Airtel throttle's Bittorrent !! ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
Off lately me and many of my friends are seeing so much of slow speed over bittorrent with Airtel connection...
We all know throughout the world many isp's have started to interfere with bittorrent ,best example is comcast in U.S...,
And list goes on....
Has Airtel started to interfere or throttle bittorrent speed?

Can we use any tool to see if we can find it really does anything?

P.s i am on gprs, can anyone post the link from azureus wiki page regarding BAD ISP.S ?

OP
naveen_reloaded

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
Are you on 256 plan?

And do you use private or public torrents...please dont mention any torrent site names here...or else the thread might get closed...
I too get these peak values at times...but they are not constant...they hit very low to say 10kbps at times...
Is there a way to find if Airtel is interfering in our connection,ar they did it with comcast?

OP
naveen_reloaded

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
Do you get constant speed and how long have you been a customer with Airtel and how often do you use torrent?
Coz they might interfere with constant users like me...who downloads everything , all time from torrent's...

legolas

Padawan
Enable encryption for outgoing and incoming traffic if you use azureus or utorrent. It should be relatively effective. If you don't frequently have these problems, then check if the tracker is down when this happens or if there aren't that many seeds/peers and also try downloading from normal sites to see if its torrent issue or airtel internet conx. issue.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Try changing your connection port to Port 80. You may get speed on this port if Airtel guys have blocked or limit the speed on other high range ports.

In uTorrent it can be changed in Options........Preferences........Connection

Anyways, have you done Port Forwarding?

Last edited:
OP
naveen_reloaded

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
I nowadays get mostly post problem only...on azureus... Its showing NAT problem always... I dont know,...ok how frequently you use torrent or say gy much you guys downlod a day? ?

clmlbx

Technomancer
^^NAT problem means your firewall is blocking your azureus.

I have airtel connection and gets superb speed..........

I daily(every night) download atleast 700-800 mb.....both from private and public torrents..............I have 256k connection and it doubles in night so I get atleast 60 KBps..........and on microsoft server goes to 70--72 KBPS.......

OP
naveen_reloaded

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
Can anyone confirm this on Airtel please....
Right now i am on gprs....

*torrentfreak.com/bittorrent-throttling-interview-with-gemini-project-080402/

OP
naveen_reloaded

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
Guys, didnt anyone try?
Please confirm that there is no throttling by Airtel...
RAVI can you confirm this for us?

Renny

Padawan
I'm on 256 UL Plan, and I get excellent speeds(and sometimes double even during the daytime).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom