All Calcuttans in Digit

Status
Not open for further replies.

gauravakaasid

Back to l33ching :)
:::suffering from acute depression:::

Guys...i think my HDD has decided to give up on me :( i have 2 160 HDDs, one PATA n the other SATA, i had most of my movies on it. and i have even forgotten on wich HDD i had the OS installed. it wont even boot. :( Anyway i can get my stuff back???

I have forgotten the exact error messages i was getting. What are the messages that we get when HDD crashes. I was getting a file or directory structure corrupt or something.

@Kaustav...ur HDD's fine boss, altho i havnt done anything to the partitions.

OP
sabret00the

sabret00the

Youngling
^^^wow trust me everyone of us has had to go thru this sometime in there lifetime...ok now tell me when u turn on the pc wat do u see on the screen?

src2206

In the zone
gauravakaasid said:
:::suffering from acute depression:::

Guys...i think my HDD has decided to give up on me :( i have 2 160 HDDs, one PATA n the other SATA, i had most of my movies on it. and i have even forgotten on wich HDD i had the OS installed. it wont even boot. :( Anyway i can get my stuff back???

I have forgotten the exact error messages i was getting. What are the messages that we get when HDD crashes. I was getting a file or directory structure corrupt or something.

@Kaustav...ur HDD's fine boss, altho i havnt done anything to the partitions.

Hello friend :)

There are many ways to try to get nback your data, but I would have tried this one, so I'm suggesting the same to you.

Get hold of a Knoppix Live CD/DVD. I hope you can still access BIOS, so if you are not set to boot from CD/DVD, then do that and boot with Knoppix. The best thing about Knoppix is that it has native NTFS read/write support, so you do not need to install any external module separately (it has ntfs 3g module included).This way you should be ableto get your Data back.

Regards

rb_kaustuv

BW Waster Certified
sabret00the said:
^^^wow trust me everyone of us has had to go thru this sometime in there lifetime...ok now tell me when u turn on the pc wat do u see on the screen?

Point noted..well i had to go thru it a lot of times....:D

Sorry Bobby forgot to call you up... will do once the water subsides in front of the office...:D

Oi gaurav..if you are awake and reading this..then do call me up.. all you need to recover the lost data is in the HDD i gave you.u just need to get it to someone having a CD-Writer and burn an image file.

rb_kaustuv

BW Waster Certified
Help me out guys..
I have got an APC UPS and the PowerChute Personal Edition v2.0 also installed.
During any power failure the Systems goes into hibernation but the UPS does not shut down on its own. Is there any way the UPS can also be made to automatically shut down after the PC has been shut down?

Any special configuration settings ??:(

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
Bobby yaaar, I am getting Voice mail on ur mobile :cry:

anyway thnx for the help i bought the vx1932wm will post a short review when ever possible as u know right now not gettung much time to test of spend online to write a detailed Review :(

sanjay_111

Broken In
I saw the first two and the last two pages of this forum. Did you guys meet up sometime ? I am also in Cal and stay at Udita (Bengal Ambuja).

gauravakaasid

^^Yep..we have already had two official meets :) and countless unofficial ones.

@Guys...wassup wid you people? ki haal chaal hai bhai log? mera office mein phat raha hai :( on top of that pc gone kaput.

@Kaustav...ki holo aabar UPS er? can you get the softy 2mrow?

OP
sabret00the

sabret00the

Youngling
Choto Cheeta said:
Bobby yaaar, I am getting Voice mail on ur mobile :cry:

anyway thnx for the help i bought the vx1932wm will post a short review when ever possible as u know right now not gettung much time to test of spend online to write a detailed Review :(

hey buddy cudnt reply as my internet was down all along....congratulations on the new monitor and waiting for a detailed review from you....now that you have finally dealt with Supreme wat are ur views about them?:D

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
@Bobby

Allas !! :( Vicky bought that for Rs. 10300/- :lol: I had to buy for Rs. 12k all :lol:

anyway thats not an issue because they are the only one who has the Display but the performance was really really disapointing :(

here is one detailed Review :(

*www.chotocheeta.com/2007/10/05/quick-review-super-flop-view-sonic-vx1932wm/

entrana

M$™ Certified Spammer
sorry about ur purchase dude, but this is the reason i only trust samsung the make the best lcds

OP
sabret00the

sabret00the

Youngling
@ Saurav :

I feel really sorry for u buddy since I said that there were no problems with the LCD....trust me thats still my opinion as Vicky's monitor has no probs at all...anyways I have written my comments under the review...

I think Vicky told you wat Manish told him...I called him up yesterday and he told me that he spoke with you...

Last edited:

gauravakaasid

@Bobby...u still with the Viewsonic monitors?? i'll ask my pisha to go ahead with his purchase.

@Ayush...yea dude, ma pc still busted. lost all ma movies n mp3s on it. but this is just one hdd, dunno about the other one :(

@Kaustav....lost everythin on one HDD. havent checked the other one. btw, that softy is really cool n the hiren's boot cd too...

@Guys....what are your puja planz? this year it doesnt feel like puja's arrived, maybe m in office most of the time. what a pathetic life m leading :sob:

entrana

M$™ Certified Spammer
hey guys where is the retail office of rashi, i mean where we can buy . and also this guy in technocrat says that i have to go to rashi to get my headset reaplaced.

rb_kaustuv

BW Waster Certified
gauravakaasid said:
@Kaustav....lost everythin on one HDD. havent checked the other one. btw, that softy is really cool n the hiren's boot cd too...

Shitty man...and sorry for your HDD.

entrana said:
hey guys where is the retail office of rashi, i mean where we can buy . and also this guy in technocrat says that i have to go to rashi to get my headset reaplaced.

Savera Marketing Agency is Rashi Peripherals outlet for dealing with customers. 1.G.C.Avenue.

Btw they will send you to:

67, Bentinck St., 1st floor
Suite No-4,
Kolkata - 700 069.
Tel No.: +91 - 033 - 22153364/5/6
Fax No.: +91 - 033 - 22153366
Email : kolkata@rptechindia.com

for your repairing jobs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom