Advice gaming smartphone

codename_47

Broken In
Hello everyone
I am looking for a smartphone which i am going to use mainly for gaming.
I am concerned about the future of games on smartphones as no one is coming up with a smartphone with dedicated keys. These phones pack so much power but it is useless as touchscreen gaming is not worth it.
Sadly I can't find any option other than xperia play.
But xperia play is available for 18k and at that price more powerful and newer phones are available.
Should I go for xperia play Is the phone worth the price when it comes to gaming on the go?
Is there any chance that in the near future PSP games would be ported to xperia play?:-?

aroraanant

Explorer
Play seems to be the best option if you want a phone just to play games.
But don't expect that PSP games will be ported to it, it will not get any updates now.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Play hardware is really old. It has hardware keys but the mobile is bulky and i doubt Sony will release much games nor will developers. Wait for PlayStation certified mobiles. Heard HTC is working on a PS mobile.

If you want hardware keys there is only 1 option. PS Vita. Forget mobile.

samudragupta

Youngling
when it comes to gaming nothing beats the ios platform... all the latest and big titles are first released on the ios os. of course it is the touch screen but there are some alternative available like these Thumbies Game Controller for iPhone and iPod touch | eBay & iPega Branded Gaming Controller Grip Fr iPhone 4g iPod Touch iPhone | eBay
there are no rumours for any gaming handsets this year though...

tech_boy

The Annoying Thing
Xperia Play is good option, if ur only focus is gaming.... It has got good titles like Fifa12 but don't expect future PSP games to be ported to it:-|.

jsm17

Broken In
xperia s is playstation certified and supports somes playstation games like xperia play but doesnt has a physical controller but a workaround this is to connect an external low power playstation or xbox controller to the mobile with usb on the go feature.

most of the android phones support usb on the go these days so you can connect an external controller with them. i havent tried this myself as i am new to android but i read they do drain some battery so perhaps you should go for a phone with adequate and big battery

OP
C

codename_47

Broken In
I have reached a conclusion.
Smartphones are not suitable for hardcore gaming. Such amazing hardware these phones have. I am sure PC titles 5 or 6yrs old could be easily ported to this hardware.
Anyways I am looking for a smartphone now which is good for casual gaming,browsing and Photos.
My budget is 18000 rs.
I have got three options HTC one V,motorola photon and Motorola defy plus.
please advice me.

aroraanant

Explorer
If you want a good phone then I suggest you to extend your budget a lil bit and get Xperia P or HTC Sensation for 22k.
One V has some software issues, or if you can find Desire S somewhere then just grab it.
Apart from that you can also have a look at Neo V for 16k, even HTC Radar for around 17k is also a good phone.

OP
C

codename_47

Broken In
Everything on the motorola photon impressed me.
I found another option too i.e LG optimus 2X.
I think I should go for photon its available for 19k. The only thing that concerns me is photon is not released in INDIA. so i cant say anything about the warranty claim for that phone.
Don't know what to do?

OP
C

codename_47

Broken In
Thanks everybody for suggestions.
I finally got a motorola atrix 2. The phone is good when it comes to performance. The display is good but it has deep black levels. Anything in the dark and its hard to see. The phone has one dead pixel although not noticeable but it concerns me. Called motorola and they said it wont spread.
Got a score of 5.3k in antutu benchmark which i feel is decent.
Tried shadowgun the graphics are awesome. But controls just made my heart sink. 1080p video playback is a treat to watch. Browsing is smooth. Camera is just about mediocore. My k790i used to grab much details than this.
All in all it's a good phone at the price.
Anyone who has 20k should seriously consider this option.
:)

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Thanks everybody for suggestions.
I finally got a motorola atrix 2. The phone is good when it comes to performance. The display is good but it has deep black levels. Anything in the dark and its hard to see.

congrats :)

The phone has one dead pixel although not noticeable but it concerns me. Called motorola and they said it wont spread.

my mobile has 1 bright pixel and its still the same. so don't worry. you got 1yr time to test it ;)

Tried shadowgun the graphics are awesome. But controls just made my heart sink.

try Dead Space

SunE

Professional Newbie
Of course it made your heart sink. Only way to play shooting games (first person and third person both) is by using a keyboard and a mouse. Everything else fails.

Good games on Android= Racing games, Run & Jump games and Puzzle games.
Try playing Asphalt 6,7; Temple Run, Where's my water, etc.

Top Bottom