All laptop related queries here!!!

NIGHTMARE

ANGEL OF DEATH
Hi
I am looking to buy a laptop.
1) What is your budget? (INR or USD)
Upto 80000

2) What size & weight consideration (if any) would you prefer?

Mainstream; 15" - 16" screen
Desktop Replacement; 17"+ screen

3) What are the primary tasks you will be performing with this notebook?
Basically my preference is for the laptop that can run the software like 3ds Max(2017),ZBrush,Photoshop,Substance Painter,. Mostly these kind of sftwr. Also I was looking for laptop that can run the games like Far CRy 5,Assassin Creed series.

5) Any typical configuration in your mind you're eying for ?
No. Whatever is the best possible.

4) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
Nope I am open to all the brands. However my friend suggested me the MEDION ERAZER. I looked it up and find it suitable in my price range and need, but I was not sure about it as I looked thoroughly for ther dealers and service center in INDIA, but there were none. So I was not sure whether to go for it or not.

6) Anything else you would like to say?
Nope

Check for Clevo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
1) What is your budget? 35-40k need a laptop for my sister.

2) What size & weight consideration (if any) would you prefer
  • Mainstream; 15" - 16" screen

3) What are the primary tasks you will be performing with this notebook?
Web browsing, movies, ms word excel,

5) Any typical configuration in your mind you're eying for ?
8/4 GB ram, i5 if possible
I know acer aspire 5 is the best laptop right now in this price range but I need one with HD display.

4) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
a. Like:
b. Dislike:

6) Anything else you would like to say?
  • Screen resolution ( 768p (HD) / 900p / 1080p (Full HD) )
  • Battery back up ( normal (3-4hrs) / extended (5-7hrs) )
  • Purchase place ( Online (eg - flipkart, infibeam)/ Local / Abroad (do mention the country) )
HP 15-bs145tu 15.6-inch FHD Laptop (8th Gen Intel Core i5-8250U/8GB/1TB/Free DOS/Integrated Graphics), Sparkling Black @ 39K
*www.amazon.in/dp/B078LQ1W9Q/ref=psdc_1375424031_t1_B078MLBQDM

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
My laptop is hanging like anything. Dell Inspiron 5558 (the one in my signature). Does a Macbook run fast , if yes, which one to buy? Storage should be atleast 256 GB. I can live with low storage if performance is excellent.

icebags

Technomancer
Anything under 15K running Win10 Home?

all of the sub 15k stuff are 32gb flash based preinstalled win10 ones with fixed 2gb ram (except one or 2 acer linux models that i bought few months ago). they are good for portability and reading stuff on the go, or in bed. but if you want to see videos on you tube, the cpu usage may go ~50% and battery may drain a little fast.

what is your purpose for those ?

maverick121

Journeyman
I am planning to buy a MacBook Pro 15 , my main purpose will be coding,editing photos.I am prefering a MacBook because I need to develop applications for Mac OS, I will also be working on Windows apps and I will be using bootcamp to run Windows side by side.I need the 15 inch version because I need the screen space to code.The model I'm looking to buy is MPTR2HN/A which costs around 180000.
I need OSX High Sierra and portability and I cannot carry 2 laptops to run windows and osx.I need to get some financing for this,is the pricing justified what do you think ?

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
I am planning to buy a MacBook Pro 15 , my main purpose will be coding,editing photos.I am prefering a MacBook because I need to develop applications for Mac OS, I will also be working on Windows apps and I will be using bootcamp to run Windows side by side.I need the 15 inch version because I need the screen space to code.The model I'm looking to buy is MPTR2HN/A which costs around 180000.
I need OSX High Sierra and portability and I cannot carry 2 laptops to run windows and osx.I need to get some financing for this,is the pricing justified what do you think ?

From a hardware perspective, is the pricing justified? No way.
Do you have any other option since you want to develop apps for both Mac and Windows? No.
Is the price reasonable for that particular model? Maybe.
Do you have any other option, if you want the 15" model and not willing to import? No.

maverick121

Journeyman
From a hardware perspective, is the pricing justified? No way.
Do you have any other option since you want to develop apps for both Mac and Windows? No.
Is the price reasonable for that particular model? Maybe.
Do you have any other option, if you want the 15" model and not willing to import? No.
I can get an outdated Macmini for Much lesser price but it will be a waste (i guess) as it's not portable and outdated specs.What do you think about Macbook Air.This will be a replacement for my Asus R558UR Laptop.I could use an iMac or an older version of Macbook Pro but it will cost nearly 125000

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
I can get an outdated Macmini for Much lesser price but it will be a waste (i guess) as it's not portable and outdated specs.What do you think about Macbook Air.This will be a replacement for my Asus R558UR Laptop.I could use an iMac or an older version of Macbook Pro but it will cost nearly 125000

Macbook air hasn't been updated in years. It is a worse product than other macbooks.

suvajit

Broken In
I have been using HP G6-2005 AX laptop from 2012 until recently when it went off. On visiting the local service centre (laptop is out of warranty), the service guy after checking told that replacing the power IC will solve the problem. Yesterday he called & said that changing the power IC had not solved the problem & the motherboard needs to get replaced. Is it worth spending 8-9 k for getting a new motherboard, that too for a 6 year old lap? Can I use the lap's hard drive in case I want to get a new desktop system?

NIGHTMARE

ANGEL OF DEATH
I have been using HP G6-2005 AX laptop from 2012 until recently when it went off. On visiting the local service centre (laptop is out of warranty), the service guy after checking told that replacing the power IC will solve the problem. Yesterday he called & said that changing the power IC had not solved the problem & the motherboard needs to get replaced. Is it worth spending 8-9 k for getting a new motherboard, that too for a 6 year old lap? Can I use the lap's hard drive in case I want to get a new desktop system?

Yes just buy a bracket it will like 20₹ to 50₹

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Don't spend 9k on a 6 years old laptop.Better save money & buy a new laptop later.You can use laptop hdd in desktop but it will be too slow as system/OS drive so better use it in a case as portable external hdd.

Top Bottom