Not open for further replies.
OP
ravi_9793

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
Tech$oft said:
Are they really gonna decrease the prices of other internet plans
imean MO and edge.
I can't say exactly........because these are inside decisions.
but yes..Expect something better from Airtel.

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
Ravi it seems yöü are a big fan of Airtel and know everything about it..how come man? Awesome.

Ok i have one question.

What is the profit for these isp by giving us more bandwidth and at the same time reducing the price? I dont get it.
It really been one year or so, if i remember so,they have been having these plans....now they are changing.why cant they keep it for say another 1 year...small bandwidth..more profit..bandwidth saved...
This may be stupid..what is the real take?

And also is 999 rs 512 kbps ul true???

P.s ... If dayanidhi maran was here...he would have bought these tariff down some months back...

OP
ravi_9793

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
naveen_reloaded said:
Ravi it seems yöü are a big fan of Airtel and know everything about it..how come man? Awesome.
yaa..I like Airtel BB serivice and support.They give best possible support in real time.

What is the profit for these isp by giving us more bandwidth and at the same time reducing the price? I dont get it.
It really been one year or so, if i remember so,they have been having these plans....now they are changing.why cant they keep it for say another 1 year...small bandwidth..more profit..bandwidth saved...
This may be stupid..what is the real take?
They are reducing price because TRAI is reducing taxes..and also the company from ISP buys bandwidth is reducing price.

And also is 999 rs 512 kbps ul true???
Can't say exactly...but there is very less possibility of this in near future.

Last edited:

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
Thanks ..even i too like it..

But prev month they charged of isd call,which i didnt make.
Except this..they are awesome

OP
ravi_9793

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
naveen_reloaded said:
But prev month they charged of isd call,which i didnt make.
Except this..they are awesome
Lock your phone with digital code.
Now U won't face any problem :)

OP
ravi_9793

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
naveen_reloaded said:
Ya did it soon after i said my bill prev month.
Now exclusive for net and also for online multiplayer...
yaa..Games On Demand is great thing.
I also play GODS sometimes.
Monthly Fee is Rs. 199/-

PraKs

Youngling
Do not go for 512 Plan.. Damn more people go for it, They will not come with Mbps plans..

When BSNL can give for just 500 Rs Why cant this people give ?

NucleusKore

TheSaint
I do not know about the rest of the country, but here in Mangalore AirTel was the first to come out with broadband, they were the first to introduce unlimited plans. BSNL has ALWAYS been playing catch here.

I believe they have the same "MBPS" plan like BSNL for Rs. 500, I was told that when I enquired. Such a plan is not useful unless you want to browse like an owl in the night. It is only useful for those who want to download GBs every night, not for casual browsing.

OP
ravi_9793

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
PraKs said:
Do not go for 512 Plan.. Damn more people go for it, They will not come with Mbps plans..

When BSNL can give for just 500 Rs Why cant this people give ?

BSNL have two 512 Kbps unlimited plan.
1) Business UL 6000 Plus-->> Monthly rental Rs. 6000/-
2) Business UL 6000-->> Monthly rental Rs. 6000/-

And BSNL 500 plan has :
speed-->> 256 Kbps- 2 Mbps
Download limit-->> 2.5 GB/ month

Now what you say!!!

Last edited:

navino87

In the zone
I am currently using airtel 999 256kbps unlimited.... IS it better 2 switch 2 airtel 1499 512kbps unlimited????

another question : @ present iam using 220 BX modem.. wil they change tis device if i switch 2 512kbps unlimited??? as iam bit unhappy wit 220 BX modem...

OP
ravi_9793

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
navino87 said:
I am currently using airtel 999 256kbps unlimited.... IS it better 2 switch 2 airtel 1499 512kbps unlimited????
Yes for sure.

another question : @ present iam using 220 BX modem.. wil they change tis device if i switch 2 512kbps unlimited??? as iam bit unhappy wit 220 BX modem...
In both plan..you will get BX220 Modem, unless you don't request for other modem.

No, they won't change your modem when you change your plan.

If you think, there is some problem with your modem..than they will change your modem without changing any plan.

navino87

In the zone
^^^ thanks for ur reply man.... BTW wats the average download n upload speed tat u get with Unlimited 512 Kbps plan???

With my Unlimited 256 Kbps plan i get an avg download speed of 30 kbps n maximum of 34 kbps... n i get an avg upload speed of 27 kbps n maximum of 30 kbps...

is it worth 2 switch at moment r will there be another change in plan??? like ul512 @ rs 999??? any idea????

OP
ravi_9793

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
navino87 said:
^^^ thanks for ur reply man.... BTW wats the average download n upload speed tat u get with Unlimited 512 Kbps plan???
I have never tried 512 Kbps Ul plan.So, can't say exactly.

But Airtel provide good bandwidth according to plan.

With my Unlimited 256 Kbps plan i get an avg download speed of 30 kbps n maximum of 34 kbps... n i get an avg upload speed of 27 kbps n maximum of 30 kbps...

is it worth 2 switch at moment r will there be another change in plan??? like ul512 @ rs 999??? any idea????
yaa..it is worth to shift to 512 Kbps plan.

I don't think 512 Kbps plan will be available @ Rs. 999/- in near future.

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
@navino

It all depends on how much yöü use and whether yöü can pay that money..as yöü are using 256 like me,yöü know the bill nearly touches the 1.2k mark...

And remember that 1499 + tax = 1800

So if yöü are willing to add 600 Rs to your current bill,then it should be fine...

But their service is really good.

As i said it all finally depends on whether yöü can afford and have ability to saturate your bandwidth all time...

navino87

In the zone
thanks a lot for your reply guys... Now i wanna convince my dad to switch the plan :D

BTW any digitians using Unlimited 512 Kbps @Rs. 1499???

OP
ravi_9793

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
navino87 said:
BTW any digitians using Unlimited 512 Kbps @Rs. 1499???
I have seen one connection on 512 Kbps..getting speed around 55-60 KBPS.

But that time tariff was Rs.1995/- per month.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom