All laptop related queries here!!!

Hrishi

I have an acer laptop sporting ( I feel a little ashamed when using this word but anyways ) , i-7 3610QM & GT640m. Performance wise it's pretty nice. However the chassis and display ( not even worthy of mention ) sucks big time. Worst than all the laptops I ever used . Had couple of laptops in few years , 2 from HP , one from Dell. But this one is just crap in build quality.

The ones which had 660m/650m too came with the same flimsy body and parts.
The only upside is the performance for price.

I seriously wouldn't recommend unless you are running in strict budget but need performance beast.

Edit : I looked at the nitro model , and it seems a nice and different delivery than their usual products.
If priced properly can be a nice catch. But again I speculate the ASS.

Last edited:

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
^ No mate,ACER is much better as is HP and ASUS. LENOVO is the super product (in Laptops/Notebooks).All other manufacturers are best.

The only worst manufacturer with the most crappy and sh!tty notebooks is "DELL". The company "AMD" and its products have already became non-existent.

insaneYLN

In the zone
Re: DDR3 SODIMM Memory Modules

Hello everyone.
:wave:

I am looking to purchase DDR3 memory modules for two of my laptops - HP Pavilion g6-1014sa and Acer Aspire V3-551. I am keen on having a configuration of 2x2GB for the HP laptop, and 2x4GB for the Acer laptop. I am strongly inclined towards Corsair's dual channel memory kits - CMSO4GX3M2A1333C9 (Corsair Memory — 4GB (2 x 2GB) DDR3 SODIMM Memory (CMSO4GX3M2A1333C9) and CMSO8GX3M2A1333C9 (Corsair Memory — 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 SODIMM Memory (CMSO8GX3M2A1333C9), because understandably, both laptops' motherboard would support dual channel architecture.
However, the said Corsair dual channel SODIMM memory modules are currently unavailable on Amazon India.
:blink:

I would like to know,
  • Should I drop the idea of dual channel kits and settle for Corsair's single channel modules - CMSO2GX3M1A1333C9 and CMSO4GX3M1A1333C9, but regardless, keeping the aforementioned configuration?
  • Is there any other (reliable) online retailer that sells the initially mentioned, Corsair dual channel kits?
  • Should I forget about Corsair and consider another readily available manufacturer/brand, that offers a similar type of said dual channel kits, which are currently in stock and available for purchase on some of the popularly reliable online shopping stores?
:unsure: :ashamed: :chinscratch:

I await your expertise.
:smile:

:bump: :bump: :bump:

kg11sgbg

[MENTION=123453]kg11sgbg[/MENTION]
Well, nobody cares if you suffer or not but as members of this forum, it is our duty to steer potential laptop buyers(OP) in the right direction.

PS:AMD and Dell are cr@p.
^lol you still bickering about that. :lol:
This is the proof that YOU are caring the most for my decision and purchase,otherwise you would have ignored my comments,and go on.
Never in my post I've mentioned your name or otherwise,so why care to reply ???:duh2:
I again thank you very much for your (in)sensitive thoughts with care and apt dilemma of the state of mind through which you are.:rofl:

Last edited:

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
Update on my laptop repair-
Guys i have great news,i finally got my dell back from repair,new display-6k and new heatsink,fan and thermal paste-750 bucks
the new display is a CMO panel,my old one was pathetic and was an AUO panel(despite both being 720p etc and identical on paper)
my new heatsink and fan is actually very aftermarket
the fan - 12000rpm max speed as compared to my old 9000rpm
my temps for skyrim on high are exact 70c and dont cross that anymore(earlier it reached 105c within 10 mins of skyrim on low)
im in love with my laptop again!!

- - - Updated - - -

^ No mate,ACER is much better as is HP and ASUS. LENOVO is the super product (in Laptops/Notebooks).All other manufacturers are best.

The only worst manufacturer with the most crappy and sh!tty notebooks is "DELL". The company "AMD" and its products have already became non-existent.

Bullsh*t
I have a dell inspiron 7520 and an Hp G6 with AMD A10 and i totally disagree with your statement
sure lenovo has great products but only their mid range and high end models
acer is pathetic ,HP is decent for low and mid range
Dell low range is over priced but good quality,mid range is excellent,high range is a bit over priced and under powered
AMD gpus are my preference in a laptop,intel for cpus
but on a budget,id take an AMD A10 over a i3 ulv or something for the same price any day
for parts and service etc,dell is the king!!
most Asus laptops in India are a joke,the imported ones are great and arguably have the best cooling

- - - Updated - - -

I don't think so. Clevos are easily the most serviceable laptops. Except proccy and GPU, you can get its parts anywhere.

I would like to alter my previous answer to this,after sending my dell for repair etc
I realized,except for display,battery,cpu and gpu and mobo,most parts of laptops are quite interchangeable such as fan,heatsink,wlan card,dvd writer etc
so i guess clevo based laptops can be safe buys especially since most of them dont have proprietary ports the way apple and few more companies do

kg11sgbg

Update on my laptop repair-
Guys i have great news,i finally got my dell back from repair,new display-6k and new heatsink,fan and thermal paste-750 bucks
the new display is a CMO panel,my old one was pathetic and was an AUO panel(despite both being 720p etc and identical on paper)
my new heatsink and fan is actually very aftermarket
the fan - 12000rpm max speed as compared to my old 9000rpm
my temps for skyrim on high are exact 70c and dont cross that anymore(earlier it reached 105c within 10 mins of skyrim on low)
im in love with my laptop again!!

- - - Updated - - -

Bullsh*t
I have a dell inspiron 7520 and an Hp G6 with AMD A10 and i totally disagree with your statement
sure lenovo has great products but only their mid range and high end models
acer is pathetic ,HP is decent for low and mid range
Dell low range is over priced but good quality,mid range is excellent,high range is a bit over priced and under powered
AMD gpus are my preference in a laptop,intel for cpus
but on a budget,id take an AMD A10 over a i3 ulv or something for the same price any day
for parts and service etc,dell is the king!!
most Asus laptops in India are a joke,the imported ones are great and arguably have the best cooling

- - - Updated - - -

I would like to alter my previous answer to this,after sending my dell for repair etc
I realized,except for display,battery,cpu and gpu and mobo,most parts of laptops are quite interchangeable such as fan,heatsink,wlan card,dvd writer etc
so i guess clevo based laptops can be safe buys especially since most of them dont have proprietary ports the way apple and few more companies do
Thank You , [MENTION=184724]kkn13[/MENTION] for a clear logical and unbiased statement.
Friend I am never minding for the word bullsh!t,actually you haven't been through the section *www.digit.in/forum/laptops-netbooks/188871-slim-lightweight-laptop-1080p-screen-general-everyday-use-3.html. Just go through it and read the comment #26 by [MENTION=248727]seamon[/MENTION]. Judge it yourself.
The above comment which I wrote about DELL and AMD is an absolute sarcasm or mocking of sort to myself.Actually I've also owned/purchased a DELL Inspiron 14 5447,recently through Flipkart.
I never ever mentioned to anyone that you should only buy this DELL laptop/ultrabook and nothing else. Actually I do have some sense of maturity,despite myself being not a geek.
Friend,another appeal, let's forgive and forget each other,what we quarelled about some tablet buying in a separate thread.
I also do have a very caring brother,who cares about my decisions,likeness,etc., by responding instantaneously to my comment,even though he mentioned beforehand that nobody cares about my purchase.

Any person has the right to buy anything,and you folks are really techno-knowledgeable geek,who really guides for the best experience in buying Laptops,Tablets,Mobiles,PC components,etc. But at the same time ,all members are adults,for whom I respect their CHOICE and DECISION.
I also appeal to @TDF members that ,PLease do not misunderstand me or misquote me or misrepresent me.
I always TRY to follow and respect the rules of this @TDF.

kg11sgbg

^Dwelling on to the world of absolute fanaticism.:wave:
I am really feeling pity and am sorry about some geek,who has lost himself in mindless ,endless,(non)senseless ,responding to show his caring attitude.
Bravo,caring brother. Just don't feel too much tired for the caring attitude,which might give me some endless laughter...

Thanks again for wasting your time and lamenting upon my comments with your own hilarious beaviour.
Carry On............................................................................................................................................................

PS: Sorry to the @TDF, I shall end my discussion,for my sweet caring brother,who is caring about my life everytime. I was very much off topic. And I shall return to the topic
with facts. Let my caring brother go on endlessly with his joking comments,that makes the whole @TDF community laugh.Laughter is the best medicine.

Last edited:

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
Thank You , [MENTION=184724]kkn13[/MENTION] for a clear logical and unbiased statement.
Friend I am never minding for the word bullsh!t,actually you haven't been through the section *www.digit.in/forum/laptops-netbooks/188871-slim-lightweight-laptop-1080p-screen-general-everyday-use-3.html. Just go through it and read the comment #26 by [MENTION=248727]seamon[/MENTION]. Judge it yourself.
The above comment which I wrote about DELL and AMD is an absolute sarcasm or mocking of sort to myself.Actually I've also owned/purchased a DELL Inspiron 14 5447,recently through Flipkart.
I never ever mentioned to anyone that you should only buy this DELL laptop/ultrabook and nothing else. Actually I do have some sense of maturity,despite myself being not a geek.
Friend,another appeal, let's forgive and forget each other,what we quarelled about some tablet buying in a separate thread.
I also do have a very caring brother,who cares about my decisions,likeness,etc., by responding instantaneously to my comment,even though he mentioned beforehand that nobody cares about my purchase.

Any person has the right to buy anything,and you folks are really techno-knowledgeable geek,who really guides for the best experience in buying Laptops,Tablets,Mobiles,PC components,etc. But at the same time ,all members are adults,for whom I respect their CHOICE and DECISION.
I also appeal to @TDF members that ,PLease do not misunderstand me or misquote me or misrepresent me.
I always TRY to follow and respect the rules of this @TDF.

sorry i was rude and my "bullsh*t" statement was uncalled for
i didnt know you were being sarcastic
let bygones be bygones :)
sorry once again

kg11sgbg

sorry i was rude and my "bullsh*t" statement was uncalled for
i didnt know you were being sarcastic
let bygones be bygones :)
sorry once again

Friend [MENTION=184724]kkn13[/MENTION],I am not minding and please don't feel sorry.
Thank You for the comments.

Just an experience about my DELL Inspiron 14 5447 Laptop/Ultrabook :--->
1). Dual booted the system under UEFI BIOS ,running Windows-8.1(64-bit) OR openSUSE-13.2(64-bit).
2). Intel HD 4400 + AMD Radeon R7 265M with latest drivers running perfectly O.K. in Windows.
3). Intel HD 4400 + open source "MESA" drivers,running perfectly O.K. in openSUSE. When I tried to install AMD Radeon drivers(fglrx),the openSUSE is booting up in Text mode.
4). Wifi connectivity is running fine in both OS,but sometimes intermittent disconnection happens.Though the WiFi module is Intel Centrino AC-3160 Dual band,having 802.11 b/g/n/ac standards,which is a good future proof for us.
5). Backlit keyboard is a definite plus point for my usage,when I use the laptop while I relax upon the bed,with the major lights being off.
6).Battery backup is very good ~ 5.3 hrs, if and only if,no external accessories (usb mouse,pendrive,CoolerMaster Notepal L1 cooling pad,etc.)are being attached to the USB drives,else battery tend to deplete faster.
7). Viewing of movies is quite a bit satisfying on the 14" screen. Picture,Video clarity is very good.

Just a share ,Friend,about my 1st Laptop in my life.

Last edited:

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
Any local shops in Mumbai have Acer C720? Access Denied Snapdeal incereased price *facepalm*

cmon man,chromebooks arent that great,i highly suggest you get a windows tablet with a keyboard attachment or even a nexus 7
if you want a laptop instead,check these ones instead of chromebook
Error 500 Server Error

Error 500 Server Error

ankush28

Bazinga
cmon man,chromebooks arent that great,i highly suggest you get a windows tablet with a keyboard attachment or even a nexus 7
if you want a laptop instead,check these ones instead of chromebook
Error 500 Server Error

Error 500 Server Error

Actually Acer C720 is great chromebook for price (It was 16k before...). She only needs it for browsing web, youtube, Basic MS office(So Google Office Suite is enough). Plus Chromebook is lightwight, cool looking and great battery life too. So I am going with C720.

kg11sgbg

Actually Acer C720 is great chromebook for price (It was 16k before...). She only needs it for browsing web, youtube, Basic MS office(So Google Office Suite is enough). Plus Chromebook is lightwight, cool looking and great battery life too. So I am going with C720.
Chromebooks are really great if the Internet system(of India) is great and the bandwidth is much more greater.
Otherwise it is really cool and vfm to get hold of a Windows based Tablet with (optional) keyboard as suggested by [MENTION=184724]kkn13[/MENTION]
Ultimately its your choice + decision mate.

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW

ohh ok ,then its good enough for the price and needs
like [MENTION=123453]kg11sgbg[/MENTION] said,its your choice
build quality and stuff is quite nice for the price though

mastercool8695

Cyborg Agent
Hey guys

- - - Updated - - -

Hi guys
My laptop lenovo g510 os having a no display problem
It was working well till this evening but when i tried to boot it a few hours back, it had no display
Its working well with a tv via a hdmi cable

But no display on the laptop screen
Please advise guys

insaneYLN

In the zone
Re: DDR3 SODIMM Memory Modules

Hello everyone.
:wave:

I am looking to purchase DDR3 memory modules for two of my laptops - HP Pavilion g6-1014sa and Acer Aspire V3-551. I am keen on having a configuration of 2x2GB for the HP laptop, and 2x4GB for the Acer laptop. I am strongly inclined towards Corsair's dual channel memory kits - CMSO4GX3M2A1333C9 (Corsair Memory — 4GB (2 x 2GB) DDR3 SODIMM Memory (CMSO4GX3M2A1333C9) and CMSO8GX3M2A1333C9 (Corsair Memory — 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 SODIMM Memory (CMSO8GX3M2A1333C9), because understandably, both laptops' motherboard would support dual channel architecture.
However, the said Corsair dual channel SODIMM memory modules are currently unavailable on Amazon India.
:blink:

I would like to know,
  • Should I drop the idea of dual channel kits and settle for Corsair's single channel modules - CMSO2GX3M1A1333C9 and CMSO4GX3M1A1333C9, but regardless, keeping the aforementioned configuration?
  • Is there any other (reliable) online retailer that sells the initially mentioned, Corsair dual channel kits?
  • Should I forget about Corsair and consider another readily available manufacturer/brand, that offers a similar type of said dual channel kits, which are currently in stock and available for purchase on some of the popularly reliable online shopping stores?
:unsure: :ashamed: :chinscratch:

I await your expertise.
:smile:

:bump: :bump: :bump: :bump:

Top Bottom