Airtel's new FUP policy?

rahul18348

Broken In
Has airtel really upgraded their Bandwidth Cap to 512kbps (min) as cited on their own website. I am thinking about switching over to Airtel from BSNL to Max 80GB plan. I had contacted local Airtel offices and they were surprised also. They asked me to send an email so that they can clarify from HO. Any existing Airtel subscriber in this forum can confirm this to be sure? Thanks. Links are shown in the screenshots.

*i47.tinypic.com/m796j6.png

*i48.tinypic.com/9qbk7k.png

Attachments

• for pcpant1.jpg
    for pcpant1.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 112
  • for pcpant2.jpg
    for pcpant2.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 110
  • for pcpant3.jpg
    for pcpant3.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 107
Last edited:

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
OMG!!! :shock:
Supersonic 1500 - 60 GB - 16Mbps
Supersonic 1700 - 80 GB - 16Mbps

im paying 2k+ for 75GB @ 4Mbps .. gotta change my plan soon

EDIT: but no use for me if there is no improvement in Ping .. :( .. will go for that anyway.. its cheaper than what I am currently paying :D

OP
rahul18348

rahul18348

Broken In
Not only Airtel but all ISPs are now obligated to provide 512kbps as minimum. In the national telecom policy 2012 issued on june 12 vide item no.1.5 on page 8, clearly states for revision of existing broadband speeds from 256kbps to 512kbps & further says that speed should be further revised to 2Mbps by 2015. I have sent a copy of the national telecom policy 2012 (available at department of telecom website) to airtel HO.

You guys can help me & send emails to your regional offices (airtel or other ISPs). Everybody will get the benefit if this gets implemented universally.:-D

OP
rahul18348

rahul18348

Broken In
^^can you provide a link to the guidelines?

Here you go:

*www.google.co.in/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=national%20telecom%20policy%202012&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&ved=0CB8QFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.dot.gov.in%2Fntp%2FNTP-06.06.2012-final.pdf&ei=-EaBULfMNM_jrAfNw4CYCg&usg=AFQjCNG9xyBmMLX40RZEZ06xbrG0ZrLPBQ

dan4u

Took Off!!!
seems like only certain states and cities are getting 512 kbps as minimum:|, mine still shows 256 kbps, hope it changes soon. and then it'll be bye bye bsnl....hello airtel:mrgreen:

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
national telecom policy 2012 is still not implemented yet so whatever provisions in there are merely information.unless a policy is sanctioned by govt through an executive order it is not legally enforceable.

ajaymailed

In the zone
seems like only certain states and cities are getting 512 kbps as minimum:|, mine still shows 256 kbps, hope it changes soon. and then it'll be bye bye bsnl....hello airtel:mrgreen:
cant believe 256kbps is still alive, smaller, local ISPs in small towns are able provide 512 or even 1 MBPS Post FUP Speed.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Max speed available in my area is 4Mbps :( .. they cant give me more than that :x ..

any way... plan changed from 1800 something to 1400 :D..

4Mbps till 80Gb .. post than 256 kbps :p

swatkats

The TroubleShooter!
If TRAI is Specifically hinting ISP not to provide below 256Kbps post FUP, Why will Craptel Worry about that.
256Kbps still Exists post FUP, Say it Beam > ACT > Airtel> XYZ ISP .. still has 256kbps POST FUP.
TRAI has Defined 512Kbps as BROADBAND, If less than that Cannot be called as broadband according to them. POST FUP thing has not been discussed in NTP.

Thor

Ambassador of Buzz
Well I am using ACT BB.....
For 1400 I get 75GB FUP at 10mbps and post that 2mbps........
Pretty cool I think.....

This is going to be good if minimum bb speed is made 2mbps across the spectrum....

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
:shock: 1 mbps UL at 549???? I haven't seen that plan on their website, is that with taxes and all??

Well it was a limited period offer, the poster was stuck in a wall.
It started with 1 mbps still 5 gb then 256 for 450 then this year feb they increased the limit still 25 gb, now i don't know why but for good i get UL :)

Top Bottom