Airtel Disaster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pat

Beyond Smart
From what I have heard and read, it seems that the Airtel Mumbai network is down since morning. That is nearly more than 15 hours now I think. What kind of **** is this ?

If our(company I am working for) clients production server is down and we cant get it back working in an hour or so, all hell breaks loose. It might even end our contract. But I guess these airtel SOBs are too lame to care.

So did anyone face any problems due to this major service outage ?

narangz

Web developer
Yes, with Vodafone & Reliance not in Mumabi though. This didn't happen today.

The outage of Vodafone network lasted for almost the whole night after 11 PM & that of Reliance lasted for the whole day.

Airtel also stopped working a couple of years back.

OP
Pat

Pat

Beyond Smart
Yes, with Vodafone & Reliance not in Mumabi though. This didn't happen today.

The outage of Vodafone network lasted for almost the whole night after 11 PM & that of Reliance lasted for the whole day.

Airtel also stopped working a couple of years back.

I am talking about today buddy :) Most of my friends,relatives in Mumbai had their phones out of service. Infact, its still not working!

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
Same here in Nagpur.Though the network is up i can't make a decent call whole day.
So bad when something like this happens to something you take up so much for granted.
Next time i will try remembering that its a MOBILE after all.

Pathik

Google Bot
Got this msg
Due to fire at Lower Parel, our network services in some areas of Mumbai are affected. Services will be restored shortly. Thank you for your continued support.

confused

Evolving Rapidly...
Same here in Nagpur.Though the network is up i can't make a decent call whole day.
So bad when something like this happens to something you take up so much for granted.
Next time i will try remembering that its a MOBILE after all.
OFFTOPIC: where in Nagpur, do ya live? (i had been there recently for the first time)

maddy_in65

Journeyman
I have airtel prepaid connection, its now two days that outgoing and other services not restored. This happens to all my friends, is there any update when they restore their services. Airtel Sucks:x

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
OFFTOPIC: where in Nagpur, do ya live? (i had been there recently for the first time)

Civil Lines Area...! However Nagpur is so small compared to some of the cities that specifying area in Nagpur doesnt make sense.
Every thing here from point A to B is less than 10 mins..

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
Everything above Bandra is down. i was in Pune last night and everything there was down on roaming, my network came back near National Airport.

OP
Pat

Pat

Beyond Smart
I have airtel prepaid connection, its now two days that outgoing and other services not restored. This happens to all my friends, is there any update when they restore their services. Airtel Sucks:x

I have heard that normal services should resume from tomorrow.

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
I'm posting this message from a cybercafe because my Airtel is down since the last 4 days and hence no GPRS to connect to the net. God knows how long will it take. :mad:

axxo

99.9% Idle
last evening recharged my prepaid airtel twice for Rs.121 thru online.
Payment was successful but no topup amount credited and not able to make any calls as of now with the current 0.02 balance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom