Advice regarding AMD 1055T & GA-890GPA-UD3H

nixuser

Right off the assembly line
Hello Guys,

I need to build myself a new rig, old one just went dead.

I have zeroed in on

CPU: AMD 1055T 95W
MotherBoard: GA-890GPA-UD3H

Is my selection good considering, I want to make it a gaming machine, of-course after installing a DirectX 11 3D game card.

I also needed some advice on a good airy cabinet ( without power supply ) to go with it.

I am based in Delhi.

A prompt advice would be most welcome.

Thanks a lot.

OP
N

nixuser

Right off the assembly line
1. What is the purpose of the computer? (Note: If you are planning to say multimedia, you will have to be more specific as all types of systems are capable of doing that)
A:Gaming, Virtualization etc

2. Are you open to alternate ideas/products giving similar better performance but offering more VFM/ sellers? If not- why?
A:Yes

3. What is your MAX budget?
A:20-22 ( CPU, MotherBoard, Ram, Cabinet ) only

4. Planning to overclock?
A:Ya

5. Which OS are you planning to use?
A:Windows7, Linux

6. How much hard drive space is needed?
A:I already have around 2TB of HD

7. What resolution will the screen run at & whats the size of the screen you want? If you already want have one and want to use it, mention its resolution and size.
A:I have a monitor

8. How would you rate your hardware knowledge from the count of 1-10? (1 being the lowest, 5 being you are somewhat in sync with the current performers and 10 being the highest)
A: 8 - 8.5 maybe

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
A:Yes, I can build my own systems.

10. When are you planning to buy the system?
A:In a few days

11. Are you one of the types looking out for "future proof" configurations?
A:Yup, How do you know:)

12. Are there going to be any components that you don't want to include in this new rig? If yes, do mention.
A:No

13. Which city do you live in and are you open to buying from shops from other city/states?
A:Delhi, Wouldn't it create a problem in case of replacement etc, if I buy from some other city?

14. Mention any other points if deemed necessary
A: I want to install DirectX 11 3D game card ( but later ). I want to know if MB I mentioned will not pose any mentionable problem, also I want a cabinet which is airy and have lots of bays etc and easy to play with.

Mention your budget to get a proper answer

Hello Sunny,

I have already selected the CPU, MB but I am really confused regarding a good cabinet for that. Also I just wanted a second opinion about the CPU/MB combination for a gaming rig. I didn't go for 890FX as it is expensive for me and also I will need to buy a Graphic Card which I'll do later, maybe after 3-4 months.

Thanks

Core i5 2400 @9.5k
Intel DH67CL @6.5k
G.Skill Ripjaws F3-10666CL9S-4GBRL @2.3k
Cooler Master 690 Normal @4.4k

Total --> 22.7k

Better gaming with this..

Top Bottom