All configuration (new and upgrades) related queries here

Status
Not open for further replies.

ECE0105

In the zone
asdf1223 said:
buddy any motherboard will support pata hard disks no problem with that.

so a good config would be
amd 3000+
Gigabyte K8N51GMF
512mb ddr 400(transcend)(make it 1gb if u can spend 2.5k more).
this should cost u around 13k.

Thanks for the Quick Response.... Can you please give me the nearest alternatives to the above config.?

khandu

In the zone
Hmm.. nice topic

I have
AMD 3200+
ASUS A8N-E
2 X 160GB SATA HDD
Leadtek 128MB TDH EE PCIE 6600GT
1 GB DDR 400 RAM
17" TFT

Plannin to upgrade a bit to

AMD 3500+
K8N Neo4 Platinum/SLI
300GB SATA HDD
2 GB RAM
Antec PlusView II Cabinet OR Zebronics Antibiotic
Audigy 2ZS Sound card..

is this fine ??

Questions

1) Is K8N Neo4 Platinum/SLI the best at moment for AMD 64bit ?? Is it better than ASUS A8N-E

2) Heard that RAM 533 Mhz not supported.. should i go for that??

3) Not interested in SLI mode.. so dont recommend

4) Is that sound card nice.. ??

5) Any suggestion ??

6) Is that cabinet good ??

Please leemme know asap.

vijay_7287

Cyborg Agent
ur shift in mobo is not worth it

and i dont think u need a proc upgrade if u dont have cpu intensive activity

and the others are worth the money

OP
abhijit_reddevil

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
khandu said:
Hmm.. nice topic

I have
AMD 3200+
ASUS A8N-E
2 X 160GB SATA HDD
Leadtek 128MB TDH EE PCIE 6600GT
1 GB DDR 400 RAM
17" TFT

Plannin to upgrade a bit to

AMD 3500+
K8N Neo4 Platinum/SLI
300GB SATA HDD
2 GB RAM
Antec PlusView II Cabinet OR Zebronics Antibiotic
Audigy 2ZS Sound card..

is this fine ??

Questions

1) Is K8N Neo4 Platinum/SLI the best at moment for AMD 64bit ?? Is it better than ASUS A8N-E

2) Heard that RAM 533 Mhz not supported.. should i go for that??

3) Not interested in SLI mode.. so dont recommend

4) Is that sound card nice.. ??

5) Any suggestion ??

6) Is that cabinet good ??

Please leemme know asap.

Asus A8N-E is one of the best non-SLI motherboard for AMD 64-bit. I would not recommend (as I have mentioned earlier in different posts) a SLI setup unless we have at least a 6800GT. But then again the price of the 6800GT has dropped. Around one week ago I got a qoute of 18000 INR for the XFX 6800GT. So two 6800GT equals 36000 and at that price I can get a 7800GTX, I think or at least a 7800GT for a price less than that, which will be far better.

So I would agree with your choice of motherboard, i.e. the MSI K8N Neo4 platinum (nforce4 ultra chipset). However at the same price range I could have got the DFI LANPARTY UT nF4 Ultra-D (*us.dfi.com.tw/Product/xx_product_spec_details_r_us.jsp?PRODUCT_ID=3471&CATEGORY_TYPE=LP&SITE=US), if available.

As of now, AMD does not support DDR2 RAM of any kind. But again it has been found that the performance difference between a DDR 400Mhz RAM and a DDR2 533Mhz RAM is negligible. The performance increase can be seen in DDR2 667Mhz, but it is hard to find, and also I believe is expensive.

Creative Audigy2 ZS is one of the best, although I think a better option would be Creative X-Fi, don't know the price...however. You can search for the X-Fi and get it if it falls within your budget and is available. Goobimama can recommend you regarding soundcards. He's an audio expert. Where are you Goobi?... :wink:

What is your existing cabinet and what is your PSU? I would not have bought a new cabinet but would have got a higher powered PSU. Neither would I have got another hard disc. You already have 320GB (2 X 160GB). Seems like you want to store all movies and mp3's and install all games that are available. But the choice of your new cabinet is nice... 8)

supersaiyan

In the zone
ihave a friend who lives in new zealand and he wants to buy the imac g5. but i am suggesting him to buy an assembled pc which would give more value for money than the g5. could u gys pls suggest me a proccy that is more powerful than the g5. how abt 3400+?

ashnik

Ambassador of Buzz
A friend needs a new 30K AMD 64 939 pin rig.

The Monitor must be 17" CRT, no LCD plz.

It should be future proof i.e. upgradable for atleast 2-3 yrs
It should have good onboard graphics chip with PCIe slot. He will be adding a card after 1 year.

Following games should run fine
NFS MW black edition
COD 2
AOE 3
GTA SA, etc.

I'll keep updating the info.

OP
abhijit_reddevil

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
Well, you can go for the following:

AMD 64 3000+ Rs.5600
MSI RS 482M2/480M2 Rs.4700
1GB DDR 400Mhz RAM Rs.4500
80GB SATA HDD Rs.2900
Samsung 793MB/Acer AF 715 Rs.6500
MM KB and Optical Mouse Rs.800
ATX cabinet with 400W PSU Rs.2000
Altec Lansing ATP3 Rs.3000

Total Rs.30000

I added 1GB RAM as there will not be any problem when you add a graphics card later. But I doubt whether COD2 will run fine in this. Other games shoud run fine.

ashnik

Ambassador of Buzz
thanks digitised!
But u haven't considered any optical drives (DVD or CD writer, may be) and FDD.
BTW I have decided to go for regular Rs. 2000 cab+psu from intex or like. We will upgrade the Psu when PCIe card is to be installed. So plz cut that cost.
I heard that there is a MSI mobo with onboard 6100 / 6150 vdo chip.
What would be the mobo price?

OP
abhijit_reddevil

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
Well, you can go for a sony combo grive which comes for around Rs.1800 to Rs.1900 these days. A sony DVD ROM (I have DDU 1615) costs around Rs.1300. I bought around a week back.

supersaiyan

In the zone
i have a budget of 30000-35000 to buy a new pc. it will be mainly used for high end gaming and a/v editing. pls exclude monitor, keyboard, mouse, speakers.

CyCo

In the zone
Vyasram said:
nvidia 6100 is better , refer to another thread running on this . Mods , plz make this sticky

didnt kno we had to say that ... ya mods make this sticky .. one awesome thread ...
+ the author of the thread is very very helpful ...

CyCo

In the zone
just wanted to mention that i got my comp which digitized (the author of this thread) helped me out with ..

ITS AWESOME .. and every1 includin my friends are goin gaga abt it ...

@digitized .. suggest the VIP1122 to ne1 for cabinet .. its 1750 only and looks AWESOME with the LED's ...
for LCD , go in ONLY for viewsonic as the rest, all have response time of >10ms .. only viewsonic has 8ms required for gaming .. otherwise it blurs ...

OP
abhijit_reddevil

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
supersaiyan said:
i have a budget of 30000-35000 to buy a new pc. it will be mainly used for high end gaming and a/v editing. pls exclude monitor, keyboard, mouse, speakers.

@Cyco and others: Thanks very much. :oops:

@Supersaiyan: Here is one of the possibilities:

Processor: Amd 3200+ Rs.7900
Motherboard: Asus A8N-E Rs.5800 (nforce4 ultra chipset) or Gigabyte GA-K8N51GMF9 Rs.4400 (pl check) (nforce 430 chipset with Geforce 6100 GPU), if available
RAM: 1GB (Hynix or Transcend) (2 * 512MB) Rs.4400
Graphics card: XFX 6800GS (if available in your city) Rs.15000 or X800GT/GTO (not sure about the rates) or Leadtek/XFX 6600GT 128MB Rs.9500
Optical drive: Sony combo drive Rs.1900
Cabinet + PSU: As Cyco suggested a few posts earlier.

This should be according to your specifications and the best I could find. 8)

OP
abhijit_reddevil

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
@John and Agent_Smith: There is nothing like A8N-KM CSM. There is only A8N-VM CSM based on nforce 430 chipset with integrated Geforce 6150 chipset with separate PCI-express slot. More info here:

*www.asus.com/products4.aspx?modelmenu=2&model=766&l1=3&l2=15&l3=210

It is good but I doubt if it is available in India. Otherwise go for the A8N-E.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom