Alibaba officially entering the Indian market

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Source: Flipkart, Amazon And Snapdeal Just Got A New Competitor, China's Alibaba To Enter Indian Market

The already crowded e-commerce sector in India is all set to have a new and formidable player - Chinese e-commerce major Alibaba.

The company is planning to enter India this year and is looking at opportunities to build the business organically or through other means.

"We are planning to enter the e-commerce business in India in 2016. We have been exploring very carefully the e-commerce opportunity in this country, which we think is very exciting on the backdrop of Digital India," Alibaba Group President J Michael Evans said.

Alibaba is reportedly very keen to come to India in a very big way, particularly in the e-commerce segment.

The company is exploring the potential of whether to go on their own or set up shop with someone else.

Alibaba's entry into the Indian market will be an interesting scenario as Ma already has investments in two rival Indian brands, namely Snapdeal and Paytm.

Last month there were also reports that Ma was in talks with Flipkart on acquiring stakes.

OP
Desmond

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Alibaba is basically a wholesale seller. However they also sell retail through Ali Express.

chimera201

Wise Old Owl
My point was based on trustworthiness.

- - - Updated - - -

Alibaba probably sold more than $45B in fake or 'shoddy' goods last quarter | VentureBeat | Commerce | by Michael de Waal-Montgomer

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
My point was based on trustworthiness.

- - - Updated - - -

Alibaba probably sold more than $45B in fake or 'shoddy' goods last quarter | VentureBeat | Commerce | by Michael de Waal-Montgomer
Does anybody (the customers) really cares?
Otherwise how could they sell so many products(fake/spurious/artificial/etc...)and make a hell lot of money?:devil_NF:

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Alibaba.com is an unrestricted wildland, ive seen wierd stuff being sold there.. Hope the indian laws doesnt restrict the website too much (Not that im planning to buy sex d..(cough cough))

lywyre

Cyborg Agent
Enough of China fudging with Indian economy and now they are coming in wholesale. I vouch that I will buy nothing from Alibaba.com.

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
Enough of China fudging with Indian economy and now they are coming in wholesale. I vouch that I will buy nothing from Alibaba.com.

It does not matter for them (Alibaba) anyway,because they will get huge no. of customers as long as they keep their products damned cheap!!!!!!!!!!!!

OP
Desmond

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Update:

Alibaba may tieup with Tatas to venture into online retail market in India - The Economic Time

- - - Updated - - -

It does not matter for them (Alibaba) anyway,because they will get huge no. of customers as long as they keep their products damned cheap!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's basically a match made in heaven, China sells stuff cheap and Indians like to buy stuff cheap.

kunnusingh

Journeyman
wow, really good news specially for ebay india.

Their support is so slow and they ignore sellers, Alibaba will fix their slowness.

deadnoun

Ramesh Iniyan
That's very sweet to hear. I was using Ali express but shipping worries me a lot takes around 45 days. So starting here would make much more better in delivery.. yaaayyyy :heart_NF:

Top Bottom