All Calcuttans in Digit

Status
Not open for further replies.

royal

Padawan
hey friends, can anyone tell me the probable date and venue for Book fair 2008 ? I am planning to visit home at that time.:p

Anindya

In the zone
I can only help u with the dates! Dont know when is it going to be held. Its going to be held at the Park Circus Maidan. There will only be book stalls. No food-bank-computer games-and such other non book stalls.

royal

Padawan
Thx for replying guys...afraid I won't be able to make it by 1st week of Jan :(
and I was hoping that it would be held at Salt Lake like last year. :mad:

BTW, can u ppl give suggestions regarding this ? I need this info real bad...

src2206

In the zone
Guys, did you check the new store beside Vedant at Ganesh Avn and Chandni Chalk crossing? Its Suntronic Infotech. I bought 2 1GB RAM Modules yesterday, and it offered the lowest price, even lower than Vedant. I bought the two modules for 2000/- (including VAT) whereas Vedant quoted 2100/-+Taxes extra. This shop also quoted XFX 8600GT 256MB 5300/-+taxes (though I forgot to ask whether it has a DDR3 or DDR2 memory) :p

OP
sabret00the

sabret00the

Youngling
src2206 said:
Guys, did you check the new store beside Vedant at Ganesh Avn and Chandni Chalk crossing? Its Suntronic Infotech. I bought 2 1GB RAM Modules yesterday, and it offered the lowest price, even lower than Vedant. I bought the two modules for 2000/- (including VAT) whereas Vedant quoted 2100/-+Taxes extra. This shop also quoted XFX 8600GT 256MB 5300/-+taxes (though I forgot to ask whether it has a DDR3 or DDR2 memory) :p

Congrats on you purchase buddy..btw what is the brand of ram you got bro?

src2206

In the zone
Its Kingston bro....:) 667MHz DDR2...and I checked the part number (model number), it is listed in the ASUS's QVL.
I thought that it is high time upgrading my memory from 1GB, 'cause I do not think that the price is going to plummet any further. So I hope I got a good deal- right? And what do you think about the price of the card? Are they offering a good deal?

OP
sabret00the

sabret00the

Youngling
^^ no doubt it's a good deal considering DDR-2 might as well go the DDR way and if suddenly phased out by the market owing to DDR-3 then ram prices will start to go up again. There is likely a chance that this will happen soon which is why I feel manufacturers and vendors are clearing enormous stocks of DDR-2 667mhz rams at throwaway prices.

src2206

In the zone
Yup, DDR3 are 1333MHz, but I do not think that ese are going to come out in a big way before the middle of the next year (WRT Kolkata Mkt).

BTW, what do you think about the price of the XFX 8600GT 256MB card's price?

OP
sabret00the

sabret00the

Youngling
src2206 said:
what do you think about the price of the XFX 8600GT 256MB card's price?

I had bought one for Rs.8200/- early this year so what can I say...seems like a gr8 price to me...

OP
sabret00the

sabret00the

Youngling
sabret00the said:
^^ no doubt it's a good deal considering DDR-2 might as well go the DDR way and if suddenly phased out by the market owing to DDR-3 then ram prices will start to go up again. There is likely a chance that this will happen soon which is why I feel manufacturers and vendors are clearing enormous stocks of DDR-2 667mhz rams at throwaway prices.

Just to let you guys know...I have started this new thread All Memory (Ram) related queries here.

src2206

In the zone
sabret00the said:
I had bought one for Rs.8200/- early this year so what can I say...seems like a gr8 price to me...

Thanks for confirming mate :); thanks Gaurav.

BTW, these RAMs have latency figure 5-5-5-15, I know it is not what Digit prescribes (4-4-4-12), but neither the manufacturers clearly mentions it, and the resellers are completely oblivious to this. I had asked for the Dgit recommended latency figures, but none of the resellers have any idea about it. :confused:

satanlives

Journeyman
guys just wanted to know is anyone here intersted in my powersafe 500 watts smps??? its about a year or more old working perfectly.. upgrading to coolermaster 600 cause im getting the msi 8800gt also any one know if my powersafe will be able to handle the msi 8800gt oc version ???

Yeah also does anyone knw where i can get the coolermaster 600 for the best price???

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom