ADVICE ME

Status
Not open for further replies.

harmax

Journeyman
am a big zero in web design or anything to put up a web page.

i want to learn it , basically i want to put up a web page on the web , i need not be stunning and all , but my point is to design a basic stuff,

i know lill bit html . and nothing else

----------------------------now that u know about my knowledge tell me whether i should go on with direct html coding or use any automated tools?

thanks in advance

tejesh

Broken In
Hi harmax,
I too had a similar problem when I started with web page designing.
But, a friend of mine (who makes pro sites) told me to start with actual coding & not to use web authoring tools in the beginning.
My advice would be to start from the basics ( coding) & gradually, to switch over to more advanced tools. But, if you just want to make sites fast, start with dreamweaver or frontpage although it will not give you the satisfaction that you have designed a page the "geek" way.
Best of luck for your future ventures, anyway.
:p :p :p :p :p :p

theraven

Technomancer
ok guys
NOW can i ask him to google for it ??
:roll:
*www.davesite.com/webstation/html/
*www.w3schools.com/html/
*www.htmlcodetutorial.com/
*archive.ncsa.uiuc.edu/General/Internet/WWW/HTMLPrimerAll.html

tuxfan

Technomancer
Get hold of a HTML book, like learn HTML in 24 hours. It costs somewhere around Rs. 125. It teaches you all basics and you will be easily be able to pick up things.

Then get a HTML editor like 1st page 2000 (*www.evrsoft.com) that is free and also contains some ready made javascripts.

After you are comfortable with basic HTML (which you should be within a week with that book in hand) go to *www.javascript.com and pick up some free javascripts which you can just copy+paste in your pages :)

cheetah

In the zone
U can use trail version of Macromedia Dreamweaver MX if you don,t want to spend on expensive packages.

U can use DHTML scripts from www.dynamicdrive.com and you can download website templates for free from *www.free-templates-layouts.com/

whoopy_whale

Journeyman
Indyan said:
The easiest tool for making webpages by far is WEB PAGE MAKER

Forget about Fontpage
get it frm

URL *www.webpage-maker.net/
That's true...Webpagemaker is really good and easy to use.They provide some good templates too.If you don't even know the basics of HTML,it's better to forget about dreamweaver and all for the time being.But try to learn the code.
Virtual Mechanics Sitespinner is also a good one...

bravefart

Broken In
I wouldnt make my life difficult doing full HTML programing ; prtfer using Dreamweaver maybe sometimes frontpage

lamrinnirmal

Journeyman
bravefart said:
I wouldnt make my life difficult doing full HTML programing ; prtfer using Dreamweaver maybe sometimes frontpage
i agree. no point learning html hard code. i learnt it and i never use it . in fact ive forgotten it. if you play around enough with frontpage and dreamweaver you ll master it.
check out this site*www.killersites.com/
they in fact advice to just get a few templates and alter em here and there and load,cause a lot of designs have become common and even if you design something very very innovative someone will soon have their hands on it!
:lol:

geek_god

Broken In
hmm... i personally think the best website designer is Dreamweaver, download it or find it somewhere in digit cds, if they still do this kind of techie stuff, and hey everything is free bcuz u crack it :)

I learned HTML using this book:
Mastering HTML, Premium Edition,
Authors: Ray & Ray,
BPB publications.

It starts from a hello world kinda code and builds upto pretty neat webpages and even takes u into DHTML,

but if you wanna save time dude, i say u go for dreamweaver. the latest version is completely kickass!
and wats with this "i dont wanna make it look snazzy?" use dreamweaver, do a ltitle cut n paste from various java scripts and u wud b done with a pretty neat looking webpage!!

post here if you need ne help with dreamweaver!!

Ashish

Broken In
Use Dreamweaver And Frontpage

I am also new to web designing , but i am making two websites.
I am using dreamweaver and frontpage .
They are quite easy to use.
U can use flash buttons etc. from dreamweaver and do coding in frontpage ( easier to handle).
Gudluck :D :D

ravishankar

Right off the assembly line
i want to make a dynamic coonected with database.

tejesh said:
Hi harmax,
I too had a similar problem when I started with web page designing.
But, a friend of mine (who makes pro sites) told me to start with actual coding & not to use web authoring tools in the beginning.
My advice would be to start from the basics ( coding) & gradually, to switch over to more advanced tools. But, if you just want to make sites fast, start with dreamweaver or frontpage although it will not give you the satisfaction that you have designed a page the "geek" way.
Best of luck for your future ventures, anyway.
:p :p :p :p :p :p

Aseem Nasnodkar

In the zone
Harmax if u need ne tuts on HTML, JavaScript, ASP, PHP, MYSQL and stuff like that PM me.
Wel i know u r new @ HTML but remember it is just ABC. U cud learn it in a week. So go for coding!!!
Best of luck
PM me if u require gud tuts!

Scorpion

Journeyman
Well,

Do you want to be a serious designer or just want to learn it as a hobby or to kill your time?
If later is the case, nothing beats the humble notepad and a textbook combo. Get yourself a good book and start with changing colors and headings, then move on to javascripts.
Dreamweaver and fronpage for a pro look and are NOT for a learning enthusiast.

Harmax HTML is the basic web design language,,,u said u know a bit of it...there is nothing more in that...it's very simple the things u have 2 do is just have determination and some time :!: :!: :!: you can learn every language easily try this link i advice u that fisrt get perfection in HTML and then u get CONFIDENCE then u can go for JAVA SCRIPTING...XYZ...

*www.w3schools.com/html/

U can starting frm the above link.

ALL THE BEST

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom