All laptop related queries here!!!

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
I WANNA BUY A LAPTOP AND MY BUDGET IS UPTO 40,000 AND I PREFER HP OVER DELL . SOMEBODY HELP.
PURPOSE IS-CASUAL TO MID LEVEL GAMING AND SOME MULTIMEDIA , USB 3.0 PORT MUST!!!!:smile:

If you prefer Dell, check Dell Inspiron 15R. If you can up your budget a bit, you can get XPS 15.

r4gs

In the zone
Hi,

I need a laptop with the following specs.....

Quite simply,

The cheapest possible netbook with discrete graphics capable of 1080p video output to TV (HDMI out)

Detailed requirements:-

1) What is your budget? (INR or USD)
1) Budget is not an issue, so if you think an Alienware M11x is the one to go for, then don't hesitate to suggest it. Though I would prefer not to be that extravagant unless I have to.

2) What size notebook would you prefer?
2) Netbook or ultra-lightweight and small laptop

3) Which country will you buying this notebook?
3) Purchase in India

4) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
4) Any brand. Preferably Lenovo.

5) What are the primary tasks you will be performing with this notebook?
5) Usage:- Sort of like a HTPC with mild gaming. (COD4 multi mostly)

6) Will you be taking the notebook with you to different places, leaving it on your desk or both?
6) I'll be taking it all over the place.

7) Will you be playing games on your notebook? If so, please state which games or types of games?
7) Yes. Modern Warfare and Starcraft 2.

8) How many hours of battery life do you need?
8) I'm not going to be playing on the move or something, so about 2hrs of browsing, etc. on battery should be fine.

9) Would you prefer to see the notebooks you're considering before purchasing it or buying a notebook on-line without seeing it is OK?
9) Either way is fine.

10) What OS do you prefer? Windows (XP or Vista or Windows 7), Mac OS, Linux, etc.
10) Any. Win7 preferred but can do without it.

11) What screen resolution(s) would you prefer?
11) Resolution doesn't matter.

Notes:- I am given to understand that the nvidia ion processor is good for graphics. Any thoughts on that? Will COD4 and SC2 run?

Gaming isn't the priority, but it would be a big bonus if the 2 games specified above would run.

alienware

Right off the assembly line
New Laptop

I need a good performance laptop (i7, RAM >4GB, HDD 500GB+ 7200 RPM, HD display).

I need to run multiple OS at the same time in Virtual Machine for my work so I need fast hard disk and lot of RAM. I am not into gaming but want a laptop with good sound quality that can play HD movies and a battery backup of at least 2.5 hours.

Are Nvidia 525M and 540M GPUs good for playing Blue Ray movies.

Maximum budget is 70,000 Rs

Multiple suggestions will be appreciated.

bighunkhacker

Hi all!!!!!

I am new to this forum. I am going to join an MBA course shortly and I need to buy a laptop under 55k. I have shortlisted the following:

1) HP DV6-6017TX :smile:
2) HP DV6-6121TX :smile:
3) Lenovo Y570p :smile:
4) Dell XPS 15 :|

I want an i7 2nd gen. processor, minimum 500GB of hard drive, minimum 4GB of RAM, a decent graphics card like the one in lenovo Y570p (Nvidia GT 555M), a 15" screen and good sound. I play games lke COD-BO, GRID, NFS-HP, Shift2, Assassin's Creed, etc.:smile:

Please help me out as I am going to buy in the second week of July,2011. Also I have another question. Is the Lenovo Y570p available in India or not? The lenovo website does not have updated models (2nd gen.). If not, when I can expect to have Lenovo i7 2nd gen. in India. The USA website of Lenovo has updated models with very attractive price range. And I personally fell in love with the Lenovo Y570p.:smile:
*cdn.slashgear.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/Y570_hero_04.jpg

Check out this:

Lenovo - United States - 086226U :smile:

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Welcome to ThinkDigit Forum :)

Get a XPS 15 with gt 540m 2 gb laptop
Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium SP1 64bit (English)
2nd generation Intel® Core™ i5-2410M processor 2.30 GHz with Turbo Boost 2.0 up to 2.90 GHz
McAfee(R) Security Center - 30 Days Trial Version
15.6" (39.6cm) HD (1366x768) WLED display with TrueLife™
6GB 1333MHz DDR3 SDRAM (1 x 2GB + 1 x 4GB)
500GB 7200RPM Hard Drive
Tray Load 8X DVD+/-RW Drive with DVD+R double layer write capability
2GB NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 540M graphics with Optimus
6 Cell Primary Battery
Intel® Centrino® Wireless-N 1030 with Bluetooth v3.0+HS
Dell™ Standard Keyboard (English)

costs- Rs54,605
The Dell Online Store: Build Your System

bighunkhacker

Welcome to ThinkDigit Forum :)

Get a XPS 15 with gt 540m 2 gb laptop
Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium SP1 64bit (English)
2nd generation Intel® Core™ i5-2410M processor 2.30 GHz with Turbo Boost 2.0 up to 2.90 GHz
McAfee(R) Security Center - 30 Days Trial Version
15.6" (39.6cm) HD (1366x768) WLED display with TrueLife™
6GB 1333MHz DDR3 SDRAM (1 x 2GB + 1 x 4GB)
500GB 7200RPM Hard Drive
Tray Load 8X DVD+/-RW Drive with DVD+R double layer write capability
2GB NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 540M graphics with Optimus
6 Cell Primary Battery
Intel® Centrino® Wireless-N 1030 with Bluetooth v3.0+HS
Dell™ Standard Keyboard (English)

costs- Rs54,605
The Dell Online Store: Build Your System

I appreciate ur concern. But as u would have read my post, I need a core i7 2nd gen laptop not i5. Can u please suggest sum laptops with i7 2nd gen.
Thank you.

Hello to all,
I'm planning to buy a laptop for gaming and multimedia purpose.

Budget is under 40k.

I want an i5 proccy,min 500gb,4gb ram,15"display and a decent gfx to play games like MOH,Metro2033,Mafia2,Farcry2,Hawx,CODmw,GTA4 & AC1,2.

Please help.Planning to buy next month.

Also, i'll be buying online so please suggest some good,reliable online site.

bighunkhacker

6770M will be able to play those games. 6770m is a better card than GT540m

Do u have any idea when will the Lenovo Y570 be available in India? It has great specs. Chech this out.

Lenovo - Enhance your IdeaPad Y570 Laptop - 086228U - Dusk Black (with 2.0MP Camera, 750GB + 64GB Rapid Drive, HDMI, and USB 3.0): Limited Time Offer :smile:

aadi24

Hey everybody,
:!: well its a bit weird to talk about it here but, can someone tell me some way to repair the dead pixels on the screen!
I own a Hp G-series laptop and it has 6-7 dead pixels on screen. Will i have to go for a screen change? its not under warranty anymore. I will really appreciate any help..and also any info regarding the cost involved..:C_lolweak:

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Read 5 ways to fix the pixel at this link.
Click here -> 5 Ways To Fix A Stuck Pixel On Your Screen

If it fails, take it to authorized dealer.

giprabu

In the zone
^^ an off topic question...

is it possible to replace a hd-glare screen with an anti-glare one ? and also is there any chance that the display quality of the newer one will be better than the older one..?

vehlaman1

Do u have any idea when will the Lenovo Y570 be available in India? It has great specs. Chech this out.

Lenovo - Enhance your IdeaPad Y570 Laptop - 086228U - Dusk Black (with 2.0MP Camera, 750GB + 64GB Rapid Drive, HDMI, and USB 3.0): Limited Time Offer :smile:

Does anyone have any idea about the Lenovo Y570?
It has a GT 555M

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Digits own Consumermate.com has predicted a launch date of May 20, 2011 for Y570

Have a look at this link- Lenovo IdeaPad Y570 Price India – Buy Lenovo IdeaPad Y570 Laptop Price in India

Top Bottom