Airtel hikes tariff on intl calls by up to 10%

socrates

In the zone
In the face of financial pressure, private sector telecom major Airtel has increased international call rate tariffs by up to 10 % for some destinations for all customers and reduced certain benefits on add-on services for its pre-paid subscribers. "Tariff rationalisation is a continuous process and a function of market dynamics. With the correction of tariffs for a few international destinations, we continue to remain competitive and deliver value to our customers," an Airtel spokesperson said.

End of good times? :( Airtel hikes tariff on intl calls by up to 10% - Hindustan Times

ajayritik

Technomancer
Since Airtel has some good network in India especially in the Southern region they seem to think they are the best and are the first to increase prices and offering some services which are of lesser cost with other providers.

KDroid

Cyborg Agent
lol..I use MTNL to call my friend who is in Canada. Rs. 2 per minute. lolz.

You can use TATA Docomo to call your friend @ 1p/s

However Airtel is world's 5th Largest Telecom Company. And I don't find a price rise of 10% a big deal.

This is far more worth worrying. I expect local call tariffs to rise sooner or later. And hence, as a precaution, I've got my family members postpaid plans or rate-cutter packs with long validity. :)

Voldemort

I'll be Back
^^ For 1p/s, you'll have to pay Rs.59. I don't find Rs. 59 reasonable enough for occasional calls. However, if you make frequent international calls, it's perfect.

gopi_vbboy

Cyborg Agent
You can use TATA Docomo to call your friend @ 1p/s

However Airtel is world's 5th Largest Telecom Company. And I don't find a price rise of 10% a big deal.

This is far more worth worrying. I expect local call tariffs to rise sooner or later. And hence, as a precaution, I've got my family members postpaid plans or rate-cutter packs with long validity. :)

what i hate about airtel is thier unethical practices in business especially in VAS like ringtones etc.They loot customers without their knowledge.:x

Same goes with all private players except bsnl :)

KDroid

Cyborg Agent
I agree. On my mom's phone (TATA Docomo) , messages regarding various VAS keep flashing.. If you press OK accidentally.. which is very likely, the service gets activated. However, I haven't noticed them since I activated DND. But, this is totally unfair.

In my city, BSNL's network is very poor. I regularly encounter Call drops.

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
C*aptel is doing their own job, and we should do out job (i.e. getting rid of them). Its already overpriced. Increasing rates by 10% is too much.

Top Bottom