All laptop related queries here!!!

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
@varunprakash, enough of this rants on Acer.

FYI, Acer is now no.2 PC Manufacture (global) and HP is no.1. Moreover, Lenovo too is breathing down the neck of Dell.

I do recommend Dell/HP for budget above 50k but anything less than that, Acer is the one with most VFM.

I would be better if you learn that fact else you will be left as one of those forum users who did nothing rants and eventually leave the forum.

drsubhadip

In the zone
Please don't say any thing which will hurt any one of this great forum
i'm sorry for all these
please
and i don't think any one is going to be paid from hp or acer if i buy my laptop from either of those company
so please don't go for each other
healthiz healthy discussion is needed
i think from my personal point of view that hp dv6 1110ax modal is good
so i don't know what i'll do
but also thinking of other models also
thank u all buddy

soham

In the zone
@ varun parakh
If you really feel Acer sucks, why don't you put your reasons forward? All you are doing is creating hullabaloo..

D

Deleted member 26636

can anyone help me with this- *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=119302:cry::(

girish.g

respect mah authoritah!!
hey what's the difference between
Intel(R) WiFi Link 5300 (802.11a/g/n) Half Mini-card and
Intel(R) WiFi Link 5100 (802.11a/g/n) Half Mini-card??

varunparakh

Gamer in me
Hey fellas..plzzz help me out with this..
Which of the 2 is better for heavy gaming and programming

AMD Turion X2 RM-74(2.2GHz) with 1mb L2 + ATI Radeon 4650 1gb DDR3
OR
Intel C2D P8600(2.4GHz) with 2mb L2 + ATI Radeon 4570 512mb DDR2

letmein

Broken In
Buying a new laptop guys, full post here:
*forum.notebookreview.com/showthread.php?t=405629

since I am unable to post a new thread for some reason.

ssk_the_gr8

Make Way the LORD is Here
Hey fellas..plzzz help me out with this..
Which of the 2 is better for heavy gaming and programming

AMD Turion X2 RM-74(2.2GHz) with 1mb L2 + ATI Radeon 4650 1gb DDR3
OR
Intel C2D P8600(2.4GHz) with 2mb L2 + ATI Radeon 4570 512mb DDR2

go with the amd + radeon 4650

techno0065

Broken In
hey guys i own a dell studio 1555 laptop wich i ought 2 months bak...it runs perfectly well bt nw da games need for speed undercover n virtyal tennis 2009 tend 2 stuck a little...dese games ran vry well when i first installed dem bt frm da past 5-6 days dey tend 2 stuck lik dey dont run dat smoothly...i already finished hitman blood money n crysis on dis lappy wid no problems at all bt nw dey dnt run dat smooth...wht mst b da problem...do i need an upgrade???...plz advise

kjd_1122

Crossbow
budget would be at max 2.5K

Also, I googled a bit and got to know that zalman cooling pads are excellent. Some NC-2000 or something.
Are they also available in India?

kjd_1122

Crossbow
@varunprakash, enough of this rants on Acer.

FYI, Acer is now no.2 PC Manufacture (global) and HP is no.1. Moreover, Lenovo too is breathing down the neck of Dell.

I do recommend Dell/HP for budget above 50k but anything less than that, Acer is the one with most VFM.

I would be better if you learn that fact else you will be left as one of those forum users who did nothing rants and eventually leave the forum.

YES indeed. IF you are really gonna get Lappy below 50K, you should Always think about Acer, HCL, Lenovo etc. etc.

Check out his link of HCL
*www.hclleaptops.in/
All the models which are there, are below 50K.

Even Acer models also, very few must be priced beyond 50K.

So IMHO, these products are meant to be sold in Indian market.
And another case is budget over here. At-least 60-70 % of the crowd who's gonna buy a laptop will not think for going beyond 50K for it. They would purchase PC instead.

But there are people who are having main concern as portability, plus and whatever their reasons are for purchasing a good lappy. They would consider their own budget for buying a lappy.

So in indian market dell has to launch laptop like studio 15 ,whose build quality is not that good, there are having heating issue. (Am strictly not biased to any brand). But still it's with Full HD, lower middle class GPU, middle class power saving Proccey and etc etc. build quality downgraded for Performance.

It's like, there's cooler master HAF cases at 9K, but you can also go with Cooler master elite 33X series at 2K, whether you game or not.:-|

If you have visited dell website thoroughly, you would have marked one thing. Why upgrades which are there in studio 15 are cheaper, in comparision of another lappy.
Coz they want this product to reach to max public who's gonna buy lappy. In short to improve competition with other brands.

I dont know that which brand is number one,
But I recently purchased HP pavilion DV6 1154TX @ 66K
It's an exellent product. Right now top model in Pavilion series IMO. And If I play like 1 to 1.5 hours, it's getting quite hot. But that's lappy's one main charactoristic. You know what I mean!

As far as varun parekh's query is concerned, I think you should go with HP Pav lappy if you are gonna game a lot.
AMD proccy is not that bad when it comed to heating, But ya, they are on 2nd rank when compared to intel.
And If not gonna game a lot on your lappy. go with whatever brand you like. Whether it's acer or HP or Dell or whatever. (Well, I dont have much info about cheap lappys which are not built for middle level gaming)
I think I would go with Inspiron 15 of dell in this case. C2D T6400/T6500, HD 4330, Full HD, Blu-ray rom, around 45K

Sorry for typos it any.

kjd_1122

Crossbow
I have used HCL laptop for like 3 years, And that also in full portable conditions.
It has worked like a charm for me.
And regarding warranty, I did not face any issue.
In my case....
After 2 years lappy's fan goes down, And within 2 days fan was replaced.
Now still my father is using that lappy. He is also traveling a lot with that.
And He has not faced a single issue.
And in three years, Not a single times I have formatted the lappy or installed OS again. inspite of having full usage of internet and download.

No offense to you and still dont know about other, But this is my review.

May be it depends upon how you use your product sometimes dude.

Top Bottom