Active Virus Shield.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

shyamno

Ambassador of Buzz
I am using active virus shield..when ever I start my computer and open the AV the first window shows some scaning..What is it ??Full system scan or what ???How can I stop that ??

Also If I select the AV security level to HIGH will it reduce my Internet speed..or increase the access time of opening any files..

Please let me know...

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
I also have not used AVS,i think it must be a scan of system areas,processes etc.

For the second--->Keeping av security level to high will slightly slow opening of files as it scans within compressed files etc.

OP
shyamno

shyamno

Ambassador of Buzz
Cool G5 said:
I also have not used AVS,i think it must be a scan of system areas,processes etc.

For the second--->Keeping av security level to high will slightly slow opening of files as it scans within compressed files etc.

no effect to Net speed...right..or will it also hinder the speed of the network...

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
shyamno said:
no effect to Net speed...right..or will it also hinder the speed of the network...

It will but very slightly.But i am not sure.Wait for other members reply.

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
if the Security level is set to high, then AVs will scan every NEW file (of web pages, other files...) & when you open any file, AVS will scan it too :), so slight slowdown of Web-Page opening. (NO EFFECT on net-Speed :wink: )

when the Scannng is going on, just click on AVS icon (in taskbar) & select SCAN (in left pane), it'll show which TYPE of scanning is going on (Startup/full system...).

btw have you scanned your PC (Full System scan) with AVS???

if not, then its a reason why AVS is always scanning while booting.

OP
shyamno

shyamno

Ambassador of Buzz
I have done a full system scan...tommorrow..but whenever I start my PC the pop up message appears..saying that "A full computer scan has never been performed. Please complete a full scan as soon as possible. The initial scan may be time consuming, but you may pause and resume the scan at any time."

Also In file protection ..I have checkmark the Scan change and new files only..does this causing the scanning of the files at startup...but also in Startup Objects I have unchecked Run on system start...

i am posting a screen shot...here the threat detected was when I first scanned the M/c and not for the instant scanning..
*img213.imageshack.us/img213/9919/avseg1.jpg

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
your "Summary" doesnt say anything about "Full System Scan" right now.

& if it does again, just let it run (again).

If something is missing/not done, you can find it under "Info".
*img292.imageshack.us/img292/6301/avseg1yi2.th.jpg

(Click "right/left arrow" for navigation).

Now refer the below pics & "Disable" the "Run after every Update" & under Run Mode - "Run Every day"
*img292.imageshack.us/img292/1731/untitledbw1.th.jpg - *img292.imageshack.us/img292/1439/untitled2dr0.th.jpg

NOTE::: i've put KIS's screenshot:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom