All laptop related queries here!!!

rohitshakti2

In the zone
Why are you comparing laptop with TVs?

Sorry wrongly put different link.

It is here and also given above... If any of the given below link is good, then can you rate the Acer one and these as 1,2 & 3. A friend of mine also told me that HP laptops get hot very soon as they have low quality fans, how true is it for laptops from USA?

And will I get any coupons if I buy these on 4th July in USA and if yes, from where? Are there any laptops of 8th Genration with only DoS or linux as it will reduce the cost of OS and I could get better hardware....

Would be obliged.

HP 15z Laptop: Ryzen 5 2500U, 15.6" 1080p, 1TB HDD, 8GB DDR4, Win 10 $390 after $100 Slickdeals PayPal Rebate + Free S&H

and

HP Laptop - 15z touch optional| HP® Official Store

Last edited:

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Don't know about acer one but the ryzen 5 2500u processor in that hp laptop is almost as as good as a core i5 8250u processor so on that point alone the 1st hp15z model with ryzen 5 2500u beats other models hands down.

rohitshakti2

In the zone
Don't know about acer one but the ryzen 5 2500u processor in that hp laptop is almost as as good as a core i5 8250u processor so on that point alone the 1st hp15z model with ryzen 5 2500u beats other models hands down.

Does that mean this hp laptop is better than Asus or....?

And is it true that hp laptop heat up quickly due to low speed fans.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yes,hp laptop with ryzen 5 2500u is much better asus laptop with A10 5750m processor.

First of all it sounds like a rumor considering HP sells most laptops in India as well as world.Sure some models of HP may have this issue but chances of all of them having this issue is realistically zero.Second,processors nowadays are very power efficient so they don't require as much cooling as older processors.This factor is significant only when considering gaming laptops with decent gfx cards as only they are capable of generating that much heat which requires a good cooling system else it may shorten the life of components.

rohitshakti2

In the zone
In would suggest a budget between 400 to $ 500. Anything below that is compromise on features. See this. Hp laptop for $390

HP 15z Laptop: Ryzen 5 2500U, 15.6" 1080p, 1TB HDD, 8GB DDR4, Win 10 $390 after $100 Slickdeals PayPal Rebate + Free S&H*uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180623/aa7d8a97f28671fa07b4613071b265db.jpg

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk

My bad, the deal finished. Will be buying something like this on 03rd or 4th July and as suggested, may get some good deals.

I will be obliged if you could help me at that time.

Thanks to you and whitestar_999 who helped at every step.

Regards

Last edited:

aniketdawn.89

Wise Old Owl
Hi Guys, I am going to upgrade my existing y50. It's been faithful to me for 3.5 years now. Looking for some suggestions:

Budget: 1.5L-1.7L
Use: Gaming(Witcher 3, Cyberpunk, Fallout 4, etc), Visual Studio, Unengine, FHD videos
Planning to buy in August 2018

I reached out to Azom for a quote and I received one with the below configuration:

Clevo P750TM1
1080p 60Hz IPS matte panel
Gtx 1070 8GB mxm
i5 8600K desktop cpu
16gb 2666MHz DDR4 ram
M.2 pcie 240 GB SSD (OS storage)
Intel AC 8265 dual band + BT4.2
QC Killer gigabit Ethernet lan
Sound blaster xpro gaming 360
Win 10 pro
1 year on site warranty
Quote: 1.7L (including 18% gst)

Will upgrade the main storage with an SSD later on as I did not want to add an HDD.

Online options with similar or worse configs are available in India at higher rates starting at 1.69L for the MSI GE on Flipkart.

Open to suggestions.

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

NIGHTMARE

ANGEL OF DEATH
Hi Guys, I am going to upgrade my existing y50. It's been faithful to me for 3.5 years now. Looking for some suggestions:

Budget: 1.5L-1.7L
Use: Gaming(Witcher 3, Cyberpunk, Fallout 4, etc), Visual Studio, Unengine, FHD videos
Planning to buy in August 2018

I reached out to Azom for a quote and I received one with the below configuration:

Clevo P750TM1
1080p 60Hz IPS matte panel
Gtx 1070 8GB mxm
i5 8600K desktop cpu
16gb 2666MHz DDR4 ram
M.2 pcie 240 GB SSD (OS storage)
Intel AC 8265 dual band + BT4.2
QC Killer gigabit Ethernet lan
Sound blaster xpro gaming 360
Win 10 pro
1 year on site warranty
Quote: 1.7L (including 18% gst)

Will upgrade the main storage with an SSD later on as I did not want to add an HDD.

Online options with similar or worse configs are available in India at higher rates starting at 1.69L for the MSI GE on Flipkart.

Open to suggestions.

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

Try to get P870TM1 barebone because 8600K will be run hotter and even its delied CPU

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

dissel

Cyborg Agent
Hello experts, I like to get on your opinions about Ryzen 2500U <- Is this one any good for running software like Adobe Premiere Pro, After Effects & Illustrator?
Not all at the same time...Also looking for 4k video preview at least.

There are absolutely zero needs for Gaming,

Models in mind from Acer and Dell offering here in India, No import possible.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
As per benchmarks it is almost equal to a i5 8250u so if both are available at similar price then better go for that one which has a better support for adobe products(e.g.intel graphics is much weaker compared to 2500u vega integrated graphics but if that isn't supported by adobe products then not much use for you as gaming is not a factor here).

dissel

Cyborg Agent
As per benchmarks it is almost equal to a i5 8250u so if both are available at similar price then better go for that one which has a better support for adobe products(e.g.intel graphics is much weaker compared to 2500u vega integrated graphics but if that isn't supported by adobe products then not much use for you as gaming is not a factor here).

Thanks, whitestar_999 for the compatible points, Found one page at AMD websites not sure though if they are applicable to vega igps.
Looks like Acer Laptops are initially feels very good and vfm but in the long run (not much longer though), those are going to fail...Dells are good but suffering heating issues and thus lead to restart/crash/freeze...all I gather from the user reviews at FK and AmZ IN.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Don't go simply by reading reviews but check for pattern & quality of reviews.Dell has the best after sales support but if you are in a metro city like delhi,mumbai,bangalore etc then probably every major brand has decent after sales support.Most modern laptops without gfx card can not possibly have heating issues in a decently cooled room(aka one in which you are not sweating) unless something is very wrong with their positioning(aka placing a laptop on lap whose air vents too are below thus blocking them in that position etc). Give more importance to those reviews that sound logical & not a rant(e.g. see this for reference Beware of the Standard Viewing Angle ).

Zephyr_23

Right off the assembly line
I am looking for a laptop in the range of 50-60k. I need it mainly for programming. I use Visual studio,eclipse,android studio etc. Occasionally I play medium graphic games like DOTA2 or CS GO. Is there any laptop within the range which can handle IDE's I mentioned above along with games like DOTA and CS ? I was looking to buy Acer Nitro 5(Acer Nitro 5 Core i5 7th Gen - (8 GB/1 TB HDD/Windows 10 Home/2 GB Graphics) AN515-51 Gaming Laptop Rs.57900 Price in India - Buy Acer Nitro 5 Core i5 7th Gen - (8 GB/1 TB HDD/Windows 10 Home/2 GB Graphics) AN515-51 Gaming Laptop Black Online - Acer : Flipkart.com). Is it ok ? The only con I found in this laptop is that the processor is 7th gen and not 8th gen.

Thanks.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^He won't be able to fully utilize it even in a 1lakh laptop if his workload does not demand NVMe(aka if you don't know whether your workload requires NVMe then you probably don't,of course if you have the money then it is your choice to buy it).

rohitshakti2

In the zone
Check newegg or amazon or bestbuy US sites.Frankly speaking though getting a laptop from USA for 20k is not something most people would even think about.It is mostly used for laptops costing 50-60k & more in USA which would cost(assuming same model is even available in India) here at least 30-50% more. Look for minimum i3 7th gen & 4gb ram(though 8gb recommended nowadays).

Does any of these look good for my son else is there any deal on the Acer one suggested by Anupam

Open-Box Electronics - Best Buy

Or this

Lenovo Ideapad 330S Laptop: 15" 1080p, i3-8130U, 6GB DDR4, 1TB HDD $349 + Free Shipping

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^That slickdeals offer is expired but that laptop is very good for its price(mainly 8th gen i3,fullHD 1080p screen(a rarity in India even with 50k laptops),ac wifi,win 10 home).If you can find a similar config for same price from any other major brand then go for it.

amn87

Broken In
Hi everyone. I am in desperate need of a new laptop. I would have much preferred a desktop but its not feasible as I am staying out-of-state currently.
I have searched wide and far but still confused.
My requirements:
1080p 8-bit IPS display(15.6" preferred) with at least 80% sRGB coverage,min. 1000:1 CR and 250 nits peak brightness(lower if matte or AG). Minor considerations- no PWM for backlight manipulation or sufficiently high so that it doesn't matter.
Easy to repair/upgrade with quick access to RAM,storage(M.2 slot for SSD a must-have;alright with just SATA) and battery(if possible) . I can upgrade to 16GB RAM later if and when prices fall down a bit.
Min. 6-7 hours of battery runtimes on light usage(web browsing over WiFi/no streaming or 1080p local media playback).
7th/8th gen. Quad Core (will have to give Ryzen a pass as esp. in notebooks their single-threaded perf. seems to lag significantly relative to Intel ).
Really don't want with a dGPU. Even the Intel iGPU is enough for Indie games and for heavier games I can fall back to my desktop. Plus the negative impact on battery life and thermals is not acceptable.
I am okay with importing one from overseas.
Max. budget Rs 80000.
Thanks for any help.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^Importing will cost you 35-40% more unless some friend/relative is willing to bring it here from USA by declaring it as their personal use laptop.Of course you won't get warranty either(except in a few cases/brands depending on parts/model availability etc).Just check newegg/amazon USA site & look for thin laptops(they usually have lower power consumption & higher battery runtime).

Top Bottom