After BSOD & HDD Not Recognized

TechnoHolic

Journeyman
I was surfing..suddenly a BSOD occured..restarted the pc using reset button because windows was hanged at that time..After restarting, the harddisk wasn't recognized at boot time..by pressing the reset button again, entered the BIOS menu and there is no harddisk..!! then turned off my PC for sometime (some seconds) and switched it on and everything was OK..I didn't get further BSOD's till now (after 4 hrs of usage)
but i'm very much worried about my harddisk now..i've a huge amount of data on that disk..googled on the issue but didn't find any workable help/solutions..
So asking here..Please help..
OS-XP SP2
RAM-Corsair value 1600 (new)..

First of all, start backing up your data. Secondally, if the error is not occurring now, then it's okay. No point in searching for ghosts :p And please upgrade to a secure OS such as win 7, 8 or go the Linux ways. XP has so strong security that malwares just love to sit around it and try to break it, at which they are successful.

OP
TechnoHolic

TechnoHolic

Journeyman
i was creating this thread from mobile..it was posted twice
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/hardware-q/171831-after-bsod-hdd-not-recognized.html..Sorry

harshilsh, it happened twice..anyway when i see a blue screen i feel so bad i can't describe..
that time i saw a boot message "something that means HDD is not recognized (forgot the actual words) + contact support.intel.com)"
then i turned off my pc and restarted..and everything was Ok..Is it anything related to BIOS..?

Top Bottom