Airtel hikes Mobile Office prices!

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

krazyfrog

This is an sms i received from Airtel today
"Dear Customer, currently you are charged a daily rental of Rs.7 for GPRS. Effective 27 Aug.07. Charges for GPRS are revised to Rs.14.99/day Airtel GPRS is still most economical option for internet access compared to DialUp,Cable etc.If u still wish to deactivate the service, sms GPRSDEACT to 222"
When i started to read this message, i expected to see a drop in price in the current price. But when i saw 14.99/day, my jaw went somewhere in the vicinity of the floor. This is outrageous! How can they do this to us? I've been using MO since past 2 years only because it was super cheap and unlimited. And now they suddenly double the price. What were they smokin? I don't have Ambani for a surname. 15 rupees is way to much. Its even higher than the earlier 12/day rate. I certainly won't be able to afford to pay 15 rupees per day (450/month :shock: ). Only option for me is to discontinue MO. No MO, no net. No net, no thinkdigit. It was nice knowing you all:-(.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
krazyfrog said:
Only option for me is to discontinue MO. No MO, no net. No net, no thinkdigit. It was nice knowing you all.

You can always switch your provider. Try Hutch, Idea and others ;)

fun2sh

Pawned!... Beyond GODLIKE
Airtel sucks. they are increasin price of everything and closin all free things, for example they closed free sms plan here in BANGALORE

Pathik

Google Bot
Bloody sh1t... First of all the MO speeds suck.. Now they r increasing the price too...
Seems like my net ll be gone too... but i didnt receive any such sms..
krazy r u on normal prepaid or lifetime???
and Dont worry krazy i m with u..
Bye bye Internet, Bye bye Digit, Bye bye All :(

pushkaraj

In the zone
krazyfrog said:
This is an sms i received from Airtel today
"Dear Customer, currently you are charged a daily rental of Rs.7 for GPRS. Effective 27 Aug.07. Charges for GPRS are revised to Rs.14.99/day Airtel GPRS is still most economical option for internet access compared to DialUp,Cable etc.If u still wish to deactivate the service, sms GPRSDEACT to 222"
When i started to read this message, i expected to see a drop in price in the current price. But when i saw 14.99/day, my jaw went somewhere in the vicinity of the floor. This is outrageous! How can they do this to us? I've been using MO since past 2 years only because it was super cheap and unlimited. And now they suddenly double the price. What were they smokin? I don't have Ambani for a surname. 15 rupees is way to much. Its even higher than the earlier 12/day rate. I certainly won't be able to afford to pay 15 rupees per day (450/month ).
Even i have been a victim of this situation. There was a time when i used to boast about airtel coz of its gprs being as cheap as 7rs/day and unlimited download. Even though i use a nokia 6600, a stone-age phone as compared to my friends' phones like n73 and w810i, still they ate humble pie when it came to gprs. With airtel gprs, it was literally like "Karlo duniya mutthi mein"...

Alas:sad: those days are gone.......

krazyfrog said:
Only option for me is to discontinue MO. No MO, no net. No net, no thinkdigit. It was nice knowing you all.
pathiks said:
Dont worry krazy i m with u..
Bye bye Internet, Bye bye Digit, Bye bye All
:D ............
Switch over to NOP :D :D :D just wat i m probably gonna do

Pathik

Google Bot
But NOP is too fkin slow... also it has many other probs...
also no more apps like profimail, implus etc etc..

OP
K

krazyfrog

@charangk- All others are more expensive than Airtel. They charge on the basis of data transfered+monthly rentals. While Airtel only charges on per day basis with no monthly rentals, plus its unlimited.
pathik i'm a lifetime user.

pushkaraj

In the zone
pathiks said:
But NOP is too fkin slow... also it has many other probs...
also no more apps like profimail, implus etc etc..
Yeah but then u can always access digit on pc thru proxy. Use opera. It works. Worth 2 bucks. And c'mon pathiks, we need u and krazyfrog and other members.

Pathik

Google Bot
There ll be a big outrage soon.. many people take airtel sims to use the gprs only.. btw even i m a lifetime user..
i hope vodafone comes in soon and brings good gprs plans..

max_demon

IM AS MAD AS HELL!!
krazyfrog said:
@charangk- All others are more expensive than Airtel. They charge on the basis of data transfered+monthly rentals. While Airtel only charges on per day basis with no monthly rentals, plus its unlimited.
pathik i'm a lifetime user.
hey , what is the price of unlimited plan?is that plan available in maharastra

ratedrsuperstar

The Sexy Beast
i too am on gprs but haven't got any such mess. btw how are some of yall plans 7rs/day mine is 11.99/day and i have to sms 511 for activation?

OP
A

almighty

omg.... :(
but i don get any sms or any such news here.... :confused: :confused: :confused:
hope airtel is not gonna raise dere rental to all states...
it seems for some particulat states only....
In jamshedpur we have only montly plan ie rs.249/month UL
am getting the best speed with Airtel after some tweaks....
If it raise for rs400 too i am ready for them coz am getting good speed and i the part is moblility which cant be compared with any dial up or bb:)

mandar5

Youngling
Pathiks and Krazyfrog plz dont say this ,u r gods of this forum,without u thinkdigit ki jaan chali jayegi!Btw theres ul plan from dolphin/trump for 400rs i will let u know in 1-2 days.I think we have 27th as deadline for deactivating MO.

Gigacore

Dreamweaver
hey krazyfrog, you are bit lucky, in Bangalore it 20 Rs per day :( i use Airtel online and browse via opera:). i use MO only on sundays. and i used MO free for 5 months due to some fault :D

OP
K

krazyfrog

I think they only increased the price for Mumbai subscribers. Bloody hell! What do they think we Mumbaiites have bottomless wallets or something?
@pushkraj, mandar5 thanks for your comments guys.

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
this was expected. first they scrapped the sms offer, then increased call rates, then lowered the talktime on recharge now even the gprs services are hit! that is bad..and that is really bad. i think we should drag these ******** to consumer court. this is daylight robbery! all service providers are minting money thru the nokia battery enquiry, then they also get to suck the customers on national and state holidays by charging re.1 per sms. cellphone usage is going to dogs in this country!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom