Airtel mobile Office Speed(ISP)Reduced????

Status
Not open for further replies.

dinesh_mettur

Journeyman
am using mobile office for connecting the net , currently am using SE K 750i for connecting the net

usually i get 31 kbps(minimum) max (42Kbps) everyday checked using Zdnetindia.com , but suddenly from today morning i use to get only 20 Kbps why is happening ?? any problem with my mobile or problem with my airtel network

download speeds r also gradually reduced from 5.5Kbps to 2 Kbps..

Is there any other way to increase my speed of isp ??

if i restore my mobile to factory settings will fix my problem?? or whether any spyware is blocking the isp speed

i scanned my pc using avg antispyware(updated version) it shows
"nothing found"

so pls help me to fix my problem ....

K

krazyfrog

I haven't noticed any loss in speed but nowadays in mobile office the connection drops frequently especially at night. Earlier it used to run without a single drop in connection. Maybe its due to network congestion. As mobile office rates have dropped, every one is using it. Earlier when it was 12 rupees per day in mumbai, the network was free of congestion. Maybe the cause of your problem is same

OP
dinesh_mettur

dinesh_mettur

Journeyman
am in tamilnadu !! here Rs 20 per day , still now there was no drop of connection
here until i disconnect

Last edited:

Tech.Masti

Wise Old Owl
^^^ because no one going for MO Rs.600/month.... unlimited broadband is much better, and you can get it on this price......

K

krazyfrog

dinesh_mettur said:
am in tamilnadu !! here Rs 20 per day , still now there was no drop of connection
here until i disconnect

outlaw

De@d
and in kerala its rs 250 per month or rs 150 per month for a one year plan

why are the rates that high in tamil nadu

OP
dinesh_mettur

dinesh_mettur

Journeyman
what can i do in my state tamilnadu it was charged like this Rs 20 per day or Rs 375 per month ... these r the 2 plans avail in tamilnadu

outlaw

De@d
@ least u've got per day option there

here its per month or per year only

i.e 250 per month or 1500 per year -

outlaw

De@d
how about getting a gprs recharge coupon from kerala for 250 rupees and using it in tamil nadu ?????

i am not sure if airtel's provides gprs roaming in kerala

int86

You'r Born Free
dinesh_mettur said:
am using mobile office for connecting the net , currently am using SE K 750i for connecting the net

usually i get 31 kbps(minimum) max (42Kbps) everyday checked using Zdnetindia.com , but suddenly from today morning i use to get only 20 Kbps why is happening ?? any problem with my mobile or problem with my airtel network

download speeds r also gradually reduced from 5.5Kbps to 2 Kbps..

Is there any other way to increase my speed of isp ??

if i restore my mobile to factory settings will fix my problem?? or whether any spyware is blocking the isp speed

i scanned my pc using avg antispyware(updated version) it shows
"nothing found"

so pls help me to fix my problem ....
i am get my speed as 1.5 Mbps from zdnetindia.com. Though i guess it is 2-4 KBps. Its here 100pm. How to check right speed.

Akshay

Cyborg Agent
@dinesh

With MO, d speed always varies. Thr is hardly nething u can do abt it. U can use cable instead of BT, a bettr EDGE supporting handset.. these things wud make atleast some diff.

Airtel has again reduced rates frm 12/day to 7/day. So thr is sudden rise in d no. of users. May b thr r lot of odr ppl using MO in ur area now...

Akshay

Cyborg Agent
I hav been using ripped settings 4 a while now n my speed is arnd 33.3kbps - 60kbps. Downloads r consistently arnd 48kbps. As thr r v.few ripped settings users (thr is andr trick now. Old one wont wrk on PC), I think it is benefiting me...

Dipen01

Youngling
Well....

I am using W810i (Class 10 EDGE)..

Speed is pretty much the same...i get download speed of
~25kbps when am downloadin something thru RS
and normally its ~20-22. Occasionally is goes to 30-31 also..

the problem since last week is...theres frequent stallin of connection
stalling in the sense..bites are send but nothing is recieved...so in that case
i have to dc and then reconnect ... its really irritating...

besides am payin 12rs/day in PUNE...and yeah EDGE is provided..

caleb

Ambassador of Buzz
krazyfrog said:
Rs. 20 per day:shock: Dude you're being robbed. In mumbai its only Rs. 7 per day (210 per month) and that too with EDGE.
I totally agree. But coming back 2 speed issue...yes Airtel has started compromisng.

shivkumar

>>>>>Monkey Power
I have been facing problem of constant line drop for last few days but not any speed compromise. I am still able to download at speeds 14-17 kBps using IDM and DAP.

@dinesh_mattur: try using other dial number ie if u were using *99# then use *99***1# or vice versa. many times it helps.
My personal experience is that whenever the connection speed is slow, simply disconnect the connection, switch off and then switch on the mobile and reconnect to gprs. I find this useful to get good browsing speeds.

@outlaw: you can't do such recharging ie using recharge coupon of one state to recharge sim of another state. and airtel gprs is free on roaming ie no extra charges like voice or sms charges.

thewinster

Broken In
I too have Airtel Mobile Office Connection. I use a Nokia N73 to connect to my PC. Earlier, I used to get download speeds of 18-24 Kilobytes which would occassionally go to 30 kBps.

Since yesterday, I am not getting speeds any higher than 5 kilobytes!

I was using the connection in a rural area when i got those lightning fast speeds :D is it because i am in a relatively urban area now that's making all the difference?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom