All laptop related queries here!!!

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
So after checking on xoticpc, a sager with 860m will come for approx $1000 or 62k (the lowest sager with an 860m)

Plus am guessing import via ppobox will be another 20k. So comes to a total of 80k.

So a custom lappy sans the warranty. That a better option?

A laptop with GTX 970m will cost you 1163$ or Rs 69780 and ppobox=+20,000 more so less than 90k.
I am not even talking about GTX 860m.
GTX 970m=2xGTX 860m.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
So after checking on xoticpc, a sager with 860m will come for approx $1000 or 62k (the lowest sager with an 860m)

Plus am guessing import via ppobox will be another 20k. So comes to a total of 80k.

So a custom lappy sans the warranty. That a better option?

IMO it is. but you should get the 970m version.

Night-Rider

Journeyman
I know that dude! If only import duties were lesser. Sigh!
You guys know about any other laptops that come with maxwell 850m but are cheaper than the y50?
Yes there is an hp laptop. HP Envy k005tx. It would cost you around 71k. But I wouldn't really recommend it as it has an HD screen instead of FHD

aniketdawn.89

Wise Old Owl
A laptop with GTX 970m will cost you 1163$ or Rs 69780 and ppobox=+20,000 more so less than 90k.
I am not even talking about GTX 860m.
GTX 970m=2xGTX 860m.
The sager np8268 is the lowest sager supporting 970m. So with ic diamond and the 970m and windows 8.1 the model comes to $1450 and approx shipping by ppobox calculator is 20k inr. So total will be 90k + 20k plus dollar conversion charges.... and no warranty...

Night-Rider

Journeyman
The sager np8268 is the lowest sager supporting 970m. So with ic diamond and the 970m and windows 8.1 the model comes to $1450 and approx shipping by ppobox calculator is 20k inr. So total will be 90k + 20k plus dollar conversion charges.... and no warranty...
Haha. Better get a laptop from India

seamon

Superhuman Spambot

IC Diamond is free due to black november deal. Look again.
Buy Win 8 in India.
You also get many free goodies. Sell 'em xD
32GB PD+mousepad+T-shirt etc.

Buying a GTX850m when you can buy GTX 970m. :facepalm:

aniketdawn.89

Wise Old Owl
IC Diamond is free due to black november deal. Look again.
Buy Win 8 in India.
You also get many free goodies. Sell 'em xD
32GB PD+mousepad+T-shirt etc.

Buying a GTX850m when you can buy GTX 970m. :facepalm:
You forgot that I will be buying in January. So no black november then. I know the quality of the sager buddy. Its just the price...! Even with just the 970m upgrade and ic diamond total price with shipping comes to total 105k inr approx. Plus the os here in India...

Night-Rider

Journeyman
Buddy it all depends on you if you are okay with the hassle of import and are okay with the warranty issues. Sager is the best bet. The performance would be unbeatable

Last edited:

insaneYLN

In the zone
DDR3 SODIMM Memory Modules

Hello everyone.
:wave:

I am looking to purchase DDR3 memory modules for two of my laptops - HP Pavilion g6-1014sa and Acer Aspire V3-551. I am keen on having a configuration of 2x2GB for the HP laptop, and 2x4GB for the Acer laptop. I am strongly inclined towards Corsair's dual channel memory kits - CMSO4GX3M2A1333C9 (Corsair Memory — 4GB (2 x 2GB) DDR3 SODIMM Memory (CMSO4GX3M2A1333C9) and CMSO8GX3M2A1333C9 (Corsair Memory — 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 SODIMM Memory (CMSO8GX3M2A1333C9), because understandably, both laptops' motherboard would support dual channel architecture.
However, the said Corsair dual channel SODIMM memory modules are currently unavailable on Amazon India.
:blink:

I would like to know,
  • Should I drop the idea of dual channel kits and settle for Corsair's single channel modules - CMSO2GX3M1A1333C9 and CMSO4GX3M1A1333C9, but regardless, keeping the aforementioned configuration?
  • Is there any other (reliable) online retailer that sells the initially mentioned, Corsair dual channel kits?
  • Should I forget about Corsair and consider another readily available manufacturer/brand, that offers a similar type of said dual channel kits, which are currently in stock and available for purchase on some of the popularly reliable online shopping stores?
:unsure: :ashamed: :chinscratch:

I await your expertise.
:smile:

Last edited:

insaneYLN

In the zone
Re: DDR3 SODIMM Memory Modules

Hello everyone.

I am looking to purchase DDR3 memory modules for two of my laptops - HP Pavilion g6-1014sa and Acer Aspire V3-551. I am keen on having a configuration of 2x2GB for the HP laptop, and 2x4GB for the Acer laptop. I am strongly inclined towards Corsair's dual channel memory kits - CMSO4GX3M2A1333C9 (Corsair Memory — 4GB (2 x 2GB) DDR3 SODIMM Memory (CMSO4GX3M2A1333C9) and CMSO8GX3M2A1333C9 (Corsair Memory — 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 SODIMM Memory (CMSO8GX3M2A1333C9), because understandably, both laptops' motherboard would support dual channel architecture.
However, the said Corsair dual channel SODIMM memory modules are currently unavailable on Amazon India.

I would like to know,
  • Should I drop the idea of dual channel kits and settle for Corsair's single channel modules - CMSO2GX3M1A1333C9 and CMSO4GX3M1A1333C9, but regardless, keeping the aforementioned configuration?
  • Is there any other (reliable) online retailer that sells the initially mentioned, Corsair dual channel kits?
  • Should I forget about Corsair and consider another readily available manufacturer/brand, that offers a similar type of said dual channel kits, which are currently in stock and available for purchase on some of the popularly reliable online shopping stores?

I await your expertise.

:bump:

insaneYLN

In the zone
Re: DDR3 SODIMM Memory Modules

Hello everyone.

I would like to know,

I await your expertise.

:bump: :bump:

Top Bottom