Akash tablet project nearly-dead because of corruption?

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
^^You won't ever get a phone connection,while trying to connect them...
It's only when they(Datawind) called me up last 2 weeks ago,I gave them a bash (albeit sans slang) and clearly told them theives won't be trusted.

I was out of hometown for the past week,went for a holiday trip to PURI with my family.

It's strange that "Team AKOSHA" ringed me at PURI and wanted to know about the latest status.It's also a positive feedback from them,that they are looking into the matter seriously...and are always eager to help me on the grounds against Datawind.

The waiting and patience has become unbearable for me now.

kg11sgbg

To all Forum Friends:--->

As I mentioned in the earlier thread,they (Datawind alias F*c*wind)will treat the letter as null and void(which was promised by them for a GUARANTEED Delivery)as usual and it is the TRUE action done by them.

TODAY ON THE 14TH OF OCTOBER,2012 , DATAWIND AT LEAST PAID BACK(REFUNDED) MY MONEY OF Rs. 3,049/-(WITHOUT ANY INTEREST FOR DELAY).I 'VE CHECKED MY BANK ACCOUNT STATEMENT WHICH VERIFIES IT.

Because I got a mail from Datawind,which says:--->
offer-pp
2:18 PM (5 hours ago)

to me

Dear Kaushik,

Your refund has been processed. Kindly check with your bank.

For more clarification feel free to revert.

Regards,
Sandeep Kaur

Customer Support Executive
(L) 0183-2708510

Manufacturer of LCAD AAKASH Tablet

I request section Admin/Mods to close this topic,as none of our Friend's has shown so much "perseverance",took up emotional "agony"...

kg11sgbg

^^Yes,my Friend Desmond,but think the Interest earned by them for keeping the money for 9 months...
At least they could have provided me the UBISLATE 7Ri Tablet,as PROMISED BY THEM IN THE LETTER POSTED BY THEM ON 4th OF OCTOBER,2012.

What kind of lies they could manifest and present to an extreme level...is well known and experienced by all of us.

They are actually a CHEAT-FUND(not chit-fund) and a BOGUS Company of whom should never be TRUSTED by any person in his/her life.

OP
Desmond

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Perhaps that is exactly how they function. It would be better to invest that money into some FD.

kg11sgbg

At least some hope for the Friends,those of whom had already prepaid...

All paid orders for Aakash tablet to be cleared within 6 weeks: DataWind - Tablets

But you have to Pay a minimum of Rs.500/- extra(OTHERWISE NO UBISLATE 7 Series Tablet).

For refund of money(without interest) you have to better go through "Akosha" or any other legal representation,a tedious and time consuming process.

CyberKID

In search for Tech Gyan!
Those who are looking to lodge a complaint, can also try Consumer Online Resource & Empowerment Centre. You can actually lodge a complaint, and put up your demand for refunds, damages, etc. Their Complaints resolution also works well- Actually this is the only online government supported complaints resolution site I've seen that actually works (National Consumer Helpline is useless). I lodged my complaint against Airtel on 06-09-2012, got a call from their CC on 12-09-2012, and got a confirmation message from Airtel acknowledging the complaint and a message of it's resolution on 19-09-2012. Seems like I've got freedom from pesky telemarketing messages on my NDNC active number since then.

OP
Desmond

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
That would be stupid. Apple does not target the low cost market. Not to mention it would cost a lot which the Indian government cannot afford.

Anj

Right off the assembly line
If you wanna buy cheap tab then go for capacitive screen, if u don't need a 7 inch movie player. ;-)

kg11sgbg

@Desmond and other Friends, I now think myself to be "at least" lucky to get back the "Refund" from Datawind. It's obviously due to Team Akosha doing their best.Well done team Akosha.

Regarding "Chinese" made goods I don't have any sense of offbeat "Puritanism" thoughts. Chinese electronic products are good as long as they survive. It is well known to us,that LENOVO, Huawei,Haier,BenQ,ZTE are quite reputed Chinese companies,with good products.Even Sony or Motorola or Samsung or even Apple Products are made in China(Outsourced).Are those throw away products?
Intel and AMD CPU's or APU's are made in China(Outsourced),does that mean those products won't last long?All of the major chipsets,components,hardware are made in China.Eventually all are not so called "crapware".
It is obvious that the so called "CHEAPER CHINESE PRODUCTS" demands a lot of scepticism and belief factor for onlookers.This is because a cheap chinese product belongs to a different class and premium products to other...we must not mix the two.
TO ALL FRIENDS,I AM NOT A CHINESE PATRIOT,NOR A HUGE SUPPORTER OF CHINA...but in the world of Tech.,we must believe and study with rational thoughts.Windows OS is a very Good Product onto itself,but I hate policies of Microsoft(barring their anti-piracy aspects...though they could be a little liberal).Same case with Intel,being myself an AMD fanboy...still view Intel as "TRULY" no. 1 in CPU Technology,but their nasty business policies against AMD ,VIA has aroused a hatred against them. I think Friends are clear by my ideas. Just because an electronic product is made in China does not mean it to be a "crapware" or "rejectware" according to ME.

For,D***w*nd the legacy of its crime is totally something else.They just acted like a cheater and theft company,accumulating huge public money but not fulfilling their promises...their True Lies has become a legend onto itself.AT ANY COST NO PERSON SHOULD EVER TRUST D*T*W*ND.

Last edited:

CyberKID

In search for Tech Gyan!
^ Actually, the issue is not with the Aakash being Chinese, but, with the agreements among the Indian Government and Datawind, governing the deal, that the tablet will be designed, developed and manufactured in India.

OP
Desmond

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
^ Actually, the issue is not with the Aakash being Chinese, but, with the agreements among the Indian Government and Datawind, governing the deal, that the tablet will be designed, developed and manufactured in India.

Exactly my thoughts..

kg11sgbg

^^completely endorsing your comments,@CyberKID. You have spoken out all of our thoughts briefly.

I was completely wrong,when I thought that D*t*w*nd might have improved a lot after revamping their websites and the procedures for pre-booking + pre-paying of Ubislate 7 series of tablets to common customers(the public).But their history of misdeeds,falsification of facts,cheating,looting,etc. has revoked our mindset for complete denial of existence of the company.

I think it's R.I.P. for D*t*w**d...:nanananana::cold::chameleon::donkey:

Last edited:
Top Bottom