Affected by virus

Arnab008

Broken In
A virus has affected my system files. Each drive in my PC now contains RECYCLE.BIN and System Volume Information folders that neither can be deleted nor can be accessed. I know that these are not exactly viruses. These folders are already present. Other than these some album arts are displayed that also can not be deleted. I want to delete these stuffs without formatting. What to do? :-(

onlytanmoy

Journeyman
Download the free version of MBAM from this site and scan with it
Malwarebytes : Free anti-malware download

Good luck !!!

A virus has affected my system files. Each drive in my PC now contains RECYCLE.BIN and System Volume Information folders that neither can be deleted nor can be accessed. I know that these are not exactly viruses. These folders are already present. Other than these some album arts are displayed that also can not be deleted. I want to delete these stuffs without formatting. What to do? :-(

As you have already mentioned that recycle.bin and system volume information are not viruses, then how did you conclude that you've got malware in your system?

Anyways, run malwareBytes anti malware in safe mode followed by Norton power eraser.

OP
A

Arnab008

Broken In
This problem has started after the virus has affected. I tried to delete them in safe mode. But unable to do so. M using Norton.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
This problem has started after the virus has affected. I tried to delete them in safe mode. But unable to do so. M using Norton.

uninstall norton and install avira
if virus is not allowing to install any AV then use scanning tool such as this it will kick the virus a$$ (do get the latest version though)
eScan : Secure ? Scalable ? Reliable : Antivirus, Content Security and Firewall Protection for Servers and Endpoints

Top Bottom