Airtel hikes Mobile Office prices!

Status
Not open for further replies.

assasin

Banned
here charges r still 249/month UL.but speeds hav hit an alltime low of 1-1.5kBps max for more than 2 weeks.most of the time i get dl speeds in Bps.also EDGE stays deactivated.Airtel is no longer provides quality service.

sandeepk

Journeyman
In Maharashtra except Mumbai they are charging Rs.12/day. It was mere Rs.5/day when I bought my connection with Airtel. But soon they increased it to current rate. So I discontinued using it.

Akshay

Cyborg Agent
Well!!!! BSNL is d cheapest in Maharashtra. Evn 4 Maharashtra circle airtel must have/must b planing 2 increase d rental.

BSNL offers d same speed, bettr connectivity at just Rs.199/pm for unlimited usage!!! Thnkfully I shifted to BSNL b4 Airtel cud eat into my pocket...

Mumbai ppl must b having something similar to BSNL frm MTNL....

Y dont u ppl try using Maharashtra card in mumbai (after confirming BSNL wont charge roaming GPRS in Mumbai)

OP
A

almighty

^^^ Akshay
hey we know about BSNL's gprs plan but never had any experience so we don like to take chance with BSNL...
cud u plz tell us more about BSNL gprs?
means howz the speed and other infos....
so that we can think for BSNL, Does BSNL provide EDGE? I think this comes in Postpaid only... not for prepaid user....isint

deathvirus_me

Wise Old Owl
Airtel MO SUCKS (as of now) .. my opinion :

2 years ago : Rs 99 INR , unlimited , awesome browsing and downloading .. peaked at around 12-14 KBps with Motorola C350/C650 :D , and at around 32-34 KBps with Nokia 6681 , ping (some ip i don't remember now) was around 200 :cool:

after some time : Rs 249 , unlimited , slow browsing , but consistent downloading .. peaked at around 28-30 KBps with Nokia 6681 , ping around 350 :confused:

after introducing EDGE : same price , unlimited , slow browsing , slow downloading , peaked at around 16-18 KBps with Nokia 6681 , ping around 850 :shock:

Recent Plan : Rs. 499 , unlimited , slow browsing , slow downloading , peaks at around 14-18 KBps ... donno what happened coz i shifted to BB :idea: ..

What a joke .. i presume the next step will be to make the data transfer limited. .. lol ..

OP
A

almighty

deathvirus_me said:
What a joke .. i presume the next step will be to make the data transfer limited. .. lol ..
agreed LOL:D
well said mate...me to uses MO since its rental was only 99 ....

OP
K

krazyfrog

I feel that MO speeds have increased sisce yesterday. Usually at night MO would totally stop working due to network congestion. But not since yesterday. I guess they've upgraded the network a bit and thats why hiked their prices. But still 15/day is too much money. Whats the point of improving gprs when half the cutomers have deactivated it?

OP
A

almighty

^^^
imo speed increased coz lots of cc are disconneting MO :p
as number of user decrease : Bytes increase :D
coz we airtel use dynamic ip... and as per airtel cc exe bytes are shared among the numbers of users are active that time :)

sandeepk

Journeyman
@akshay
Please I too want to know about the BSNL plans. I am also live in Pune, so your experiance with BSNL will tell me more accurately the situation with BSNL GPRS connection. Since when you are using it? Is it available only in Postpaid or even in Prepaid connection? What speed you get with it?

hailgautam

Youngling
I am paying Rs. 500 per month with airtel. thought not very happy but i get decent speeds in the night.....somewhere between 10-12Kbps.

went hutch but they said they charge based on the download and it is 10p for 10K that is way to high...it is like Rs 10 for 1mb or so....

I download 100-120mb every night.....

deathvirus_me said:
Airtel MO SUCKS (as of now) .. my opinion :

2 years ago : Rs 99 INR , unlimited , awesome browsing and downloading .. peaked at around 12-14 KBps with Motorola C350/C650 :D , and at around 32-34 KBps with Nokia 6681 , ping (some ip i don't remember now) was around 200 :cool:

after some time : Rs 249 , unlimited , slow browsing , but consistent downloading .. peaked at around 28-30 KBps with Nokia 6681 , ping around 350 :confused:

after introducing EDGE : same price , unlimited , slow browsing , slow downloading , peaked at around 16-18 KBps with Nokia 6681 , ping around 850 :shock:

Recent Plan : Rs. 499 , unlimited , slow browsing , slow downloading , peaks at around 14-18 KBps ... donno what happened coz i shifted to BB :idea: ..

Could not have said better

Last edited:

magnet

Youngling
what abt postpaid scene is it still 199 per month...guys call the call center and confirm and only 1 guy has confirmed the stuff so far...

why no other guy has received the message call customer care and ask u have heard this rumours is it true or else money might get detected

Tech.Masti

Wise Old Owl
krazyfrog said:
I think they only increased the price for Mumbai subscribers. Bloody hell! What do they think we Mumbaiites have bottomless wallets or something?
@pushkraj, mandar5 thanks for your comments guys.

not in Mumbai only, they also hikes rate in kolkata circle also from july, they now charges Rs.498 :-x for MO, i already disconnected it....

OP
K

krazyfrog

I ain't disconnecting it until 26 mid-night. Gonna use every last minute of the 'Affordable MO'.

magnet

Youngling
btw what made them to do such insane stuff????

10 would had been fine but increasing it to more than double is damn insane.....i pay 550 per month for a broadband connection where monthly download limit is 1gn and downloads from 11pm to 9 am are free.....and most importantly its a 512kbps connection....i download ard 20+gb everymonth...will the same be possible by MO??nope this is totally insane......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom