After effects

OP
theserpent

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
Hey clmlbx can you please tell me where i can find out backgrounds/footages for after effects for free ;).Cant send money on footages.
Thanks

clmlbx

Technomancer
You can always get videos from youtube, movies,
anyway tr those inks

Archive

Ignitemotion

OP
theserpent

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
^ Thanks a Lot.Repped
So both the websites provide enough stock footage?

Hey i made my first intro dint save the raw file just the rendered output but its 500mb :eek:

Btw i most basics,Can i get the next step tutorials i.e after basics?

Last edited:

clmlbx

Technomancer
share your intro video, don't search for just any tutorials as it will be endless but first decide what type of output you want and then look for that particular tutorials..

have you seen all video copilot videos?

why did you learn AF just for fun or some other reason?

other most important skill needed for Editing videos is "rotoscopy" search for tutorials and start practicing ..

for practicing you can start with making trailers, promo for videos, (any movie you have), it is just practice, get familiar with all tools and understand more about composition, every trailer promo should tell a story..

OP
theserpent

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
I put a text,Then added the built in effect..Double Spiral.And my name got changed to double spiral...Many Text effects are giving this problem?Any solution

you mean like credits, right?

Actually I did not follow any tutorial had little advice from my teacher and then improvised..

what I did was, first made a script about what to say(dialogues.), also practice saying each dialogue and note down how many seconds it took to speak each..

make a proper set. Lights are very important, never rely on Natural light as it is not gonna remain same for long time, always use light setup (even a tube-light and torch will do) but all should be same for both videos,so no change,

place every prop, chair the way that you or any prop don't overlap yourself, check this, sitting on both chairs, so in short keep proper distance

just keep two chairs but what ever you set, it has to be remain same way as you have to shoot yourself two times, once sitting in First chair and saying all dialogues, and second time sitting on another chair and saying all dialogues..

most important thing making interaction to look real is to keep an eye contact(very Important), and don't forget to blinks, change posture, hand gestures,

After shooting both videos, take it to after effects, and place each video on its timeline,before start cutting, you check both videos playing together and check if any adjustment is needed to match both videos, like brightness color correction, light information.. If you don't have good config then render that to output(uncompressed video format) then again reload them for future editing

Now start cutting each dialogues where you need interaction and place that way in time lines,..

one most important thing to make output from AF is to Keep resolution highest you ever gonna need it and your output should always be in Uncompressed format, yes it will be very heavy file but later you can convert it to any compressed format you need with any converter..If you render it to low file then that's it,, By rendering in uncompressed file you have have flexibility to get many output from single file.. converting is faster then rendering.

one most important thing I forgot, never shoot with camera in your hand, If digital camera then always use tripod, if any other camera or say mobile, place it on a table and then shoot, but be very careful about camera's position should not be changed nor it's perspective, even slight difference may cause problem, so mark that place.
Thanks a lot for the advice. :)

By the way, a friend of mine told me yesterday that the "2 versions of me" video can also be done with Premiere Pro. Is that right?

axes2t2

I am a cat
Don't give up you will get it in some time.

Making intros is a little bit hard for beginners.You should look for tutorials which show you how-to for the basic effects first.

Top Bottom