advice for pocket computer-anyone?

oldmonkfan

Right off the assembly line
friends, pls advice on a good windows based pocket computer available in india. i need a handwriting interface for quick inputs.internet connectivity is not relevant (blasphemy!!) as i am an army officer and will use it for my official work and we are not comfortable doing that on internet enabled devices.
the device should be robust,pocket sized and the screen easily visible in sunlight.
please advice, i had a dell axim X51V which fell and broke. thankfully all the data was copied. however searching for a replacement is too damn confusing!
regards, ravi.

Sarath

iDota
By Windows do you mean the Windows Mobile series. After Windows Mobile 6.5 no more OS upgrades came out.

Microsoft developed a whole new different OS and called it Windows Mobile 7 which is great to look at but is very restrictive in nature, especially for the nature of your work. But it is not a successor to the Win Mo 6 series. It's completely different.

I would suggest a smartphone (PDA's died a while ago) Galaxy Note which is a 5" Android OS based tablet-phone hybrid which might help in your work.

Kindly state your budget so that we can help you better

OP
O

oldmonkfan

thanks for the replies.
budget is upto 35-40k as i will use this for quite a few years.
can an android device be integrated with windows for working on presentations and documents?
i really just need a hand held device which can take notes, be used for drafting papers etc and be used to create powerpoint slides.

Mr.V

Journeyman
thanks for the replies.
budget is upto 35-40k as i will use this for quite a few years.
can an android device be integrated with windows for working on presentations and documents?
i really just need a hand held device which can take notes, be used for drafting papers etc and be used to create powerpoint slides.

If you search in app market,you will get some apps which can be like MS Office PowerPoint.

Yes an android can do the work you want.Go ahead for Galaxy Note.
It has a faster Dual core processor than the x51 and has ample ram,Bigger screen,Latest version of wifi,(if at all you need internet,)

OP
O

oldmonkfan

thanks for your replies. have tried out the galaxy note, it seems good for my needs.
i will terminate this thread now.
thanks digit technology.

Top Bottom