AIRCEL mumbai unlimited internet for Rs. 98/-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sumeet_naik

It doesn't matter!
I would gladly pay 700rs if airtel services and net were upto par.. I guess aircel is what I Might go for..

OP
Pratul_09

Pratul_09

Journeyman
Guys!!! I wanted to know the dial up settings for connecting my phone as a modem to surf net on PC. The settings I got over air are working fine for WAP.

So I called up their customer care (which is pathetic at the best). They told me the settings as :-

User name:- Blank
Password:- Blank

Dialing no:- *99***1#

Using these settings I am able to dial the no and it proceeds to Verifying user name and password and finally to registering your PC to internet. After trying to register for about a minute Windows throws up Error 734: The PPP link control protocol was terminated."

WTH!! Upon googling I gotta know that this may be because of incorrect username and password.

Can anybody who is using Aircel PC Internet help me with the settings.

Even though i have not dialled their GPRS (me on Airtel GRPS MO). I think their settings are pretty much same as Airtel GPRS settings. Once you have installed the drivers of the modem and initialized it, just go to network connections and click on the left top side to select 'create new connection' and then select next and 'connect to internet' and select 'Set up connection manually' --> next and 'connect using dial-up' --> next. Put isp as AIRCEL ---> next and put Ph no. as *99#, remember not to put anything in username, password & confirm password and select make this default connection & shortcut to desktop ---> Finish. Now goto network connections and right click on AIRCEL and select properties click configure and select highest maximum bps and select the three boxes of hardware features, click options tab and deselect prompt username. phone no & password. click on security tab and see whether typical settings with allow unsecured password is selected. Now click on networking tab and click settings and select the three options, double click on Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) and put DNS of open DNS as 208.67.222.222 & 208.67.220.220. Now click OK and dial using the connection. This will work fine

Incase you faced again Error 734: The PPP link control protocol was terminated error then goto desktop and right click on my computer and select manage. Then select device manager and select the modem. expand it to see the modem. then just double click on it and select Advanced and put this in extra initialization commands
AT+CGDCONT=1, "IP", "aircelgprs"
and select ok

Last edited:

sandeepkochhar

In the zone
Thanks Pratul for your help. But there is an easier way around to connect.

I am replying this to you using Aircel GPRS on my laptop. I used Motorola Phone Tools MPT and apn was aircelgprs. I didn't even need to put any dialing number. Just made connection using MPT and it connected. The speed is slow but at least it is working. I'll update more on it later

Gist is connect using your mobile's PC suite and not Windows internet connection wizard and you will easily get connected free of cost both on PC and mobile. (After you recharge with Rs 98)

OP
Pratul_09

Pratul_09

Journeyman
Actual speed varies between 8 Kb/s - 15 Kb/s during the day time and around 6 Kb/s - 8 Kb/s in the peak evening time. It also depends how far you are from the nearest tower. Mine is half a Kilometer, so good.

OP
Pratul_09

Pratul_09

Journeyman
In order to get more speed some tweaking is to be done with windows. Goto desktop, right click on 'My computer' and select 'Manage' and then click on 'Device Manager' and then select 'Ports'. Expand it to identify the communication port of your modem and double click on it, then goto port settings and move the 'bits per second' to the highest possible and select 'Flow control' to 'Hardware' and select OK to close it. Do this for all the possible COM ports of your modem. Also check whether the same is done for 'Modems' under the tab 'Modem' and 'Maximum Port speed'.

Tech$oft

Guy from Heaven
I too have taken the card , they told me it is a gprs/edge plan for 98rs , u have to take a separate voucher for internet !!!, I haven't buyed that , so will reply about the speed as i use the internet !!!

A

anarchist

now posting through aircel gprs. presently i am in J&K, here it is having speed ~32kbps (4KB/s). sometimes it is connecting & sometimes it gives error. the access point i am using is
aircelweb

bravo007

Broken In
Want to access internet on pc through mobile as modem:)
Which are the other good plans available in mumbai apart from aircell???
With there charges and speed:lol:

anyway we can complain about the mis(rather free)use of airtel gprs by many of its customers :mad: although airtel deserves it.the thing that bothers me is that it is hurting broadband penetration as many now have what they need(orkut,google) for free
many of my friends dont want a broadband connection coz airtel's free gprs works great for them:mad:
Didn't notice this post but its one of the MOST BS THINGS I HAVE EVER HEARD.

You mean to say everybody should be forced into buying broadband even if whatever they use currently is enough for all their needs ? What kind of logic is that ? Let people use Airtel hacked-freenet if they want to. What's your problem ? :?::?::?::?::?:

OP
Pratul_09

Pratul_09

Journeyman
Mumbai has quite a few service providers for (E)GPRS/EVDO viz.,
Airtel Rs 25/day for Prepaid and Rs 700/mth for Postpaid
Idea Rs 20/day for Prepaid and similar to Airtel for Postpaid
MTNL Rs 400/mth for Postpaid and 10ps/10kb for prepaid
Vodafone Rs 500/500MB for Prepaid or 5ps/10kb

Besides there are other options from Reliance, Virgin, Tata etc
check their respective home pages for details

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Didn't notice this post but its one of the MOST BS THINGS I HAVE EVER HEARD.

You mean to say everybody should be forced into buying broadband even if whatever they use currently is enough for all their needs ? What kind of logic is that ? Let people use Airtel hacked-freenet if they want to. What's your problem ? :?::?::?::?::?:

I think he is a cybercafe owner or may be works for some broadband company
in sales department :p

prakash.gourav

Noobness unleashed....
well i am using rs 98 voucher to connect to internet thru my lappy...

speed is better than airtel mobile office so far.
downloading speed averages at 15 kbps at night through orbit downloader..

kool

Cyborg Agent
in PATNA also its Rs.98 for unlimited........ But i've already recharged my Reliance SMART for Rs.303 unlimited. Can anybody tell me AIRCEL launched this offer for how long period???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom