Advice about buying an AGP 8X card from Ali express

1. Which Power Supply do you have? (Be EXACT while naming the company and model)
Ans: Frontech 450 watts

2. What is your budget?
Ans: 5k

3. Which resolution will you game at?
Ans: 1280X720 or 1920 X 1080.. the games like DOTA 2 and CS:GO should be playable at 60-80 FPS..Eye candy is not a priority.

4. What are your current computer specifications?
Ans: AMD Athlon64 2800+, GIGABYTE K8VM800M, 2gb DDR400 ram, NVIDIA MX4000

I am thinking of buying the HD4670 from ALIEXPRESS as I had read that it is the best possible AGP card available...Please suggest any other alternative for the card or the vendor... Also is the site safe to buy. does anyone has experience shopping from it.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
why would you even buy such a thing on 2013..
Even Intel HD Graphics will provide better performance and give headroom for future upgrades.. I would strongly suggest you extend to atleast 7k and get
G2010- 3k
H61 mobo - 2.8k
RAM - 2 GB - 1.2k
The Intel HD graphics is adequate for but dont expect 60-80 fps on FHD..

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
why would you even buy such a thing on 2013..
Even Intel HD Graphics will provide better performance and give headroom for future upgrades.. I would strongly suggest you extend to atleast 7k and get
G2010- 3k
H61 mobo - 2.8k
RAM - 2 GB - 1.2k
The Intel HD graphics is adequate for but dont expect 60-80 fps on FHD..

The HD graphics of G2010 is not going to provide better performance compared to a HD 4670 .. at best Intel HD Graphics will provide performance similar to HD5450 cpmpared to which HD 4670 is 3x faster but I do agree with you that Op better upgrade his cpu+mpbo+ram trio first.

OP
B

Bhargav Simha

!mp@sse
I agree to your sugesstions... but sadly new rig is not an option right now. I used to have a GeForce 7800 GS AGP card, but it stopped working and is also beyond repair. I am saving money for a gaming rig/laptop.. but mean while need to play DOTA 2, HOMM 6, CS:GO. The 4670 is costing me $89(Some chinese branded card) in ali express, its also available in newegg for about $84(HIS card) but to get it from US is the problem. Ali express says it ships to india.. but not sure if the product and the site are good..

I don't think any other AGP cards are available.

Other option is to get a used HD 3850 from ebay/amazon its available for $139... Main concern is which one costs less power since my PSU is a Frontect 450w psu. Though the hd3850 is pricey, I would go for it if the performance is same and power consumption is less than 4670..

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
you won't get any warranty if you buy a card from Ali exp. and same may be true if it's from amazon/e-bay us site so I would avoid those options and $139 can get you a sweet basic rig with .. look at the post 3 and if you want just drop a 4k gfx card later and you will get better performance than any AGP card in games around $200.

OP
B

Bhargav Simha

!mp@sse
you won't get any warranty if you buy a card from Ali exp. and same may be true if it's from amazon/e-bay us site so I would avoid those options and $139 can get you a sweet basic rig with .. look at the post 3 and if you want just drop a 4k gfx card later and you will get better performance than any AGP card in games around $200.

Hmm you are right.. but I dont want to get a basic rig. thinking about getting atleast amd-8350 rig with 7970 or 780..... Saved 1.25 last year for a rig and was bout to buy it,but I was forced to buy a car. There are lots of games in my steam which I have to play.. I keep buying them from sales even when I dont have the PC to play them in :oops:.

I need some more time to save enough.. but mean while need a good agp to play dota 2(cant live without)...

Now bad luck is that the 4670 AGP available in newegg is out of stock... My only options now are HIS 4650 from ebay or 4670 from ali express..

Top Bottom