Airtel vs Tata Indicom Broadband

Status
Not open for further replies.

ilugd

Beware of the innocent
I am looking to get a 256 kbps broadband unlimited connection in Delhi in Hauz Khas. I have looked at two options, Airtel and Tata Indicom. Can anyone who uses any of these two services or any other services advise on which one is reliable and good.

I am also considering using sify but some of my friends say that sify is no good.

AshishSharma

Livin' in the ghetto
I've used all three and found Airtel the best .... It's a pity they don't provide service in Sadiq Nagar so I have to live with Sify ...

I would rate them as
1.) Airtel
2.) Tata (They had some technical issue's but the service was ok)
3.) Sify (Only if there's nothing else .... )

BTW I am giving thought to MTNL maybe u can consider them as well ... :D

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
Airtel all the way. Tata Indicom cheat people a LOT! There was a thread here sometime back about it, just search for it. And Sify, well live without internet but please dont get Sify. Yes, they are THAT bad. MTNL is good too.

reddick

Mobile Freak
Sify Suxs...Recently i spent 1000k fr their 200 hrs. pack but d speed suxs...Now wht...i have to wait 1yr. for that :evil: I recommemnd No one go for Dial-Up now :(

clmlbx

Technomancer
Airtel Is The Best . in 256 plan at night i get the speed 50-60 kbps and even the upload speed is same (50-60 kbps ).

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
Anindya said:
Can anyone tell me how much they charge for the plan?
Different area have different plan.If u r taking abt airtel plan...visit airtel site *airtelbroadband.in/tariff/tariff.htm

Last edited:
OP
ilugd

ilugd

Beware of the innocent
guess airtel is better then.

Actually i was planning to go for tata but thanks for the reviews. The guy who came from Airtel was apathetic, so i didn't like him too much. He also said that the normal speed we get is 170 kbps in the 256 kbps plan, so i was offended.

But the tata indicom guy said that we always get 256 kbps. Is he a fraud then? He was very convincing though.

Those, who do have an airtel broadband connection, could you let me know if they set up a router? Since our IT Guys at Kerala and the US are paranoid about security. I just need to explain to them.

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
Yeah, they would set up a router if you ask, but it will cost more :) Yes the Speed in Airtel is not exactly 256 kbps, but their service rocks!

AshishSharma

Livin' in the ghetto
Yeah Tata is descent on the Speed front U get absolute 256 Kbps when the connection is working but then it doesn't work that often :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom