All laptop related queries here!!!

nikufellow

In the zone
Have a query regarding hp recovery - my recently bought lappy has a 24gb recovery partition i understand that I'll have to burn it to dvds for creating a backup but would like to know
*is this the only way to backup the genuine windows that came with lappy
*anyway to recover windows license if the recovery partition is accidentally earsed
*is it safe deleting recovery partition if so how?

Many thanks in advance

Hrishi

Have a query regarding hp recovery - my recently bought lappy has a 24gb recovery partition i understand that I'll have to burn it to dvds for creating a backup but would like to know
*anyway to recover windows license if the recovery partition is accidentally earsed

Many thanks in advance

I am not sure if that's the only way but it's highly advisable to make DVDs backup.
Windows License/Key is usually located at the bottom of laptop in form of stickers.

chandan89

Right off the assembly line
I wanna purchase a gaming laptop <55k.

I am planning for HP Envy M6 1213TX.

15.6", i5 Ivy Bridge 3.2 GHZ, 8 GB DDR3, 1TB SATA, 2GB AMD RADEON, & 26mm Slip still with optical drive.

3yrs onsite warranty + 4k extra gifts.

Should I choose it for gaming???

Thanks in advance.

Chaitanya

Cyborg Agent

Many thanks in advance

1.nah you may want to use a pen drive / usb device but I suggest DVD's..

2.If you are on win7(which obviously is not the case here I guess..) then you will have a key printed below. But on win8 lappies don't have a printed key (here you are screwed)..

3.Once backed up it's safe.. (How dunno..)

Many thanks in advance

Just note down the key printed at the bottom of the lappy of you have windows 7. And then you can delete the partition. In future install win 7 using the same key. Note that you have to install the correct version. If the original key was of win 7 home basic then it will be valid on only win 7 home basic dvd.
If you have win 8 then simply delete the recovery partition. You don't need to note down any key. After any future installation of win 8 from any media , once you connect to internet, it automatically detects if the the lappy originally came with win 8.

Note that the only disadvantage you'll be in is that you have to manually install the drivers. While in the case of recovery from factory installed recovery partition, it automatically installs the drivers.

Many thanks in advance

Just note down the key printed at the bottom of the lappy of you have windows 7. And then you can delete the partition. In future install win 7 using the same key. Note that you have to install the correct version. If the original key was of win 7 home basic then it will be valid on only win 7 home basic dvd.
If you have win 8 then simply delete the recovery partition. You don't need to note down any key. After any future installation of win 8 from any media , once you connect to internet, it automatically detects if the the lappy originally came with win 8.

Note that the only disadvantage you'll be in is that you have to manually install the drivers. While in the case of recovery from factory installed recovery partition, it automatically installs the drivers.

nikufellow

In the zone
^thanks chaithanya ,harsh and rishi for your replies. My lappy came with windows 8 , that means I can safely delete recovery then install win 8 from some other source and validate it online right without any key?

Niilesh

Padawan
Hey guys I need a laptop in around 25-30K

> Need decent build quality
> I want to avoid GPU(except the internal one of course) to increase it's life
> HD 4000 is better than the integrated graphics of trinity series, right?

Can you guys suggest some?

Chaitanya

Cyborg Agent
^thanks chaithanya ,harsh and rishi for your replies. My lappy came with windows 8 , that means I can safely delete recovery then install win 8 from some other source and validate it online right without any key?

Grr.. it's "You should know it buddy".. X-(

Hey guys I need a laptop in around 25-30K

> Need decent build quality
> I want to avoid GPU(except the internal one of course) to increase it's life

Can you guys suggest some?

HD 7640G & HD 7660G iGP of trinity series are far btr than HD 4000

Intel HD Graphics 4000 - NotebookCheck.net Tech (it falls below HD7480D)

wat's purpose??
for net surfing etc PDC would do but for even slightly heavy jobs atleast a i3 is recommended

nikufellow

In the zone
Pardon me for my ignorance btw what purpose does the packet of silica gel that comes with lappy serve, moisture absorbant?

nikufellow

In the zone
Thanks again chaitanya and harsh being my first purchase had no idea what to expect in the package. Now thinking of disassembling to see what's inside :p

Chaitanya

Cyborg Agent
Thanks again chaitanya and harsh being my first purchase had no idea what to expect in the package. Now thinking of disassembling to see what's inside :p

Dissecting wat??
Lappy? :hyper:

(I'm too in queue but nver had enugh tym :-D)

:2cents: See a proper manual / video b4 doin' so. ;-)

Chaitanya

Cyborg Agent
It ain't that hard BTW.. (if you feel stuck don't panic just try 2 put everything bak)

But can ur b opened ?? Cause my room mates Samsung lappy has just 1 screw for Memory bay everything is snap fitted.

Chaitanya

Cyborg Agent
Nothing great buddy actually I remeber a guy in hostel wid m6 & then i googled it ...
I ain't great.. Google & my brain is :-D

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

HD4000 may be weak but Trinity processing power is even more low so decide if you want to sacrifice more processing power for slightly better GPU.

yet to use any HD4000 based laptop but i can play low system requirement games even on power saver mode with A6 4400M without any lag but some softwares take time to start up. i am using HP 4445S.

Top Bottom