All laptop related queries here!!!

zmarydr

Broken In
Heyy anybody here has bought Samsung NP370R5E-S05IN lately. Plz gimme a feedback, hws it, performance , the build quality n al??.....Plz share a review coz i cudn't find any.

Alien

Journeyman
Our college is providing discounted laptops for students, the specifications of which is:

HP Probook 4440s Laptop :

1. Make : HP Probook 4440s
2. Cost : Rs. 34,393/-
3. Warranty : 3 years
4. Carry case : Backpack only
HP ProBook 4440s Notebook PC
Processor 3rd Generation Intel® Corei5 3230 ,2.6GHz, 3MB Intel Smart Cache, 2 Cores
Chipset Mobile Intel® HM76 Express
Memory DDR3 4GB RAM, 1600 MHz, Two slots supporting Dual Channel Memory up to 16 GB total
Internal Storage 500 GB , 5400 rpm SMART SATA II Hybrid HDD, HP 3D Drive Guard
Removable Strorage Fixed DVD-RW Drive
Audio/Visual High Definition Audio (SRS Premium Sound), Stereo speakers, Integrated digital microphone
Wireless Support 802.11b/g with Bluetooth v 4.0
Communications Realtek 10/100/1000 Ethernet Controller
Ports and Connectors 2 USB 3.0 ports, 2 USB 2.0 ports, 1 HDMI, 1 VGA, 1 stereo microphone input, 1 headphone/line out, 1 RJ45 (Ethernet), 1 Power Connector
Expansion Slots Multi Media Reader Slot supporting SD, SDHC, SDXC, Memory Stick, MSXC
Input Device Full-sized keyboard Spill Resistant, touchpad with scroll zone and gestures support, power button, 2 launch buttons (Wireless on/off and speaker mute), Function Keys
Dimensions (wxdxh) 13.35 x 9.27 x 1.1 in (front)
Power 6 Cell (47 WHr) Lithium-Ion battery, 65W Smart AC Adapter
Motherboard / Graphics Integrated: Intel HD Graphics 4000
Operating System Preinstalled: Windows 8 Home Basic
Display 14" diagonal , LED backlit HD, Antiglare (1366 x 768 Resolution), Webcam Integrated 720p, HD
Ports and connectors 2 USB 3.0 ports, 2 USB 2.0 ports, 1 HDMI, 1 VGA, 1 stereo microphone input, 1 headphone/line out, 1 RJ45 (Ethernet), 1 Power Connector
Battery / Power Adapter 6-cell Li-ion battery pack with Minimum Battery life: 8 hours
Weight 2.20 kg with optical drive.
Warranty 3 year Onsite Next Business Day (NBD)

Is this a good deal??

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
looks fair enough to me plus you are getting 2 years of additional warranty but if you wish to play games look for other option.

Niilesh

Padawan
HD4000 may be weak but Trinity processing power is even more low so decide if you want to sacrifice more processing power for slightly better GPU.

yet to use any HD4000 based laptop but i can play low system requirement games even on power saver mode with A6 4400M without any lag but some softwares take time to start up. i am using HP 4445S.
I Think i will go will i3 then since its for my sister

a2mn2002

keen to learn..
GUys please tell me can i play Sniper Elite PC game on Toshiba satellite A350-02T ?
Or list some games which can be played !!!

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
he has Intel GMA 4500 with 3Gb ram and a dual core cpu running at 2.16 Ghz to boot with .. so I think he can play some better FPS/TPS/Sports games that those ;-)

Alien

Journeyman
are you looking for a gaming laptop ? If so then Samsung NP350V5X-S01IN or HP Pavilion G6-2007TX.
It is for my sister, who won't be gaming much i think. So i will go ahead with the HP Probook then. Thanks for your suggestions..:)

hey guys ! i hope this is the right place for this query !
I have an Acer Aspire One Netbook (AMD Dual Core Atom , 2gb Ram , 500 Gb HDD ) . I use this laptop at night , but the problem is i just cant set its auto adjustment light off.. each time i reduce the brightness , after few minutes , rather few minutes , brightness shoots up !!! and its getting on my nerves !! any help frends ?

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
you can try some apps which can reduce the monitor brightness, color temp as per your linking .. do give them a try.

xs.dhaval

Broken In
1) What is your budget?

22,000 Rs

2) What size notebook would you prefer?

not more than 12"

3) Which country will you buying this notebook?

India

4) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?

Dont matter.

5) What are the primary tasks will you be performing with this notebook?

Web browsing, power point presentations, movies.

6) Will you be taking the notebook with you to different places, leaving it on your desk or both?

That's what it is for. It mostly will be used out side.

7) Will you be playing games on your notebook? If so, please state which games or types of games?

None

8) How many hours of battery life do you need?

Doesnt matter.

9) Would you prefer to see the notebooks you're considering before purchasing it or buying a notebook on-line without seeing it is OK?

Doesnt matter.

10) What OS do you prefer? Windows (XP or Vista or Windows 7), Mac OS, Linux, etc.

Windows

11) What screen resolution(s) would you prefer?

Doesnt matter.

Anti reflective screen is MUST.

kARTechnology

Sony " VA" "IO"
1) What is your budget?
20,000 Rs max 22,500

2) What size notebook would you prefer?
Big as possible in the price range

3) Which country will you buying this notebook?
India

4) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
Nothing like that

5) What are the primary tasks will you be performing with this notebook?
Web browsing, Facebook, HD VIDEOS(AVCHD) TO 1080P tv with HDMI(MUST)
And stream 1080p video from youtube

6) Will you be taking the notebook with you to different places, leaving it on your desk or both?
Every where ( to reasonable places)
Should be sturdy and strong
Should not get broken by infants/child beating/jumping/sitting on it

7) Will you be playing games on your notebook? If so, please state which games or types of games?

No but facebook games and light gaming which can be played on it. Like racing maybe but not a must. Low quality is ok. I heard AMD APU play games great so I want to test it

8) How many hours of battery life do you need?
As max as possible without sacrificing speed and 20-40% brightness

9) Would you prefer to see the notebooks you're considering before purchasing it or buying a notebook on-line without seeing it is OK?
Without seeing ok but will like to see

10) What OS do you prefer? Windows (XP or Vista or Windows 7), Mac OS, Linux, etc.
Windows 8.1 when it releases (will install myself)

11) What screen resolution(s) would you prefer?
Any

I would it NOT to be glossy as I know it is a scratch magnet. A matte thing or something which doesnt scratch. And futureproof. USB 3.0
I DONT want PENTIUM CORE PROCESSORS
2gb ram is enough... But HDD should be like 500gb or more
SHOULD BE EASILY REMOVABLE BACK PANEL OR THERE SHOULD NOT BE OVERHEATING/ FAN PROBLEMS

Last edited:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
getting a rugged laptop at 22.5k is next to impossible AFAIK but you can check out : Asus X53U-SX358D or Lenovo G585 (59-348455).

Hrishi

getting a rugged laptop at 22.5k is next to impossible AFAIK but you can check out : Asus X53U-SX358D or Lenovo G585 (59-348455).

The closest one that comes in line for rigidity and sturdiness is HP ProBook , or Lenovo Thinkpads. (In terms of price).

kARTechnology

Sony " VA" "IO"
The closest one that comes in line for rigidity and sturdiness is HP ProBook , or Lenovo Thinkpads. (In terms of price).

I have a probook 4410s... It fell and then after few months fan failed. So I removed and saw that the mould thingy which holds screws in place broke off. The keyboard comes off if I pull hard

But mine is an old model

Top Bottom