All laptop related queries here!!!

suvrajeet

Broken In
Hi guys, Please help me out with this query. I am moving to Germany in a month and I need to buy a new laptop. I am confused if i should buy one here or buy after going there. I am getting mixed responses from friends so am confused. My main concern is the warranty. Thanks for the help.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
You will always get a much better laptop for same price abroad(developed nations/financial centres). Warranty is usually for a year so if you plan to stay in Germany for that long then it is a no-brainer.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
I have bought a MSI GL62M 7REX (i5 7300HQ) Gaming Laptop from Singapore.
How can I avail Warranty here in India? I know that MSI does not provide international warranty.
But can I buy extended warranty from 3rd parties who offer?
If so who are best in providing Laptop warranty in India?
Please reply asap.
Thanks,
bssunil

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
I have bought a MSI GL62M 7REX (i5 7300HQ) Gaming Laptop from Singapore.
How can I avail Warranty here in India? I know that MSI does not provide international warranty.
But can I buy extended warranty from 3rd parties who offer?
If so who are best in providing Laptop warranty in India?
Please reply asap.
Thanks,
bssunil
Your seller would know about it better.

sonus4ever

New to this forum
Hi
I am looking to buy a laptop.
1) What is your budget? (INR or USD)
Upto 80000

2) What size & weight consideration (if any) would you prefer?

Mainstream; 15" - 16" screen
Desktop Replacement; 17"+ screen

3) What are the primary tasks you will be performing with this notebook?
Basically my preference is for the laptop that can run the software like 3ds Max(2017),ZBrush,Photoshop,Substance Painter,. Mostly these kind of sftwr. Also I was looking for laptop that can run the games like Far CRy 5,Assassin Creed series.

5) Any typical configuration in your mind you're eying for ?
No. Whatever is the best possible.

4) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
Nope I am open to all the brands. However my friend suggested me the MEDION ERAZER. I looked it up and find it suitable in my price range and need, but I was not sure about it as I looked thoroughly for ther dealers and service center in INDIA, but there were none. So I was not sure whether to go for it or not.

6) Anything else you would like to say?
Nope

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Hi
I am looking to buy a laptop.
1) What is your budget? (INR or USD)
Upto 80000

2) What size & weight consideration (if any) would you prefer?

Mainstream; 15" - 16" screen
Desktop Replacement; 17"+ screen

Basically my preference is for the laptop that can run the software like 3ds Max(2017),ZBrush,Photoshop,Substance Painter,. Mostly these kind of sftwr. Also I was looking for laptop that can run the games like Far CRy 5,Assassin Creed series.

No. Whatever is the best possible.

Nope I am open to all the brands. However my friend suggested me the MEDION ERAZER. I looked it up and find it suitable in my price range and need, but I was not sure about it as I looked thoroughly for ther dealers and service center in INDIA, but there were none. So I was not sure whether to go for it or not.

Nope
MSI GL Series Core i7 7th Gen - (8 GB/1 TB HDD/128 GB SSD/Windows 10 Home/4 GB Graphics) GV72 7RE-1464IN Laptop (17.3 inch, Grey, 2.7 kg)
MSI GL Series Core i7 7th Gen - (8 GB/1 TB HDD/128 GB SSD/Windows 10 Home/4 GB Graphics) GV72 7RE-1464IN Laptop Rs.81990 Price in India - Buy MSI GL Series Core i7 7th Gen - (8 GB/1 TB HDD/128 GB SSD/Windows 10 Home/4 GB Graphics) GV72 7RE-1464IN Laptop Grey Online - MSI : Flipkart.com

AANKIT GIRI

Right off the assembly line
I have a Dell Vostro 3446, bought in 2014. Now it was a good machine back then,i5 4th Gen Intel processor, 4gb DDR 1333mhz ram and a 500gb HDD with Nvidia 820m.
Now,I don't need a laptop for casusluse anymore. And I run burp suite (a Java based proxy tool which at times takes 2-4gb ram), or a Kali Linux virtual box, mild usage of android studio to run debug for applications. To be starightforward,I am not into application development,but I am a pentester or web application security testing guy.
So,shall I upgrade my ram to a 8gb 1333mhz from Kingston or some other good brand? There is only one ram stick slot,so I have to get rid of the older stick and buy a new one. This will cost me around 5k. Is that a sensible investment? And continue using this laptop. Or should I move away from this machine and look for a future proof and goodgood machine in the range of 50-60k.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Are you able to push your processor usage beyond 80-90% for extended duration?If not then keep using it after adding ram &,if possible,a ssd.

hot1994

*www.amazon.in/dp/B079J96TLP/ref=cm_sw_r_wa_apa_i_c1nXAb0S27WD0

Just saw this on Amazon 15k discount
It says 1050ti but other sites are showing 1050. Can someone confirm.
And is it worth buying as i am not going to use for 2 months personal reason so should I wait or go ahead with it.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
As per this,the one with i5 7300HQ comes with 1050Ti.
Laptops | View All Our Laptops | Acer Solutions

Usually once a month or so there is a offer on acer gaming laptops on flipkart under which one can get a 1050Ti gaming laptop for ~60k & 1060 laptop for ~80k.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
*www.amazon.in/dp/B079J96TLP/ref=cm_sw_r_wa_apa_i_c1nXAb0S27WD0

Just saw this on Amazon 15k discount
It says 1050ti but other sites are showing 1050. Can someone confirm.
And is it worth buying as i am not going to use for 2 months personal reason so should I wait or go ahead with it.
Wait for laptops with 8th gen H proccys to hit the Indian market. Don't go below 1050Ti and fill the questionnaire as well.

hot1994

1) What is your budget? 35-40k need a laptop for my sister.

2) What size & weight consideration (if any) would you prefer
  • Mainstream; 15" - 16" screen

Web browsing, movies, ms word excel,

8/4 GB ram, i5 if possible
I know acer aspire 5 is the best laptop right now in this price range but I need one with HD display.

a. Like:
b. Dislike:

• Screen resolution ( 768p (HD) / 900p / 1080p (Full HD) )
  • Battery back up ( normal (3-4hrs) / extended (5-7hrs) )
  • Purchase place ( Online (eg - flipkart, infibeam)/ Local / Abroad (do mention the country) )

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
1) What is your budget? 35-40k need a laptop for my sister.

2) What size & weight consideration (if any) would you prefer
  • Mainstream; 15" - 16" screen

Web browsing, movies, ms word excel,

8/4 GB ram, i5 if possible
I know acer aspire 5 is the best laptop right now in this price range but I need one with HD display.

a. Like:
b. Dislike:

• Screen resolution ( 768p (HD) / 900p / 1080p (Full HD) )
  • Battery back up ( normal (3-4hrs) / extended (5-7hrs) )
  • Purchase place ( Online (eg - flipkart, infibeam)/ Local / Abroad (do mention the country) )

HP 15- BS180TX on paytm
Probably your best option in the budget (post cashback). Every laptop has a HD screen these days. Acer's build quality is not upto the mark in India.

hot1994

HP 15- BS180TX on paytm
Probably your best option in the budget (post cashback). Every laptop has a HD screen these days. Acer's build quality is not upto the mark in India.

I have never bought from paytm are they trustworthy. Also I have had bad experience with hp. Is there any dell or Lenovo laptop if not then I will go for this one and I forgot to mention I want windows if possible.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
I have never bought from paytm are they trustworthy. Also I have had bad experience with hp. Is there any dell or Lenovo laptop if not then I will go for this one and I forgot to mention I want windows if possible.
I would've suggested an Asus laptop but those are not in your budget. You have to sacrifice on windows if you want 8GB ram and i5-8250U in your budget.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
OK then np on win I will Install it myself I can extend my budget to 45k
Since your sister won't be needing a GPU:
Buy Lenovo IdeaPad 320 81BG00SLIN 39.62 cm (15.6 Inch) FHD Laptop (8th Gen Core i5-8250U/8GB/1TB/Windows 10) (Platinum Grey) Online at Low Prices in India - Paytmmall.com

Do note that instead of trying to remove bloatware from a new laptop, it is better to just do a clean install of the OS. You won't need to use pirated windows. Don't buy antivirus when free ones (not pirated) work good enough.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
I suggest buying only from "Brand Authorized Seller" on paytmmall for high value products like laptops.
upload_2018-4-5_15-48-28.png

Also don't buy just after seeing pics/videos,go to brand exclusive showrooms in your city(aka no chroma,reliance digital etc) to check these models personally.Something that looks good online(build quality,design etc) may not be as good in reality.You may also get better warranty deals in offline shops,if available prefer those instead of saving a few thousands on buying from online shops.

Top Bottom