard with numpad, multimedia touch buttons, a great look, etc... which arent available on the dell...

The Artistic themes for the DELL are way too expensive. The HP is an all in One package.

Any special reason why you would suggest the DELL?

damngoodman999

damnbadman666
^^^ But they have AMD processors ! AMD processors are not good @ notebooks , check out the HP DV6 screen with Studio screen
Num pad is really not essential if u need go for USB keyboard , Dell is good @ servicing & replacement , Do u really like in built speakers in Laptop ???

Dial up modem is still no need !! the way USB datacard is available much cheaper .

Studio comes with HD4570 is moderate Grafix for all multimedia .

dextervardhan

Hello Guys! I've planned to buy a new Acer laptop... 5738G... It's got AMD Turion™ X2 dual-core processor RM-75 (1 MB L2 cache, 2.20 GHz, DDR2 800 MHz, 35 W) / AMD M780G Chipset / ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 4570 with 512 MB dedicated VRAM / 3 GB DDR2 RAM / 15.6" HD / DVD Writer/ 320 GB HDD / BlueTooth/ MultiCard Reader / Gigabit LAN / WebCam/ 4 x USB Ports / Dolby Stereo Speakers/HDMI/ Fingerprint Reader etc. But many of my friends scoff me for choosing Acer. They accuse that Acer's got the worst build quality, and that it crashes too often. I've got 3 extra choices- HP DV61211AX (or) HP DV1110AX (or) Dell Studio 15. I'm utterly confused on choosing the right lappy. Please show me a way outta this maze.

kjd_1122

Crossbow
Well I would say go with HP pav DV6 1110ax, as IT's coming with HD4650. So IT's far far far more better then HD4570. And I am using 1154tx with Intel Processor. And Build quality of 1154tx and 1110ax are the same. I have seen both the laptops personally while purchasing mine. And Build quality is good.
Dont think to go with studio 15. IT HAS uncountable issues. List is too long. See following link about discussion over Studio 15 laptop.
*www.techenclave.com/laptops/gaming-laptop-for-50k-138502.html
You can see review of studio 15 on www.notebookcheck.com also

Last edited:

rishabh_s

Broken In
Hello guys. I need a laptop for around 30k. I think acer has a good price vs features ratio but ppl say its not good (i dont really know).
So what would you say? Otherwise i think i'll go for Hp

aman3645

i know this one has been asked a zillion times here but now that lenovo has come out with S10-2 model which looks quite decent which proves to be a good buy.
i am currently using a compaq celeron M laptop for 3.5 years and need a good replacement and have zeroed on these two netbooks.
I was quoted 19.3k for acer aspire one 6cell model and 20.7k for lenovo s10-2.
feature wise it is difficult to choose between different netbooks these days but what matters is looks and after sale service.
Can you guys pitch in with your experiences with the both models and is there any other good netbook upto 25k .
-----------------------------------------
Posted again:
i know this one has been asked a zillion times here but now that lenovo has come out with S10-2 model which looks quite decent which proves to be a good buy.
i am currently using a compaq celeron M laptop for 3.5 years and need a good replacement and have zeroed on these two netbooks.
feature wise it is difficult to choose between different netbooks these days but what matters is looks and after sale service.
Can you guys pitch in with your experiences with the both models and is there any other good netbook upto 25k .

Last edited:

solidashraf

Broken In
What About Acer 5536G?Under Rupees 31500

So much has been written for the best package a budget Laptop Should have.But what about Acer 5536g,Which has a marvelous Configuration under Rs 31500.The configuration can be seen here. *www.acer.co.in/acer/product.do?l ... xHistory=1
One of the Acer 5536g which has some scaled down version than the Indian Model is Reviewed here which tells the whole story.*www.notebookcheck.net/Review-Ace ... 192.0.html

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Posted again:

Why not a Sony Vaio W 10.1" netbook? It looks damn good and has very good build quality.

oromis

i pwn joo!!
Hey

need some advice about purchasing a laptop. my budget is 50k Rs, and im looking for something which can run most recent games, has dedicated gfx card memory, decent screen size etc.

also, it should be capable of supporting visual softwares like autoCAD, solidworks etc.

i had seen a HP pavillion DV6 series laptop, for around 50000 rs, with 1GB Ati radeon card etc, is that a good buy for this price?

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Dell Studio 15 or XPS with HD4670 (if available)

what radeon card are you getting on that HP DV6. and yes, afaik, DV6 is a good model.

Top Bottom