Air India to pay Rs.75 lakh to crash victims

Tech&ME

Banned
Train is full of thousands of people, while in planes there are literally a hundred or more people. I don't think it's injustice. Have you ever really travelled in a plane? Well, most of the people aren't rich, at least to the people I've seen or talked with. Some are on a package with companies while some are sent officially for business purposes. 2/10 of the plane consists of rich people, rest of the richy richies people travel in much better planes available.

I don't think it's injustice, it's just not possible to donate every damn victim a sum of money, but I do agree that victims of train accident should be donated a little more than that. Poor people are used to their living, if they were given such amount of money they would become much richer than you (some may even misuse this privilege), while the plane victims need such amount of money to balance their lifestyle back to normal.

I would like to differ with your opinion.

1. Trains have seat/berth system and so limited number of Reservation is officially allowed.

2. What ever compensation is given, are given with respect to the seat/berth number occupied by the traveler at the time of traveling.
:arrow: So, basically officially is a train has 16 couches (16 couches x no. of seat = no. of officially reserved travelers.)

:arrow: So, only the traveler who was on the chart gets the compensation, which will hardly come to 1152 traveler on a train with 16 sleeper bougies.

:arrow: So, compensation will only go to 1000 traveler at the most, because all will not die atleast.

:arrow: Good Amount of compensation can be provided if the government wishes to.

Secondly:

:arrow: Gone are the days of flights were only for the richer class. This days tickets are much cheaper.

:arrow: I am a very frequent flyer and have noticed people seating next to me several times who was a first time traveller and did not know the importance of the seat belt. More worse, they even did not know how to open it :lol: , in spite of being explained by the crew !!! :grin:

:arrow: God know what will happen to such new comers on-board, in times of emergency!! :grin: :grin:

sygeek

Technomancer
I would like to differ with your opinion.

1. Trains have seat/berth system and so limited number of Reservation is officially allowed.

2. What ever compensation is given, are given with respect to the seat/berth number occupied by the traveler at the time of traveling.
:arrow: So, basically officially is a train has 16 couches (16 couches x no. of seat = no. of officially reserved travelers.)

:arrow: So, only the traveler who was on the chart gets the compensation, which will hardly come to 1152 traveler on a train with 16 sleeper bougies.

:arrow: So, compensation will only go to 1000 traveler at the most, because all will not die atleast.

:arrow: Good Amount of compensation can be provided if the government wishes to.

Secondly:

:arrow: Gone are the days of flights were only for the richer class. This days tickets are much cheaper.

:arrow: I am a very frequent flyer and have noticed people seating next to me several times who was a first time traveller and did not know the importance of the seat belt. More worse, they even did not know how to open it :lol: , in spite of being explained by the crew !!! :grin:

:arrow: God know what will happen to such new comers on-board, in times of emergency!! :grin: :grin:
[For every train accident]
75 x 1152 = 86400 lakhs or 86.4 crore
2 x 1152 = 2,304 lakhs or 2.3 crore

Tech&ME

Banned
75 x 1152 = 86400 lakhs or 86.4 crore
2 x 1152 = 2,304 lakhs or 2.3 crore

Well ! I appreciate your efforts! But this figures are nothing for a company that employs worlds largest man power.

So, they earn in millions. Indian Railways has the largest network with more then 18,000 trains plying daily!!

Just do the calculations of the money they earn. (Profit).

They have the ERP system now, so profits have actually increased.

Last edited:

sygeek

Technomancer
Well ! I appreciate your efforts! But this figures are nothing for a company that employees worlds largest man power.

So, they earn in millions. Indian Railways has the largest network with more then 18,000 trains plying daily!!

Just do the calculations of the money they earn. (Profit).

They have the ERP system now, so profits have actually increased.

86 crore are 86 CRORE, the value of this amount of money means the same to the average company. It's not a coin in your wallet that you can flip just like that at the beggars. I mean it is possible, but for every accident counted, it sounds insensible to me, mostly because
Poor people are used to their living, if they were given such amount of money they would become much richer than you (some may even misuse this privilege), while the plane victims need such amount of money to balance their lifestyle back to normal.

Tech&ME

Banned

86 crore are 86 CRORE, the value of this amount of money means the same to the average company. It's not a coin in your wallet that you can flip just like that at the beggars. I mean it is possible, but for every accident counted, it sounds insensible to me, mostly because

Well! ya, it is indeed insensible to me as well. (to some extend)

Why so hue and cry for money against a dead person ? :confused:

Why can't there be NO Accidents at all ?

Why can't we have safe travel system like in countries like China, and Japan.

Some countries run their trains at a max speed of 250 to 300 Km/hr and we are still seating with 130 Km/hr and on top of it, we are unable to handle a train running at such a slow speed ? :confused:

What a shame for India!!

What are the so called our Smart Engineers are doing ??

nisargshah95

Your Ad here
Well! ya, it is indeed insensible to me as well. (to some extend)

Why so hue and cry for money against a dead person ? :confused:

Why can't there be NO Accidents at all ?

Why can't we have safe travel system like in countries like China, and Japan.

Some countries run their trains at a max speed of 250 to 300 Km/hr and we are still seating with 130 Km/hr and on top of it, we are unable to handle a train running at such a slow speed ? :confused:

What a shame for India!!

What are the so called our Smart Engineers are doing ??

:+1:. Like the point regarding the train speeds compared to no. of accidents.

KDroid

Cyborg Agent
Stay on Rs.75 Lac Compensation to Mangalore Crash Victims

Kochi, Aug 25 (IANS) A division bench of the Kerala High Court Thursday stayed a single bench verdict ordering national carrier Air India to pay Rs.75 lakh ($168,000) each to the families of 158 passengers killed in the Mangalore crash last year.
However, a division bench of Justices C.N. Ramachandran Nair and P.S. Gopinathan asked Air India to ensure an amicable agreement on the compensation amount after talking to the families of those who lost their lives in the May 22, 2010, crash.
The new order came after Air India filed an appeal against last month's verdict by Justice P.R. Ramachandran Meno ordering Rs.75 lakh each to the families of the victims.
The flag carrier initially paid compensation of Rs.20 lakh each to the victims' kin as per the terms of the Montreal Convention on air carriers' liability.
Air India Express flight 812 from Dubai to Mangalore overshot the runway while landing at Bajpe airport, about 20 km from Mangalore, and caught fire after plunging about 300 metres off a cliff.

:|

Top Bottom