All about various PC Power Supply Cables and Connectors

saswat23

Human Spambot
People always like to build/Assemble PC of their own, may it be a beginner or a Pro. Installing the processor, mobo, HDD, ODD, RAM and GPU is not a problem, but to plug the PSU cables in their appropriate connector is the major problem (especially for beginners).
This link below will definitely help them who dont have much idea about PC cables and connectors and where to plug them.
Hope this helps:
All about the various PC power supply cables and connectors

....----HAPPY ASSEMBLING----....

Last edited:

d3p

PowerHouse
People always like to build/Assemble PC of their own, may it be a beginner or a Pro. Installing the processor, mobo, HDD, ODD, RAM and GPU is not a problem, but to plug the PSU cables in their appropriate connector is the major problem (especially for beginners).
This link below will definitely help them who dont have much idea about PC cables and connectors and where to plug them.
Hope this helps:
All about the various PC power supply cables and connectors

....----HAPPY ASSEMBLING----....

Good Info, but all these sort of informations are generally included with your PSU's Instruction Manual & Motherboard Layout.

Suggestion to assemblers: Don't try to be James Bond & throw the manual into air. Save some time to go through the manual & instruction booklet.

Check the Attachment. I got this from VX550.

One more thing ; this thread should not be a part of Buying Guide...

OP
saswat23

saswat23

Human Spambot
I agree with you but no such things are written in my FSP SAGAII 500W's manual. Just connectors are shown with their names. So, how does one know the function a specific connector and where to plug it.
BTW can you tell me which cable should be used to connect the system/chasis fans.
Is it the peripheral connectors..??
But my peripheral connectors are just not fitting into the fan connectors.

d3p

PowerHouse
Ideally this is how your Fan connector should look like...

*www.overclock.net/attachments/other-cooling-discussions/130761d1259269126-my-motherboard-has-no-molex-ppic-maxi-525molex3.jpg

But if you find a header like this then connect it to Motherboard..

*www.overclock.net/attachments/intel-cpus/127331d1256599707-any-way-control-cpu-cooler-fan-4pin_connector_002.jpg

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Nice info. Thanks.

1 free advice-
Read the manual of anything you buy. Be it a fridge, a iPad or even a toaster.
Manual not only tells how to use the products easily but also highlights many hidden capabilities you may no be aware of.

OP
saswat23

saswat23

Human Spambot
thank you all.
But actually i have the fan connector and header just like d3p5kor has posted above. But the thing is that the fan connector is not getting into the header. So what should i do..

d3p

PowerHouse
^^make sure the female connector & male connector pins are aligned properly before inserting it. They are made to work like that only.

d3p

PowerHouse
Th top is the male & down one is the female connector..
*www.overclock.net/attachments/other-cooling-discussions/130761d1259269126-my-motherboard-has-no-molex-ppic-maxi-525molex3.jpg

Its sounds noobies, but can't help.

Top Bottom