advice on opening a computer shop

vindance1

Journeyman
hello friends,

I m planning to open a computer sales and services shop in Rourkela (Orissa). However I do not have any idea regarding this business - initial investment, procurement of materials (source and range), profit margin, after sales services etc.
Where can I find information to answer my questions? Any other advice in this regard is highly appreciated.

Thank you.

Last edited:

d3p

PowerHouse
^ IMO you should contact these persons first for the procurement of the Components.

Example : Rashi Peripherals, Neoteric Informatique, etc etc for getting supply.

These above suppliers will also provide you the service of the components like warranty & replacements.

You need to find out the nearest supplier of the below components first.

Motherboards
Processors : Intel & AMD [Find out the supplier]
RAMs
Storage like HDD, SSD, CD, DVD's
Cabinets/Housing
Power Supply / SMPS
Monitors
Input Peripherals like KB & Mouse
UPS
Speakers
Network Components
Software Suppliers

Ok these are the above components for Assembled PC's. You need to be in touch with different Branded PC suppliers like Compaq, Zenith, Dell, HP & Lenovo.

For Laptop also you need to contact the laptop sales support for procuring the goods & rights for the sale.

For Assembled PC's, you need a good trained/well equipped assembler.

For service, you need good / with adequate knowledgeable service persons, to handle different types of failures coming from end customer.

Get a shop, in the center of the city & you are done.

Put up a website, where people can make their own configurations and print them out, you can also use this to quote prices for customers. If you are employing others for sales, make sure they are good at technical stuff as well as salesmanship. Most guys I've come up with are either too techy or in the salesman spirit, recommending me a core i3 second gen, that arrived just now rather than a core i7, three months old.

Don't expose all the products in a showcase, it is less appealing. Put out the flagship parts and components, in a minimalised manner, always works.

Also include software packages and game dvds to your stall, will generate more customers ;)

Top Bottom