All laptop related queries here!!!

Aryan

Broken In
Thanks for quick reply.
I will get it.
But what about the screen?
I will upgrade either 8GB Ram or Full HD Screen.
Please advice.
Im only into fun gaming and not highest quality gaming.
And I won't be watching movies in my laptop.
Thanks again for the reply.

And also can you tell me about mouse? Because according to online reviews, the trackpad of M17x R3 is not up to the mark. And for playing FPS games, I need to get a mouse. And I was thinking Logitech Mx518 or Logitech Wireless mouse+Keyboard Combo. Which will be better? Will there be lots of lags in wireless Keyboard/Mouse?

Will I notice the lags? And will it hinder my gameplay?

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
^^

Aryan, I reccomend you to use a wired keyboard and mouse. They will be lot better.

You may use 6 GB RAM and upgrade to FULL HD screen.

Aryan said:
Will I notice the lags? And will it hinder my gameplay?

I don't think so

NainO

Believe Me or Not!!!
@Aryan
* No need to go for 8GB, 4GB would suffice for your need(s). Higher amount of RAM doesnt mean better performance. And extra RAM can also be purchased later.
* As you are gonna buy a high-end laptop, it's better to opt for Full HD (1920*1080) screen.
* FPS games are not meant to be played on laptops trackpad. Your choice of Logitech MX518 is very good. An oridnary mice cannot be compared with a renowned gaming mice. For keyboard the stock laptop keyboard is good enough.
* Wireless mices can be used for gaming (without lag), but still they are not as usable as wired mices.

Aryan

Broken In
Hi Guys ..
Thanks for the reply.
I was going to buy the Alienware M17x R3 but yesterday I found that new Alienware Laptop M18x and M14x are going to be released at the end of april. So I am thinking about waiting for May and after looking for reviews online, go for a kill. What do you suggest? I dont want to buy a laptop today for 150000 and see a better performing config for same price after a month...
One year would be fair but better config for same price after a month is unjustified don't you think?

Last edited:

Chetan1991

Youngling
Hello. My friend wants to buy a laptop for multimedia and catia. His budget is limited to INR 30k, and he wants portability but not at the cost of not having an optical drive (so 14" is the max size). I think the new laptops with AMD fusion APUs are the best suited for him. Please suggest us the best options under the budget.

dheeaj07

Right off the assembly line
guys,
i am planning to buy a dell xps 15 laptop with an i7-2630qm processor,2gb nvidia graphics card,but d kol showroom isnt of any help,n i m also very skeptical for online transaction,so can u help me out wid any other options...

since i want to buy d laptop mostly for gamin but also i dont have a budget for sometin like alienware..

plzz help me out..

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Chetan1991 said:
Hello. My friend wants to buy a laptop
for multimedia and catia. His budget is
limited to INR 30k, and he wants
portability but not at the cost of not
having an optical drive (so 14" is the
max size). I think the new laptops with AMD fusion APUs are the best
suited for him. Please suggest us the
best options under the budget
Hello Chetan.
It would be good if budget can be increased a little.
At Rs.38000 you would get Acer 5732g which has a proper i3 proccesor and a Nvidia Gt-540m.

You can also choose Lenovo Z570. It would be properly future proof as its got new gen Sandy Bridge proccesors. You also get 1gb Nvidia or Amd gpu.
dheeaj07 said:
guys,
i am planning to buy a dell xps 15
laptop with an i7-2630qm
processor,2gb nvidia graphics
card,but d kol showroom isnt of any
help,n i m also very skeptical for online transaction,so can u help me out wid
any other options... since i want to buy d laptop mostly for
gamin but also i dont have a budget
for sometin like alienware.. plzz help me out..
Welcome to Tdf Dheejaj.

I reccomend you call Dell at their toll free number(customer care) @ 18004254005
Tell them your config and all other info.
They will get it shipped to a Dell outlet near you.
Pay the money to outlet and get your laptop.

rajeevk

Journeyman
Hi!!!
I am a bit confused on which laptop to buy.:)
I want to play games and all ....and my budget is 45-50K.
Can anyone help me out. I don't wanna go for ACER, LENOVO, COMPAQ.

--Anik8
India.

If you can pay some more rupees then Dell XPS 15 is really a good option.

Cool PC Guy Ken

Extreme Poster
HeyAll ...
I am going to buy a laptop and so I need your suggestions on the config .
Budget- around 70k
Purpose- watching movies, playing games in high settings like crysis 2, cod,nfs etc
Preference - should be good looking, must have a decent gpu, sandy bridge processor.
Time of buying-around 2 weeks or so and I can wait for some more time if it is worth it.
I have sorted out Dell xps 15 and further customized it to a core i7 2630, 6 gb ram , hd screen etc.
I have heard the service of Dell and hp is not good. PlZ verify and suggest me A good config
Thanx

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Dell and Hp service is good. Dont worry.
The config you mentioned is good.
I further reccomend you to custotomise and add 9 cellbattery , backlit keyboard and dedicated GPU.

ramzsys

Broken In
I am a student and i need to buy a notebook.
Budget is limited to 22k.

I went through the deltapage website and have shortlisted three models, all having 14/15.6 inch screen.

1) Samsung Rv 508 A01IN
2) Acer aspire 4738z
3) e machines E732z
4) Toshiba C660 P5012

Kindly help me choose. I work in a non AC environment, hence heat is also a concern.

Thanks.
ramzsys

NainO

Believe Me or Not!!!
I am a student and i need to buy a notebook.
Budget is limited to 22k.

I went through the deltapage website and have shortlisted three models, all having 14/15.6 inch screen.

1) Samsung Rv 508 A01IN
2) Acer aspire 4738z
3) e machines E732z
4) Toshiba C660 P5012

Kindly help me choose. I work in a non AC environment, hence heat is also a concern.

Thanks.
ramzsys

First of all, try to provide links too :)

In given options
* Samsung has highest CPU clock cycle; T4500 @ 2.3GHz. But Toshiba; P6200 @ 2.13GHz still performs better.
* Aspire has highest capacity HDD; 500GB
---> So, if you want speed go for Toshiba one. If more space is required go for Aspire.

Personally, I will choose Toshiba.

All these use Intel Pentium Dual Core and generally run hot. Since you arent workin' in AC, all you can do is make sure that laptop is placed at rigid surface (to ensure proper ventilation).

PS - I Googled these laptops. Was unable to find these on the "deltapage" website you mentioned :-( Hope I Googled right :)

virendrashah7

Hi All,
Need to buy a Laptop for LINUX development

Specifications as follows
11' to 14' screen
For Linux Driver Development
will need to travel so portable (light weight)
3-4 hrs of batter life at-least
Linux OS
Multicore processor
3-4 GB RAM
DVD R/W
Wireless connectivity
parallel and serial Ports
Budget below 50000

Guys need this one for Driver Development on Linux

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
hmm. Given your requirement, I would suggest one of these:

1. Macbook 13
2. Sony Vaio VPCS133GN/B (weights 2kgs and gives 4hr battery on normal use and can extend it to 6hrs with 9-cell battery)
3. Sony Vaio VPCYA17GG/B (1.5kgs)

ramzsys

Broken In
First of all, try to provide links too :)

PS - I Googled these laptops. Was unable to find these on the "deltapage" website you mentioned :-( Hope I Googled right :)

*www.deltapage.com/list/laptop.pdf

This gives the specifications too. Because of the heat issues i was searching for an atom + 14/15 inch screen combination, but i didnt get any.

thanks bro.. if nothing else works will go for the toshiba.

riku4u

Hiee!!!

i wanna buy a laptop specifically for karaoke sound recording.....below are wht i need

Mah budget is 40000 to 45000 Rs.
14" screen size
preferable on windows 7
core i5 or i7
2-3 gb ram
500 Gb HDD
most importantly it should support stereo mix and microphone together
should have very good sound card

Hoping someone would suggest ....

thaknss in advance

GOD Bless!!!!

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
do you want to be able to do casual gaming on the laptop.

Look at Lenovo Z570

but for you're purpose its best to go for a low end desktop with a sound card.

believethehype4

hey guys. I'd really appreciate some help here. i'm bvuying a new laptop. budget rs 36000. Nvidia or ATI graphics necessary. dx11 card would be nice. if not, dx 10.1 will do. please help. i game a lot.

Top Bottom