All laptop related queries here!!!

Ricky

Cyborg Agent
Welcome .. lets see how much time it will take you to get answer in this official thread.. 4 din toh mere query ko hi gaye hain.. still no response on it...

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
hello....
i wanted to buy a laptop wid a budget <50k having....
good processor preferably the 1 with intel centrino 2 platform..
3gb ram
250gb hdd
a good gpu which cn run high graphics game..(better if it is from nvidia 9 series)

-is hp dv5 and dv4 special edition vailable in indian market? what is the cost of these laptops??
i have heard that we can bargain with dell people by calling them..can u give me 1 such call center number???
which is a better lappy in the price range of <50k...dell or hp????
pls...suggest me satisfying the above config...u can even suggest me if a better config is available for that price range...basically i want a lappy wid very gud graphics

HP DV5 cost should be around 65k.

I don't you will get centrino2+9xxx laptop under 50k. Dell has not yet updated their laptops to 9xxx GPU. They are still giving 8600 or 8400 for dedicated GPU.

gaming laptop under 50k, your best bet would be XPS 1530 with 8600GT

I looking for Laptop for ~30K though can stretch budget to 35K but ~30K is preferred.

I want to avoid intel GMX 3100 but looking for some nvidia graphic on board like 9100M etc. While other feature I need that must have TV out. And yes, should have decent battery life.

Also, whatever it is I am looking for some latest config but decent .. shouldn't be based on some old chipset etc.

Lastly, this Lappy will be running Linux all the time hence do not want any preloaded OS..

I hope this query won't die with bunch of other queries.

Your query produced 0 results. You want new chipset, 9xxx GPU, without an OS and inside 35k.

My suggestion to you is to go and check in Acer and compaq showrooms.

Last edited:

fawks

Broken In
hey..how is ATI radeon hd3450 graphic card????does it run games like crysis??wats the equivalent graphics card from nvidia..???wats the cost of nvidia 9200m gs with 512 mb dedicated memory????can i hve external nvidia graphics with sell studio 15 lappy????

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
hey..how is ATI radeon hd3450 graphic card????does it run games like crysis??wats the equivalent graphics card from nvidia..???wats the cost of nvidia 9200m gs with 512 mb dedicated memory????can i hve external nvidia graphics with sell studio 15 lappy????

both are crap. you will not be able to play crysis on them. get atleast 9600M based laptop.

mskgadv

Right off the assembly line
Re: Dell XPS 1530 Waiting Time

What is the current waiting time to get an Dell XPS 1530 delivered (Dell says the standard 1 weeks time), but ppl who ordered already, should have an exact idea.... Anyone ???
(Shiiping to TamilNadu - Chennai)
Max 4 working days

Mike84

Broken In
Hi All,

I am from Kolkata and i want to buy a HP DV 7 laptop. Does anyone know where can i find one in Kolkata?
Any Idea about the current price of these laptops? Just to get an idea so that i don't get cheated in the shop.

The config am looking for is P8400, 4Gigs, 320GB, 512MB 9600MGT,fingerprint reader, cam, and the rest usual stuff. Whats the price of this lappy? I hope they are giving the DDR3 version of the card

I am going to buy a lappy with atleast a DDR3 9600GT. Any one with a better laptop in mind? I can spend around 70-80K for it.

Thanks in advance.

View Sonic

Ok, so I want to buy a laptop for graphic art work. Mainly for drawing, using soft wares like Flash, the adobe creative suite (photoshop, illustrator, premier etc…), 3D Max.
I want the laptop mainly as a stand in for a PC, because I don’t want to get a PC right now, which means I’m not going to travel with it, just take it around the house, or if I have problems to get it repaired or something.
The main thing is I do a lot of drawings, and my old computers freeze, ditto with the flash, I make these animated cards, slideshow things, and it freezes, also the rendering in 3D max, it takes time, so a good graphics card is a must.
Anyways, I decided on a Dell XPS M1530 (for the NVIDIA graphics card) or a Dell studio 15 (for the 3GB memory). So I was deciding, because studio 15 has the ATI graphics card, and I read on reviews that ATI is slower and eats up more power. So we went to the laptop shop, (I live in Pune), and the dealer suggested an HP DV 6910 TX.
We have to remove Vista and install XP in any of my choice, because Vista doesn’t work on many of the graphics soft wares. Also, I initially wanted an Apple, but it is not used widespread here, and I don’t have a good soft ware dealer (Actually I don’t even have one). The HP DV 6910 TX, seems to be the same, like the DELL. 3GB, Nvidia graphics card, heavy HDD.
I do have a doubt though, I went to the HP site, India and US, well, unlike the Dell site, I couldn’t find the tech specs nor a good photo of the laptop, also there is not a single review on the international boards about this laptop, it sort of seems like it didn’t do well on the market there and they just dumped it here? Am I wrong? Can someone get me an online review?
I read a few pages previous (on this laptop thread) someone who was very happy with his/her HP. Can you please tell me if you use this for graphics?
I know HP is better for graphics (actually I am presuming, because it sponsors the show “the engine room” on VH1. anyways, I f anyone can help me make my decision based on what I’m using the computer for.

Does anyone have any other HP models you can recommend for graphics artists?
Has anyone had Vista removed from their laptop, and had HP added and has anything happened to the functioning of said laptop?
Which really is better Ati or Nvidia?

Other than my choice that I have discussed above, does anyone have any experience with a laptop, that can be as good as a PC, or nearly as good, used for graphics?

thanks for taking the time to read my query, I hope someone can help me out J

achu_182

I am going to buy a Dell Studio 15, so this is my query-

I want to play the following Games: FIFA 09 (and if possible subsequent FIFAs), CS, NFS MW and GTA IV

Graphics Card + RAM: i have 2 options here(due to budget constraints)-
1. 3GB (1X1 + 1X2) DDR2 SDRAM with 256 MB ATI Mobility Radeon 3450HD
2. 4GB (2X2) DDR2 SDRAM with Intel GMA 4500MHD

Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo Processor P7350 (2.0GHz, 3MB Cache, 1066 MHz FSB)

320 GB SATA Hard Drive

Which GFX Card + RAM combination should i buy?

Thanx in advance!
Achyuth Sanjay

Ricky

Cyborg Agent
Go for mob. radeon 3450 HD and 3GB RAM and guess what.. you can most of the games at very good fps. Its a good VFM lappy Gfx card :)

Intel GMA 4500 is good but 3450HD is atleast 3 times better than it and GMA 4500 is no match to M Radeon 3450HD .

s_arka_r

Broken In
Can u guys suggest me a Lappie with great config. for 70k....
My prime concern is config n not the style quotient....
Altho i have thought of the Dell studio 17 or the XPS 1530 as good choices.....
but i needed to kno if i have any more choices there.....

Mike84

Broken In
Hmm... well, dv5 1016tx would be good. 69K

centrino 2 GHz 9600GT(512MB DDR2) 3GB 250GB FP reader wifi blue ray webcam.
15" screen.. and pretty cool looks

pretty good config if u ask me.

tanvir

hi
i have a hp pavilion dv 6516tx laptop.....i brought it last year...but now a days i am facing few problems with the battey....the battery life i am getting is only for 45min - 1 hr max......is there anyway i can increase my battery life...mine's a 6 cell lithium battery....
please help me....

Anurg

Broken In
Can anybody suggest a good laptop for 50K. I will mostly play games on it.

Hey guys i wanna buy a laptop with 9600m GT.Budget 50K-55K.

Last edited:

vamsi360

Always confused
Can anybody suggest a good laptop for 50K. I will mostly play games on it.

Hey guys i wanna buy a laptop with 9600m GT.Budget 50K-55K.

Brother 9600GT laptops are not present yet in any country. But you can get DELL M1530 with 8600GT graphics starting at 53000. Choose a good processor atleast 2.2Ghz for good gaming experience.

I find that all popular version of DELL are available through their dealers on the spot !

You are lucky one year back people have to buy in the internet to get DELL. I too bought my lappy via internet.

Vibhu12

Hi Guys, me just joined dis forum....

I want to buy a good gaming laptop and 80k is my budget...I stay at hostel so cannot buy a desktop.have considered the following, kindly give me ur expert opinions and views:

1.) Acer 8920g - 18.4" HD screen, blue-ray, 5.1 speakers, nvidia 9600GT 512
2.) HP dv5-1016TX- 15.4", bluray, nvidia 9600GT 512
3.)Dell XPS 1530

Guys please help me out, dere's an offer wid pavalion dats gets u a philips 5.1 home theatre system worth RS.10,500 only fr dis month, so if i hv to buy a d hp 1016tx, will hv to buy it by d end of this month.

All help greatly appreciated.

Vibhu12

Guys...me bought the hp dv5 1016tx....but it gets heated up really fast....any of d other owners experienced it???

plz lemme know wat to do..or is dere any problem wid my laptop.....

jax_diu

Broken In
hello frienddssss...
i want to buy a new laptop which would be about 45k.
and which have 2gb ram, 260gb sata,grafic card for latest games,higher than 2 giga heartz...
pls give me full detail.....
thanx.....

Top Bottom